SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Post by 93Bulldog »

tvc_fan wrote: Last 3 games that you changed defense, yes you may be 3-0

But against
10-8 Meigs.
5-13 Wellston
6-10 Bishop Watterson
Don't let 6-10 Watterson fool you. They'd be around 12-4 playing some of the schedules we see in seo.

Beating the No. 1 ranked team (DIII) in the Columbus dispatch coaches poll (Worthington Christian) tells you a lot about Watterson. They also beat Westerville North and both games versus (13-3) DeSales were within 17 points - not to mention almost beating Fairfield Union. Athens absolutely destroyed them last night.

And how to do you tout Meigs as being a top team in one post, then downgrade them in another? Are you saying Athens' 11 point win over them isn't a quality win?

:mrgreen:

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:
tvc_fan wrote: Last 3 games that you changed defense, yes you may be 3-0

But against
10-8 Meigs.
5-13 Wellston
6-10 Bishop Watterson
Don't let 6-10 Watterson fool you. They'd be around 12-4 playing some of the schedules we see in seo.

Beating the No. 1 ranked team (DIII) in the Columbus dispatch coaches poll (Worthington Christian) tells you a lot about Watterson. They also beat Westerville North and both games versus (13-3) DeSales were within 17 points. Athens absolutely destroyed them last night.

And how to do you tout Meigs as being a top team in one post, then downgrade them in another? Are you saying Athens' 11 point win over them isn't a quality win?

:mrgreen:
I really don't see where I have talked Meigs up in many post at all, We are playing good ball, not Top 8 ball, but we have played well against VC...We don't have any high quality wins.

I am a realist, We aren't a good team until we start finding a way to get wins against the higher team.

And yes you might have beat us by 11 points, but anyone that seen that game knows it was much closer then that. I don't have my homer glasses on because we beat teams ranked #18 and lower.

You're trying to argue Athens is better because they beat teams that gave VC a run for their money, When the real deciding factor should be what you done against VC yourself!!!

Will put my Homer glasses on for a minute:

Alexander beat Vinton County...Meigs beat Alexander twice
Vinton County only beat Meigs in TWO games by the total of 9 points.
Meigs beat 27-1 Holly Pond Alabama Team
Athens only beat us by 11

We deserve Top 8 since we have only lost 4 games since the 0-4 start, those 4 losses coming to VC by 8, Point Pleasant by 8, Athens by 11 and VC by 1.
LMAO

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Closer than 11? Athens led from start to finish. They led 15-13 after one, 35-28 at half, 52-47 after three ... before winning 75-63, which is actually a 12-point win, btw.

Lol

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:Closer than 11? Athens led from start to finish. They led 15-13 after one, 35-28 at half, 52-47 after three ... before winning 75-63, which is actually a 12-point win, btw.

Lol
Yes it was much closer than the (12 points) would indicate. Like I said anyone there knows that.

You beating Meigs, Alexander and Jackson doesn't make you TOP 8.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

TWIZZLERS! !###

Or I've heard pineapple upside down cake will work :)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

tvc_fan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Closer than 11? Athens led from start to finish. They led 15-13 after one, 35-28 at half, 52-47 after three ... before winning 75-63, which is actually a 12-point win, btw.

Lol
Yes it was much closer than the (12 points) would indicate. Like I said anyone there knows that.

Maybe next year instead of playing warren, parkersburg, fairland, morgan, watterson, marietta - we'll just play a cupcake schedule like Vinton & be 19-3. That way we can be in top 8.

;)

Or just bye a case of twizzlers like biggdowgg said. Either or will work. Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Btw, im just bored waiting on the super bowl. I know Athens isn't top 8 material.

Sheeeesh

Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:

Lol

Maybe next year instead of playing warren, parkersburg, fairland, morgan, watterson, marietta - we'll just play a cupcake schedule like Vinton & be 19-3. That way we can be in top 8.

;)

Or just bye a case of twizzlers like biggdowgg said. Either or will work. Lol
Well those are 6 tough games...but VC has Logan twice, @Chillicothe and @Miami Trace---so minus two of your tough opponents off if you want to make that your case....smells more like a 5 loss team.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ha! Athens would beat Logan twice. Its a shame they called & said they didnt want to play us anymore!

:)

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Just curious if you happen to lose the first game of the tourney, was scheduling those games a benefit?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

tvc_fan wrote:Just curious if you happen to lose the first game of the tourney, was scheduling those games a benefit?
Who knows. You can make an argument for both strategies. Schedule tough - be better prepared. Schedule weak - get a higher seed.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:Just curious if you happen to lose the first game of the tourney, was scheduling those games a benefit?
Who knows. You can make an argument for both strategies. Schedule tough - be better prepared. Schedule weak - get a higher seed.
Schedule up and possibly lose those games and lose confidence.
Schedule down and win and gain confidence.

Confidence can go a long ways!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

tvc_fan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

i agree ,I dont have a problem with tough schedules but not to the point where you are going to go 500 or lower,kids get frustrated and like you said lose confidence when they get beat up all year

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

biggdowgg wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

i agree ,I dont have a problem with tough schedules but not to the point where you are going to go 500 or lower,kids get frustrated and like you said lose confidence when they get beat up all year
Yes, I think if you an hang with ALL the scheduled up teams then yes you can still gain confidence...but if you get bowed out by them, then that can be bad.

However 93 is knocking how VC is doing it, but VC beat Athens twice and looking at the #1 seed. So you really can't say it's the wrong way.

Me, I feel good late in the season as a Meigs Fan and being able to play tough against the #1 seeded team in the D2 Logan.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:
I believe the Green and Purple will be meeting next winter in the Purple Palace.

93Bulldog, try sending pfloyd some Pizza Crossing pie for tonight's game. May help with your lobbying. ;)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ha! Great idea b man!

In terms of tough schedule, watch what a 12-9 Africentric team does in the tourney.

;)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tvc-fan ... im just messin with my vc friends. I like their team, coach & fan base & will be rooting for them in march. No. 1 seed, even district championship are great. How will the vikes do vs Columbus South or DeSales remains to be seen. Logan & Miami Trace dont prepare you for that kind of size & speed.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Do any teams in the Southeast Scrimmage desailes? South? Or Dunbar to prepare them for this type of game? Oh wait I think one team from the Southe as does, and they get little to no credit for it.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

But hey they are just scrimmages!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bud07 wrote:But hey they are just scrimmages!
Fairfield Union isn't the only one who does, but since the majority of the posters on this site are from the SOC and TVC, the teams that do that don't get talked about as much. It's not a big deal, just keep winning and things take care of themselves.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”