2016 Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason with Top 8 Previews ...

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason with Top 8 Previews ...

Post by danicalifornia »

minford17 wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... the 1st Full week of action ...

Dec. 5 (Monday) ... NY vs Federal Hocking
Dec. 6 (Tuesday) ... Warren @ Meigs
Dec. 7 (Wednesday) ... Logan @ Licking Heights
Dec. 9 (Friday) ........ Portsmouth Clay @ Eastern Pike
Dec. 10 (Saturday) .... ?????

Buckeye Elite Classic at Portsmouth High School on Dec. 10th

Last 3 games of the night
? Vs Huntington Prep
Portsmouth vs Waterford
Sciotoville vs Minford
See, that would be better than the game I said lol makes the choice easier.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason with Top 8 Previews ...

Post by pfloyd »

Minford17 ... daniC some great choices ! I can drive to Beaver to see the Eastern Pike vs the Clay Panthers Friday night, continue on to P'town & stay with my Mom catch the games at PHS Saturday evening or see who else is playing throughout the day /camp out at PHS all day Saturday ... I like the plan ! thanks guys !

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

pfloyd wrote:Minford17 ... daniC some great choices ! I can drive to Beaver to see the Eastern Pike vs the Clay Panthers Friday night, continue on to P'town & stay with my Mom catch the games at PHS Saturday evening or see who else is playing throughout the day /camp out at PHS all day Saturday ... I like the plan ! thanks guys !

Will look forward to seeing you there. Hope our Falcons can surprise some people this year.

Go2thebasket
Waterboy

Post by Go2thebasket »

Portsmouth Clay scrimmaged Lynchburg Clay and Adena yesterday. I didn't see the P Clay vs L Clay but was told P Clay won by 20 pts. This was surprising especially when I was told P Clay is down 2 starters to broken bones. Their center Williams has a broken jaw but should be back within next couple weeks but their only 3 year returning starter Nate Hinze cracked his elbow on a hard landing at a scrim game at West on Monday. He will be out for at least 6 weeks. Apparently Gilliland and King really have stepped it up. Adena beat LC by 3. Adena's left handed PG was tough and was the difference of what I saw if that game. P Clay beat by 30 in the night cap. Clay was hitting their outside shots and dictated tempo. Gilliland and King for Clayd did the heavy lifting as I don't think either missed a 3 but a couple other boys for them stepped up as well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Go2thebasket wrote:Portsmouth Clay scrimmaged Lynchburg Clay and Adena yesterday. I didn't see the P Clay vs L Clay but was told P Clay won by 20 pts. This was surprising especially when I was told P Clay is down 2 starters to broken bones. Their center Williams has a broken jaw but should be back within next couple weeks but their only 3 year returning starter Nate Hinze cracked his elbow on a hard landing at a scrim game at West on Monday. He will be out for at least 6 weeks. Apparently Gilliland and King really have stepped it up. Adena beat LC by 3. Adena's left handed PG was tough and was the difference of what I saw if that game. P Clay beat by 30 in the night cap. Clay was hitting their outside shots and dictated tempo. Gilliland and King for Clayd did the heavy lifting as I don't think either missed a 3 but a couple other boys for them stepped up as well.

... thanks for the rundown Go2thebasket ... Clay WILL BE/SHOULD BE good again this season as they return everyone ... I hate to hear about ANY players being out injured ... I read on another post that Athens has a couple of key players out with broken bones and/or surgeries ... Lynchburg Clay not jelling yet ... Giordano not making his presence felt yet ? Adena has a new coach, new system this season I will get a look at them at the ZT Tip Off the first weekend in December ...

Go2thebasket
Waterboy

Post by Go2thebasket »

Left out a key word 'Adena' in previous post. Clay beat Adena by 30.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

I believe Ironton will be better than 27th by years end

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Paulcrew wrote:I believe Ironton will be better than 27th by years end

I agree, especially if one of their transfers end up becoming eligible.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ty Webb wrote:VC hosted Logan Elm tonight. Obviously two very solid programs in the SE District that might meet again come tourney time. Scoring for the six quarters played as follows:
25 to 13 VC, 22 to 21VC, 20 to 11VC, 22 to 11VC, 10 to 10, and 28 to 18VC.

LE seemed unexperienced and lacked much of a scoring punch, nonetheless played their typical hard-nosed Stiverson defense and were fundamentally solid. They’ll get better as the season progresses.

Coach Combs and the Vikings have a very solid starting guard trio in Tristan Bartoe, Derick Jones, and Naylan Yates. Even though it’s early, these three haven’t seemed to miss a beat in the off season. VC’s unknown right now will hinge on post play. Bo McIntire is done and won’t be back for his senior year following a 2nd ACL surgery in the past nine months. 6’8” Junior Bryce Damron is a work in progress but will bear the load for the Vikes down low.
Logan Elm lost four of its five starters to graduation off of last year's team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:VC hosted Logan Elm tonight. Obviously two very solid programs in the SE District that might meet again come tourney time. Scoring for the six quarters played as follows:
25 to 13 VC, 22 to 21VC, 20 to 11VC, 22 to 11VC, 10 to 10, and 28 to 18VC.

LE seemed unexperienced and lacked much of a scoring punch, nonetheless played their typical hard-nosed Stiverson defense and were fundamentally solid. They’ll get better as the season progresses.

Coach Combs and the Vikings have a very solid starting guard trio in Tristan Bartoe, Derick Jones, and Naylan Yates. Even though it’s early, these three haven’t seemed to miss a beat in the off season. VC’s unknown right now will hinge on post play. Bo McIntire is done and won’t be back for his senior year following a 2nd ACL surgery in the past nine months. 6’8” Junior Bryce Damron is a work in progress but will bear the load for the Vikes down low.
Logan Elm lost four of its five starters to graduation off of last year's team.
127 points in 6 quarters is insane, both for the offense and the defense. That doesn't sound good for LE. Excited to see VC tomorrow night.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

What time is the unioto game tonight Danic

OrangeandBlue10
Waterboy

Post by OrangeandBlue10 »

Freshmen start at 5:00 PM

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Looking forward to Dec 10, Portsmouth-Waterford to open the 16-17 season, Go Trojans

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Paulcrew wrote:I believe Ironton will be better than 27th by years end

I agree, especially if one of their transfers end up becoming eligible.
Only know of one transfer.

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

Unioto was down close to 30 at home to Vinton County in their foundation game before I left. Pretty tough night for just about everybody Unioto put on the court. Not really sure why they left the system that got them 55 straight wins, but something needs to go back. At this point, it's nothing but the wrong style wasting talent at all 5 positions. Sadly, it's not Hoops who made the switch, it appears.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

winningaintcheap wrote:Unioto was down close to 30 at home to Vinton County in their foundation game before I left. Pretty tough night for just about everybody Unioto put on the court. Not really sure why they left the system that got them 55 straight wins, but something needs to go back. At this point, it's nothing but the wrong style wasting talent at all 5 positions. Sadly, it's not Hoops who made the switch, it appears.

Ruh Roh

Watching SE Ohio basketball
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

went to oak hill gallia academy foundation game. Think it was 49-37 for the Oaks....
Found out very little besides those Oak hill boys can really shoot. blue devils turned ball over on first 5 possessions. oak hill scored on first 5 possessions score was 13-0 before blue devils got a shot off. Blue devils played street ball. I think they only ran one set play all night... A lot of work to do for my blue devils

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Waterford scrimmages Friday at bishop rosecrans

Spectator555
Waterboy

Post by Spectator555 »

Any players stick out during the previews at South Webster so far? I know a few games are left to be played. The point guard for Oak Hill seemed to be much improved from last year

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I spent the afternoon at the TVC Preview put on my the Shriners of Athens County ... a good show, run on time ... saw 12 of the TVC teams minus Meigs & Reedsville Eastern - as they didn't play for some reason ...

Alexander 35
Belpre 11

... the Spartans lost a lot from last years squad BUT they have a nice returning group led on the perimeter by their 2 junior guards Michael Norris and Luke Kish ... good SEOhio size with Chace Harris (6-3) & Jacob Coley (6-4) ... Athens transfer Genesis Williams (6-7) got a little time off the bench ... I liked what I saw out of Alexander ...

Nelsonville 30
Southern 30

... both teams have athletes - Nelsonville led by Hunter Edwards ... Southern played lots of lineups, not sure if we saw the starters on the floor at the same time for either team ... Southern showed a good perimeter ball club with Tylar Blevins, Blake Johnson (3 treys) ...

Athens 46
Federal Hocking 10

Athens had too many pieces - a legitimate 10 deep team with 3 others injured with 2 players in the walking wounded as well ... Athens has good size, athleticism , the arguably best PG in SEOhio in Griffin Lutz, scorers from behind the 3 point line - Cozart ... good/athletic size in the paint - Dickleman, Hynes, a whole bunch of 6-2/6-3 players Treyce Albin 6-2, Eli Chubb 6-3,Nick Lutz 6-2, Brody Ball 6-2 ... good wing spans on everyone ... Dickleman is active in the paint at both ends ... the Athens vs Vinton County on the 13th of Dec will be a dandy ...

River Valley 25
Miller 39

River Valley has the best all around big in the TVC in Jacob Dovenbarger 6-6 ... Miller was the better all around TEAM in the this one - no numbers with players in the program can't give you names etc., RV was the same way no numbers provided ... Miller had some good perimeter shooting, pushed the ball on every opportunity ... they showed me more than I was expecting to see ...

Wellston 23
South Gallia 17

... was talking to Coach Maddox of Warren the whole game - I got nothing for you on this one ...

Vinton County vs Trimble ... VC was up when I left with 3 min to play ... both teams were mixing everyone in the 2nd qtr of play ... Trimble will be a very solid TEAM this season led by Randy Hixson and Tyler Slack ... all Howie teams play solid D ... hit the boards hard, push the ball ... the Tomcats are size challenged with only 2 players AT 6-0 , everyone else is at 5-8 to 5-10 ... Vinton Co is a like a machine - solid play at every position starting with Tristan Bartoe, Naylan Yates, Derick Jones, Jake Speakman, Antonio Mendes, 6-8 Bryce Damron, Cameron Hammon ... let's just say that VC can go into their bench and come up with athletes/players who can/will contribute on the floor ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”