Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #6

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #6

Post by 4thgoal »

It isn't much better, but after the loss to Portsmouth West, Burg is now 6-8 on the season

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Pfloyd, take a look at (minford -oak hill 1/13 thread) there's a vidieo link .Check it out give us your opinion. Thanks.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… oakfan … from watching the video imo the foul was on the floor, before the shot attempt … obviously OHHS fans are going to "see" - he was shooting … Minford fans will "see" that the foul was prior to the shooter turning to release the ball towards the bucket … it ends up being a judgement call by the officials as to the "when" during the contact they want to call the foul … I don't have a "dog in the fight" - my perspective was that I saw and would have called the foul on the floor prior to any shot attempt … as far as it being an intentional foul? every foul like that whether it is a team that is behind fouling to put teams on the line or get teams into the bonus to have a chance for the team ahead to miss the front end of the 1 & 1 - they are technically intentional fouls but are never called as such - again an officials judgement call … in this case Minford had fouls to give? you don't want to get beat by a 3 pointer, good coaching has players fouling to keep from getting beat by the 3 ball … if you have multiple fouls to give, the clock under 10 seconds, you're fouling to keep the opponent from getting shots off, using up clock all at the same time … my point of view is that the foul WAS on the floor …

… the 2nd game of this home & home is going to be a dandy … the pfloyd tour needs to make the trip to see that one … the young Oaks are making their presence as a quality team known for sure … not sure there will be many teams who will want to matchup with Oak HIll in the "one and done season" …

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Thanks for the input pfloyd. Close call either way. My thought was everyone incuding minford knew cox was taking the the last shot and they were not letting him get it off. My thought was wrap him up, but pulling him to the floor while trying to get the shot off I believe is what had the oak fans pretty upset.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

oakfan - no problem … in close, good basketball games between quality teams it's tough being a fan from either school LOL … I just watched a replay of the Logan @ Warren game from last week … Warren got the "W" 67-60 over my Purple boyz - what a great basketball game! the outcome wasn't decided until the final minute of the game … Coach Helber for Logan has his BEST first 7 players in his tenure at Logan some excellent "basketball" players … good size with 6-8 Kevin Fisher ( Fisher had a 26 pts/22 rebound game vs Morgan in Logan's last outing) … Lane Little at PG handles pressure as well as any PG out there (just a junior) … I have been very impressed with Isaiah Smith, Cole Barren, Sam Evans, sophomore big man Cory Henthorne … and senior shooting guard Chance Cox … IF you look at over all strength of their first 7 vs the majority of teams they play/will play - the Purple 7 match up very very well … my take on the outcome of the Warren contest was that the Chiefs haven't learned how to "get over the top" yet … it takes 32 minutes - self discipline down the stretch to pick up wins in tight games … Coach Helber & his staff will get it done - teaching them how to win … I wouldn't be surprised to see this edition of the Purple get a couple of "W's" in the post season … but just as the Oaks are looking to the rematch with Minford , my Chiefs have circled the rematch with Warren on their handy dandy pocket schedules … might just be THE game to decide the SEOAL championship …

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Logan-Fairield Union score? Thanks.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Clay 65
Eastern 56
Final

Clay is 12-3 (8-1)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly playing much better ball, beats West 62-49 tonight.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...Need Warren-Jackson JV score to complete SEOAL standings. Thanks.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I think my Fighting Tigers might move up a couple spots next week after a couple good wins against Portsmouth and Fairland. The addition of Malone to the lineup has helped the Tigers out tremendously.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 74
Paint Valley 60

The Bearcats are going to be a load in D4. They are well coached, athletic, and BIG. The Shermans had a very difficult time through nearly 3 quarters until a Cole Cottrill offensive board led to him knocking down a 3 in what was a 2 point game. The Shermans then pulled away from there, getting the lead up to 9 after 3. Overly had 17 to lead Unioto, Corcoran/Cottrill had 14, Swackhammer had 11 huge points off the bench, and Isaac Wheeler had 8 big bench points as well. PV was lead by Clay Stratton with 24, McCloy pitched in with 17, and McFadden had a dozen. Big Dylan Swingle played under the weather, but performed decently.

Each team has big home games tomorrow night, PV vs a reeling Southeastern ballclub and Unioto vs a redhot Piketon team.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… heading down Rt 33 to the Convo tonight to take in my Elite 8 number 2 team - the Athens Bulldogs take on Columbus Watterson … should be a good test for the Bulldogs of Coach Skinner as AHS begins a stretch of Columbus Watterson tonight , travel to the WarriorDome Tuesday evening to take on the Warren Warriors and then for good measure finish things off by playing Akron St Vincent St Mary next Saturday in the Plains - wow - looks like I will be getting my fill of the Athens boyz this week - not a bad thing !!! …

… going to have to get to Warren early on Tuesday night !!! tickets will be tough to come by and seats even harder LOL … should be a great get together for 2 rivals in SEOhio …

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”