Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Prime Time
All State

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by Prime Time »

Besides Fairland the OVC is quite average at best. Here is some examples Green a bottom feeder beat Rock Hill, East beat Coal Grove, Notre Dame beat Chesapeake and Coal Grove all this year . so really Portsmouth mifght be in the middle of pack in Soc 1 , and I don't drink nothing but Running water from the Hills.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Prime Time your examples of the OVC being very weak doesn't make no sense....Guess what! Rock Hill is bottom feeder in the OVC...Chesapeake and Coal Grove the next 2 bottom feeders.. And don't say well Coal Grove beat Portsmouth...Portsmouth is a lot better than coal grove .....You picked out the weakest teams in the OVC by far to try and show how weak this conference is.....Ironton beat wheelersburg....Gallia beat Bethel and Meigs..... SP has played with everyone except Fairland and were only down 8 at halftime in both those games, and if not for a few bad breaks and turnovers could very well be 16-3 or 15-4... ND beat Chesapeake? big deal everyone has beat Chesapeake ..SP had Chesapeake down 32 at halftime a sit their starters the entire second half and still won by 30..SP scrimmaged eastern pike and beat them....SP beat s Webster... The OVC top 5 teams Fairland Gallia Portsmouth South Point and Ironton can play with any team in the SOC 1....and spank them.....

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWatchFromTheStands »

Phoenix31: Clay would be too much for Portsmouth. From shooters to inside they are too much. You clearly haven't seen them play or you wouldn't be saying that. Pfloyd has got the rankings right and you just wanna pick away at it. Leave it be. Ive seen clay play a lot and I've seen portsmouth play west and was not impressed at all. West isn't very good and that game was way too close. Just leave the rankings up to him next time.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

IWatchFromTheStands wrote:Phoenix31: Clay would be too much for Portsmouth. From shooters to inside they are too much. You clearly haven't seen them play or you wouldn't be saying that. Pfloyd has got the rankings right and you just wanna pick away at it. Leave it be. Ive seen clay play a lot and I've seen portsmouth play west and was not impressed at all. West isn't very good and that game was way too close. Just leave the rankings up to him next time.
I saw Portsmouth play West.

It was so bad.....I got sick!

Hahahahaha........but, true

Clay at #14....go black kittens!

Hahahahaha

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Yeah you are right Clay is #14 and would run circles around those "Trojans" who get in fights against Burg. Stay Classy.... Hahahahaha

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'm not sure what the point of insulting Clay is without seeing them play.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

IWatchFromTheStands wrote:Yeah you are right Clay is #14 and would run circles around those "Trojans" who get in fights against Burg. Stay Classy.... Hahahahaha
If Portsmouth only beat Chesapeake by 4, they aren't very good

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Portsmouth beat peake by 4 Portsmouth beat SP 2 times...should have been a split though but wasn't SP beats peak by 30 with starters out 2nd half...comparing who beat who doesn't fly lol

Spectator555
Waterboy

Post by Spectator555 »

Seems to me it's one of the players for Portsmouth, let ignorance flourish through his mind while he's young. Insulting and making confident judgements over something you know little about isn't a good way to express your opinions

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

IWatchFromTheStands wrote:Yeah you are right Clay is #14 and would run circles around those "Trojans" who get in fights against Burg. Stay Classy.... Hahahahaha

Classy ? ....junior high game against symes valley? Embarrassing! !

Spectator555
Waterboy

Post by Spectator555 »

We are discussing the high school basketball team, the JR. High fans is completely irrelevant to Clays basketball team. It didn't have a thing to do with the coach, or the players. The initial source was due to the parents and fans of both teams. Embarrassing, yes I agree, but zero correlation with the coaches and players of the high school team which this discussion is about.

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Noitall wrote:

Classy ? ....junior high game against symes valley? Embarrassing! !
Junior high vs High school. Big difference.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Lol ,ok .

By the way I was at the burg game and from burg ,I seen no fights?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Just speaking for myself here, but just maybe you should create your own thread, and save this for SE Ohio basketball fans, show so respect for PFloyd

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

This quickly turned into a 5 year old thread.

However, to end the debate, I'm a neutral fan who has no affiliation to either team and have seen both teams twice now.

Clay gets a slight nod. Portsmouth is more athletic top to bottom, Clay has the more talented starting 5. If Portsmouth's pressure could get to Clay, sure, they'd have a good chance. But Clay is so much better than you're giving them credit for. I'm a SOC 2 homer and typically dog the SOC 1, but I can assure you the front 5 of the SOC 1 is better than it has been in MANY MANY YEARS! To be leading the SOC 1 this year shows just how solid Clay is.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg's record is 13-5

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Arguing over something that has nothing to do with either team ,no way no one will ever know who would best who ,that's why they PLAY the game and these teams won't play each other ,not even in the tournament so the back and forth meand nothing ,I'm sure the players and coaches of these two teams could care less who would win this match up and have other teams on their minds.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Spectator555 wrote:Seems to me it's one of the players for Portsmouth, let ignorance flourish through his mind while he's young. Insulting and making confident judgements over something you know little about isn't a good way to express your opinions
"Seems, madam? Nay, it is; I know not seems."

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Sir. Potstirers are a dime a dozen ladies and gentleman. And we have one here. I still say Waterford will come out of region and Soc 1 team will be close. Portsmouth will be lucky to win a game at districts. Just my observations from everything that has been played out.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

As a Trojan fan and alumnus, it is a moot point to debate who would win between Clay and Portsmouth. They don't play each other, so any argument about who's better is pure conjecture. I've seen Clay twice, and they do indeed have a nice starting 5. I said a while back to biggdowgg that the Panthers would really be good when Hinze comes back from his injury. To be at the top of SOC I as deep as it is, is quite an accomplishment. I really do feel Clay could beat Waterford if they're on their game, but the D4 sectional at Northwest is the toughest I can ever remember. For our Trojans, losing our all time leading scorer and coming back with a 14-5 season thus far has been a pleasant surprise, and it wouldn't shock me at all if PHS advances to at least the district finals, having personally seen a lot of possible opponents in the tourney. It won't be easy for PHS because our ship sails if our shots are falling. It they don't, then the ship begins to take on water. We have our flaws, just like anybody else. Coach Collins and his outstanding staff have squeezed as much juice out of the orange as they have been able to. I am very proud of these Trojans.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”