Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 2/13

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 2/13

Post by pfloyd »

... Southern/SouthEast Ohio League Champions for 2010-11 ...

SOC I

Franklin Furnace Green/Symmes Valley

SOC II

Wheelersburg

TVC Ohio

Vinton County

TVC Hocking

Reedsville Eastern

OVC

Chesapeake

SHL

Peebles/Ripley

SVC

Piketon

SEOAL

Chillicothe

MVL

Sheridan
(at least a share clinched with John Glenn coming to town Monday night to settle the score share or outright?)

... Congratulations to all of these fine teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line on a great regular season, now it's time to see who makes the most noise in the "Survive and Advance" season ... best of luck to ALL teams in Southern/Southeastern Ohio going into their sectional play in the Week that IS ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 50
Vinton County 49

Jackson was 1-11 vs the SEOAL
Jackson was 3-0 vs the TVC Ohio

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Jackson quickly made the SEOAL look very good at the end of the season! Beating the TVC Ohio Champion and the 2nd place SVC team, while playing every other day for the past 2 weeks.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... have to say it - Portsmouth is the best team I have seen this year based on their performance tonight vs a very good Warren Warriors squad - WOW! 11 straight wins, finishing #2 alone in the SEOAL , dismantling Warren at the WarriorDome ... very close game , no more than 6 points either way through 3 quarters ... Warren battled even at 48 on the strength 2 three balls by Tyler Ward in the 3rd ... the Warriors went up 50-48 to start the 4th inside buckets by Venham and Cummingham ... with 6 minutes to play Coach Collins hit the nitrous oxide lever on his Trojans as PHS rained 3's down on Warren - Evans (1),Whitley(2) treys started a Portsmouth run that didn't stop until PHS had taken total control with a 21-2 run and pushed the Portsmouth lead to 69-50 ... game, set and match ... Portsmouth 75 Warren 58 a final ...

... Warren official "Unofficial" Napkin Stats...

Scoring ... Cunningham 14, Venham 13, Tyler Ward 11, Winland 6, Leffingwell 4, Hastie 2,Knost 2, French 3, Patton 3

3 Pointers ... 5/16 ... Ward 3, French 1, Patton 1

FTs ... 3/5 ...

TOs ... 8

... Portsmouth official "Unofficial Napkin Stats ...

Scoring ...McKinley 23, Evans 20, Bendolph 15, Whitley 8, Underwood 6, Jordan 3

3 Pointers ... 6/16 ... seemed like about 20 made threes during the that 21-2 run in the 4th LOL ... 3 dagger were enough ...

FTs ... 13/14 ... one of the best FT shooting teams I have seen this season, will pay dividends in the post season ...

TOs ... 12

... some pfloyd IMOs ...

... Warren is a very good team, Portsmouth on this night was an OUTSTANDING "TEAM" ... PHS has the potential to take it to the show in C'bus ... a "total" TEAM package: 1.) the best PG in Southern Ohio in Bendolph - the kid runs the show, gets the ball where it needs to be whether that is via the pass or off the dribble, may be the quickest pg with the ball I have seen AND he IS a scoring threat inside and behind the 3 point line ; 2.) great perimeter scorers in Bendolph, Evans, Whitley, AND the big man in the middle Dion McKinley ; 3.) size in the paint - not just size BUT athletic, strong rebounders AND scorers around the rim in Underwood and McKinley ... I would rate Dion McKinley THE BEST big man down low that I have seen in a long time, great hands and can get the ball to the rim ... 4.) TEAM speed on defense that can/does make life miserable for opposing perimeter players 5.) Portsmouth pushes the ball up court as fast or faster than any team I've seen ... PHS "penalizes" the opposition in transition AND even more so when the opposition scores - impressive ... could be a very special season for Coach Collins & Co. ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I want to apologize for even asking this question , and want to send my sympathies, condolences to the Paint Valley community, school community , and families involved for their loss of 3 youngsters in a car accident Friday ... always hard to fathom tragedies such as this - I am so sorry ...

... SVC faithful , is there information as to whether the Westfall vs Paint Valley game will be made up or will it be scratched ? ... thank you ...

... pfloyd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... all of the scores, wins and losses, that I have for the teams that were on the Pfloyd lists after the Week that Was have been updated/posted ... IF there are any corrections/additions to be made PLEASE let me know so the corrections can be made prior to the Committee of One - me - going into seclusion to come up with The FINAL listing of the Elite 8 in Southern/Southeastern Ohio for the 2010-2011 season ... WHO will reign as #1 on the Elite 8? will Portsmouth have impressed the committee of one enough to move them into the #1 spot? WHICH team(s) with losses in the Week that WAS will fall OUT of the Elite 8? are there any team(s) who will MOVE INTO the Elite 8?, finally where will your team end the regular season on the Elite 8? Treehugger Wannabe? or Teams on the End Table listings ??? ... the Elite 8 final listing comes out late Monday night AFTER the MVL championship game between Sheridan and John Glenn ... the pfloyd tour WILL BE at Sheridan for this one - look for the Elite 8 at 10:30 pm Monday night ONLY here on SEOPs ...

... Pfloyd Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio 2/13/11 ...

1. Chesapeake (19-1) W over River Valley 84-53, W over Coal Grove 80-28, W over Fairland 85-44

2. Portsmouth (16-4) W over Logan 66-54, W over Warren 75-58

3. Chillicothe (17-3) W over (9-10)Pickerington Central 69-47, W over Jackson 57-37

4. Peebles (19-1) W over North Adams 79-56, W over Lynchburg Clay 75-45

5. Warren (17-3) W over New Lexington 70-56, W over Gallia Academy 50-46, L to Portsmouth 58-75

6. Sheridan (17-2) W over Coshocton 58-46, W over Maysville 60-48

7. Logan Elm (14-6) L to Fairfield Union 37-45, L to Canal Winchester 38-43

8. Piketon (18-2)W over Paint Valley 69-52 , W over Zane Trace 46-37

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

Manchester (15-5) L to Ripley 54-68 , L to Fairfield
Reedsville Eastern (17-2) W over Trimble 62-51, W over Southern 61-48
Vinton County (16-4) W over Logan 67-54, W over Wellston 76-42, L to Jackson 49-50
Unioto (13-7) L to Jackson 55-58, W over Adena 65-37
South Webster (15-4)L to Oak Hill 37-44, W over Lucasville Valley 62-61
Marietta (14-6) W over Federal Hocking 52-34
Miami Trace (15-3) W over East Clinton 70-67
Ironton (12-7) L to (20-3) Huntington Prep 40-76
Hillsboro (13-7) W over Leesburg Fairfield 62-55, W over London 48-37
Huntington (13-7) W over Southeastern 58-35
Wheelersburg (15-5) W over Oak Hill 50-36
Oak Hill (14-6) W over South Webster 44-37, L to Wheelersburg 36-50
Washington Courthouse (14-6)... W over Madison Plains,W over Adena, W over Greenfield McClain 47-43
Fairfield Union (10-10) BIG"program builder" W over Logan Elm 45-37, L to Teays Valley 48-52
Fairland (13-7) W over Rock Hill 58-34, L to Chesapeake 44-85
Symmes Valley (17-3) W over Western 88-33, W over Eastern Pike
Eastern Brown (10-8) W over Fairfield 56-54
WhiteOak (9-11) W over Felicity 65-54, W over West Union 58-38
South Point (11-8) W over Coal Grove 59-42
Lucasville Valley (10-10) W over Portsmouth West, L to South Webster 61-62
Southeastern (9-11) L to Huntington 35-58, L to Greenfield McClain 46-66
Paint Valley (10-9) L to Piketon 52-69
Greenfield McClain (9-11) L to Washington CH 43-47, W over Southeastern 66-46
Meigs (10-10) W over Nelsonville York 59-50
Southern (10-9) W over Miller 60-36, L to Reedsville Eastern 48-61
Trimble (12-8) L to Reedsville Eastern 51-62, W over Federal Hocking 53-43
Fairfield Leesburg (9-11)L to Hillsboro , L to Eastern Brown 54-56, W over Manchester
Wahama (14-7) W over Belpre 93-78, W over Buffalo 78-54
Waverly (8-11) W over Northwest 62-51
Wellston (10-10)L to Athens 49-58, L to Vinton County 42-76
Circleville (4-16) W over Amanda 68-49, L to Bloom Carroll 61-84
Waterford (11-9) L to So Gallia 50-57, L to Belpre 50-55, W over Frontier 52-42
Alexander (9-10) W over Nelsonville York in OT 63-56, W over Athens 38-30
Minford (7-13) L to Portsmouth West 58-67
Franklin Furnace Green (14-5) W over Rock Hill 59-50, W over Eastern Pike 72-62
Portsmouth Clay (12-8) W over Portsmouth Notre Dame 58-57
Northwest (8-11) W over Eastern Pike 76-65, L to Waverly 51-62
North Adams (5-13) L to Peebles
Eastern Pike (10-9) L to Northwest 65-76, L to Franklin Furnace Green 62-72, L to Symmes Valley
River Valley (8-12) L to Chesapeake, L to Gallia Academy 49-56
Athens (8-12) W over Wesllston 58-49. L to Alexander 30-38
South Gallia (10-10) W over Waterford 57-50, W over Miller 62-50

... Teams on the End Table ...

Belpre (7-13) L to Wahama 78-93, W over Waterford 55-50
Gallia Academy (7-13) L to Warren 46-50, W over River Valley 56-49
Westfall (7-11)
New Lexington (8-12) L to Warren, W over Philo 40-34
Ironton St. Joe (12-7) W over Portsmouth East 55-45, W over Raceland,Ky 59-45
Logan (5-15) L to Vinton Co., W over Jackson, L to Portsmouth 54-66
Nelsonville York (5-15) L to Alexander in OT, L to Meigs 50-59
Portsmouth Notre Dame (8-12) L to Portsmouth Clay 57-58
Jackson W over Unioto, L to Chillicothe, W over Vinton County 50-49

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

C,mon,,were not number 1???????

LOL,,just kidding ...the list looks good to me ,as it has all year long.....good job,and thanks for all the work you do.....of course it all cant be work...sitting and watching most of these games has to be the easy part of all of it :mrgreen: 8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... biggdowgg ... you realize that what I just posted is NOT the "final" listing right? - the "Final Cut" (aka from Pink Floyd) won't come out until Monday night ... sitting in the stands, watching these kids/coaches do what they love to do, while entertaining the likes of us folks in the Cheap Seats is NEVER work ... hope I can continue doing this for a LONG time to come that's for sure ...

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

biggdowgg wrote:C,mon,,were not number 1???????

LOL,,just kidding ...the list looks good to me ,as it has all year long.....good job,and thanks for all the work you do.....of course it all cant be work...sitting and watching most of these games has to be the easy part of all of it :mrgreen: 8)

Lol, biggdowgg.....the final list comes out tomorrow!!!! Ever since the Ironton game, you aint been seeing right. Bahahahaha, nevertheless, I'd rather finish atop the tourney pool with a state championship, than atop of Pfloyd's prestegious list. Glad I got to get a glimpse of the purple hippo wonder, as TrojanDave pointed him out to us at the Warren game. You're like bigfoot around these parts...It's hard to believe somebody's out there as passionate out there as pfloyd and many of the other seo prep posters. But I can confirm...... He does exist, lol.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd- Nothing has been announced yet. They said that they were going to wait until today to even discuss it, but I will keep you informed on it. Westfall plays on Tuesday in the tournament and they have had teams finish the league season after eliminations in the tournament before(in the SVC) so we'll see what they do. I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it up.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks daniC ... as I posted I feel horrible to have even brought it up with a basketball game being very trivial in comparison to what the Paint Valley community is going through ...

- pfloyd

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

two long trips in 2 days, finish the season off on a really high note...and reading a lot of "post" on here ...I get a lil confused...yeah,

jgordon0315 its been all down hill for me since the Ironton game :oops: ....but it has been fun...esp. seeing the response from the doubters when the season first started and we took the first game loss to South Webster,,who proved to be a very good team

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it's official the committee of one- me - went into seclusion for about an hour and a half this afternoon working on the Elite 8 Final Edition ... word has it that "things" were falling into place rather smoothly for the committee with a "draft" final edition on the table (of course the door to the committee room IS locked so there will be no WikiLeak "leaks") ...

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Peake has been steady all year crushing opponents unmercifully.
Chillicothe has been a powerhouse throughout.
Warren has always been in the conversation.
But imo the best team now with all those weapons,are the Portsmouth Trojans.
Pretty good aren't they Pfloyd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... independent2012 , based on the Portsmouth TEAM performance at Warren, Coach Colins has the PHS boyz peaking at the right time- they have all of the components of TEAM that will allow them to go deep into the "Survive and Advance" season for sure ... Defense to start with, team speed/quicks, a PG in Bendolph who does everything you want your PG to do - handle the ball, distribute the ball, get to the rim putting pressure on the opponents defense then dish for the dime or if the defense plays off to stop his penetration he can/does knockdown the perimeter jumper, 3 point scorers in Bendolph, Evans, Whitley, McKinley; athletic Bigs, Underwood/McKinley/Jordan, who are strong on the board, clog the paint of D, bigs who run the floor in transition and play solid defense while staying on the floor(out of foul trouble); often overlooked is FT shooting BUT in the Survive and Advance season FTs are/can be the difference in advancing or going home (PHS was 13/14 vs Warren from the line) ... I was more than impressed with the Portsmouth TEAM , the only other TEAM that gave me this feeling was Zanesville (vs Piketon) BUT Zanesville doesn't have the BIGS that Portsmouth has imo ...

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

The SHL is Peebles and Ripley.
Last edited by jchitwood on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...jchitwood ...wasn't trying to slight the Ripley team was thinking in terms of those teams that I include as being in Southern/Southeastern Ohio to rank each week ... I corrected it on the original post on pg 3 ... thanks for setting me straight ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

pfloyd wrote:...jchitwood ...wasn't trying to slight the Ripley team was thinking in terms of those teams that I include as in Southern/Southeastern Ohio to rank each week ... I corrected it on the original post on pg 3 ... thanks for setting me straight ...

No worries, thanks for compiling pfloyd!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... as much as I enjoy the regular season for High School basketball I REALLY enjoy basketball in the "Survive and Advance" post season ... lots of Sectional games to see which is everyone start down the Road to the Convo and Basketball Thirty with Lou "the legend" Horvath ... pfloyd will be traveling to Sheridan to see the MVL championship game with Sheridan entertaining John Glenn Monday night , add to that 6 more games here in Logan for the D2 Sectional - my kind of week !!!! LOL ... Best of luck to all teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... get out and support the teams, coaches and most of all the players that make the winters in Southern Ohio tolerable every year ... be safe everyone - look forward to running into familiar faces from all around Southern /Southeastern Ohio in the next 3 to 4 weeks sectional play through the 3 Weeks of the Convo (district and regional action) ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... any chance of painting over all the PURPLE in the new gymnasium before tomorrows game between Athens & New Lex?

Seriously man, I don't think I can handle two hours inside a PURPLE gym ... Perhaps I can just pick up some Pepto Bismal or something on the way I guess.

I havn't been to the new Gymnasium yet ... any 'shrines' devoted to the legendary Pfloyd? Any purple Hippo statues? Perhaps a plaque with one of your famous Elite 8 inscriptions??? Let me know so I know where to look tomorow night ... lol

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”