Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Preseason

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Preseason

Post by pfloyd »

OKAY!!! ... so it's the "Final Regular Season Edition" of Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio from LAST SEASON ... I thought I would post it to get us started on the discussion of THIS SEASON'S top teams in Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... with Friday, November 4th , being the first "official" date for practice/tryouts to kickoff the 2011-12 campaign I felt it appropriate to see where teams finished up the regular season before I put out the PRESEASON Edition of the Elite 8 ... It will be interesting to see WHERE teams will start out the new season- Will Portsmouth hold down the top spot? or will the loss of PG Andrew Bendolph be a question mark that the Committee of ONE - me - just can't get erased from the equation ... or will Chesapeake and Mr. McMaster remain where they finished the regular season 2010-11 at #1 on the Elite list ... or could a Sheridan & Jacob Horsley out of the MVL START the season in the top 8 ... where does Warren without Cunningham/Venham fit in? Waverly? Ironton? Logan Elm?upstart Fairfield Union? Wheelersburg? Valley? questions that will be on the Committee's mind this weekend as it goes into seclusion to study last years napkin stats, this years anticipated returning players and possible lineups ... I don't know about the rest of the "Cheap Seat" hoops fans BUT I'm smiling just THINKING about the start of the 2011-12 season LOL ...

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio 2/13/11 ...

1. Chesapeake (19-1)

2. Portsmouth (16-4)

3. Chillicothe (17-3)

4. Peebles (19-1)

5. Sheridan (17-3)

6. Warren (17-3)

7. Piketon (18-2)

8. Reedsville Eastern (17-2)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

Miami Trace (15-3)
Logan Elm (14-6)
Marietta (14-6)
Vinton County (16-4)
South Webster (15-4)
Hillsboro (13-7)
Huntington (13-7)
Washington Courthouse (14-6)
Manchester (15-5)
Ironton (12-7)
Wheelersburg (15-5)
Unioto (13-7)
Fairfield Union (10-10)
Greenfield McClain (9-11)
Eastern Brown (10-8)
WhiteOak (9-11)
Oak Hill (14-6)
Symmes Valley (17-3)
Fairland (13-7)
South Point (11-8)
Lucasville Valley (10-10)
Waverly (8-11)
Wahama (14-7)
Southeastern (9-11)
Paint Valley (10-9)
Meigs (10-10)
Alexander (9-10)
Gallia Academy (7-13)
Jackson (5-15)
Southern (10-9)
Trimble (12-8)
Fairfield Leesburg (9-11)
Franklin Furnace Green (14-5)
Athens (8-12)
Wellston (10-10)
South Gallia (10-10)
Circleville (4-16)
Ironton St. Joe (12-7)
Portsmouth Clay (12-8)
Northwest (8-11)
North Adams (5-13)
Waterford (11-9)
Minford (7-13)
Eastern Pike (10-9)
River Valley (8-12)

... Teams on the End Table ...

Logan (5-15)
Belpre (7-13)
Westfall (7-11)
New Lexington (8-12)
Nelsonville York (5-15)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (8-12)
Portsmouth West

jgordon0315
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Preseason

Post by jgordon0315 »

In my eyes the top 3 are Portsmouth, Ironton and Chesapeake!! The field seems a little down to me outside of those 3

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wow ... Its nice to see Floyd on his game already ... Should make for an even better season having the 'hoops mastermind' around from day 1.

Thanks Floyd - Can't wait to see your real pre-season Elite 8 ... Just drop Athens in the ten spot or something (we'll work our way up as the season progresses ... lol)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sent you a big old SVC message pfloyd. Hopefully it will give you a bit of an extremely early preview.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Thanks for the preseason information on the SVC DaniC - greatly appreciated as always... you take care of business in that "foreign country" of TN ;-) ... I'm hoping I can be the one who is able to give YOU the updates on the hoops this Winter ... take care of yourself my friend ... I'll get the Pre-Season Elite 8 list out soon for you to critique ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the first question for the "Cheap Seat Regulars" Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line this season ... The Marietta Tigers of Coach Secrest are no longer in the SEOAL (although rumors <cough cough>word of mouth has it that Marietta AND Athens may be trying to get back into the SEOAL) ... Does the "committee of one - me" count MHS in the Weekly Elite 8, TreeHuggerWannabe, End Table teams lists????????? ... I haven't seen the Tigers Hoops schedule for this upcoming season - I HAVE seen the SEOAL team menu's - the ONLY SEOAL team that Marietta will be playing is Warren (home/away) all other games will apparently be up Rt.77 or across the river vs some of the Parkersburg area "foreign" teams ... looking for some input from the CSRs - what do you think??? count them in or out ??? ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No league affiliation ... No Convo invite to the districts ... No Elite 8!!!

'You know my stance Floyd.'

- And yes, that includes Morgan ... :mrgreen:

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Don't see them as an Elite 8

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Grinder ... the question was whether to include Marietta for consideration on the weekly list due to MHS leaving the SEOAL (as 93dog pointed "no league affiliation") ... the committee of one - me - tends to agree with 93dog on this one (don't get used to that 'dog LOL) ... going to have to exclude the Tigers for consideration in the weekly rankings ... anymore arguments for or against???

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Will the tigers be playing in the southeast district during post season play? Does that even go into your equation? If not, then marietta should probably be excluded. Although this guy from Marietta enjoys the rankings and seeing how you rank them compared to others.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IMO they must be must be a participant in the SE District come tourney time (unless they are D1....)

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

WOW I can't believe you don't have Ironton on there. Do you really believe they won't be there in the end? Funny

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:IMO they must be must be a participant in the SE District come tourney time (unless they are D1....)
HA! There ya go Floyd ... Ive had that policy for years I92 ... Now, we just have to convince our old purple pal that its the way to go.

BTW ... Floyd, Marietta plays Athens twice this year (home & away).

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Marietta is still a member of the southeast district.
Will play in same sectional. ECOL very tuff with zanesville, Dover,
Rosecrans, etc.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Its your list my friend, so do as you wish...how is that for being non-commital

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...86Tiger ... the list that is post is the Final Regular Season Rankings from the 2010-11 season ... I haven't posted a Preseason Ranking as yet ... Ironton will be "somewhere" on the list LOL ... be patient ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... Here is an Athens schedule ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Athens.html

I also have the Wellston, Southern and Alexander schedules up on their team pages ... I should have all 15 schools (TVC) done by the end of the week if you need them.

BTW ... Any chance putting the Eastern girls somewhere in the top 8? lol ... Hey, they just made the final 4 in volleyball - will be playing in the state semi-finals Friday ... I look for them to do the same in basketball ... So come on Floyd - your always leaving the gals out in the cold??? What gives??? How about a 'GIRLS ELITE 8 IN SOUTHEASTERN OHIO?'

:mrgreen:

Just to let you know how far I have come Floyd over the years ... Friday night I sat shoulder-to-shoulder with a fella sporting a bright purple Logan sweatshirt!!! And I only punched him twice and threw up once ... lol ... The biggest football game in decades at Athens and I share the experience with my old pals Locos and 2old ... And folks said Athens moving to the TVC was a bad thing - that would have never happened if the 'Dogs and Chieftains still shared the same league affiliation & remained rivals.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

This is a list that revolves around SE District basketball, thus all SE District teams should be included. Now if Marietta were to ever leave for the East District, then you could drop them.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Marietta will be playing in the Logan DII Sectional, Athens Div II District play ... Coach Secrest and his MHS Tigers will be included in the weekly rankings again this season (93Bulldog what's the scoop on Athens and Marietta BOTH looking into returning to the SEOAL?) ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93Dog!!! YOU Locos AND 2OLD were occupying the same cheap seat location at the same time???? that's like matter vs antimatter AND the world as we know it (in this case the HS Football world) did not come crashing down ... hmmph who'd a "thunk" THAT would ever happen LMAO !!! ...

... I've seen Locos off and on BUT the illusive 2old I haven't seen in a almost a year ... sounds like it would have been a good time -maybe not so much for the other sports fans sitting anywhere close to you guys LOL ...

... pfloyd goes back to the James in C'bus on Thursday for a 1 year PET scan to see if any cancer has returned - my fingers/toes are crossed that the test returns positive results so I can get on with life as I KNOW IT this Winter and that IS sitting in the Cheap Seats in Southern/Southeast Ohio gymnasiums keeping up with High School Hoops ...

... thanks for the Athens game menu and your TVC website was a great way for me to keep track of what was taking place down Rt.33 last Winter ... I have your site bookmarked ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”