Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - PreSeason Rankings are Posted !!! 8/6/16

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
brown22
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - PreSeason

Post by brown22 »

trojandave wrote:If the Trojans can somehow make up for the HUGE loss of Kyre Allison, then I think they could have a very good season.......but filling that hole in the lineup is much easier said than done. There is some talent coming back, but collectively they will have to step up their game. Senior Kendal Reynolds is only about 70 points from joining the 1,000 point mark at PHS. When he does pass that mark, he will be the 4th player in Coach Eugene Collins' 8 years to reach that coveted milestone. Wayne Evans, Dion McKinley, and Kyre Allison have already joined that exclusive club.

Fairland deserves to be the preseason Pfloyd #1 team, and also should be tabbed as the prohibitive favorite in the OVC. They went 14-0 last year in conference play, and it will be interesting to see if they can repeat that mark in 2016-2017. They certainly will get Portsmouth's best effort along with everyone else.
Well if my info is right and it usually is the Trojans are getting a good jump on replacing that scoring with Akia Brown coming to play for Trojans. This is a great move for Akia great ball player and playing in a bigger division and with the Trojans means more exposure.

GO EAGLES
minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Just heard that your information is incorrect. Also saw him play for East at Clay league last night.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

minford17 wrote:Just heard that your information is incorrect. Also saw him play for East at Clay league last night.
I've heard that too. We was at our Jackson league when I first heard he was leaving east. If it does happen still be great move.

GO EAGLES
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Falcon01 wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:FU's biggest loss is PG. Green was so solid.. BUT good news for FU, is they are getting a transfer PG, who will be a huge addition for them.
That transfer I believe is from FCA, he was the backup PG as a freshman there last year for a team who made a tourny run. They are getting a great player, knows how to run the court.

you are correct! He's a solid player and is a up and down player which is perfect for FU.
Which kid is it?

DeepSouth
Waterboy

Post by DeepSouth »

If he is playing summer ball with another team, means he hasnt registered with the other school, unfortunately he now cannot move without sitting out during the season :( .

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

brown22 wrote:
minford17 wrote:Just heard that your information is incorrect. Also saw him play for East at Clay league last night.
I've heard that too. We was at our Jackson league when I first heard he was leaving east. If it does happen still be great move.
Heard from source that Akia is staying, and an SOC2 player who has yet to play summer ball will be transferring to East.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

minford17 wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Heard from source that Akia is staying, and an SOC2 player who has yet to play summer ball will be transferring to East.
Good deal glad somebody could verify that cause I heard it a lot. That's what I love about this site if u need to know u can find out. I've heard of other kids on the move just forget who right now.

GO EAGLES
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Great day at Unioto today. Lots of good basketball was played and a lot of good teams were represented.

The teams:
Unioto
Vinton County
Lynchburg Clay
Portsmouth
Dayton Northridge
Dayton Dunbar
Columbus South
Columbus St. Francis Desales

Really good to see some of the top teams in the SE match up against some very talented schools from other regions.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

danicalifornia wrote:Great day at Unioto today. Lots of good basketball was played and a lot of good teams were represented.

The teams:
Unioto
Vinton County
Lynchburg Clay
Portsmouth
Dayton Northridge
Dayton Dunbar
Columbus South

Really good to see some of the top teams in the SE match up against some very talented schools from other regions.

Some great talent indeed , while my Trojans won only 1 game I though we came away with a lot of positives , we lost two games by only 1 point , all of the teams that was there was a lot bigger then us and other then fairland we won't face this kind of compition all year , we was down 2 starters and 2 others that are next off the bench so we played with only 7 players all day with very little rest. I'm pretty excited about watching this team play ,we have 2 maybe 3 kids that have really stepped up and will make a big difference.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Biggdowgg and I enjoyed watching our scrappy Trojans yesterday.......and it was good to see our kids playing some really good competition which can only make them better.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

trojandave wrote:Biggdowgg and I enjoyed watching our scrappy Trojans yesterday.......and it was good to see our kids playing some really good competition which can only make them better.
There was nothing wrong with struggling to win against those teams yesterday. Dunbar and DeSales each had multiple D1 players. I actually saw both Unioto and Vinton take down Dunbar.

I thought the Trojans represented themselves well, played really hard and competed the whole day. Once they get everyone together and gel, I could see it being another successful year for the Trojans. Obviously, Fairland will be a bear, but I could see Coach Collins back on the Convo floor come March.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

danicalifornia wrote:Great day at Unioto today. Lots of good basketball was played and a lot of good teams were represented.

The teams:
Unioto
Vinton County
Lynchburg Clay
Portsmouth
Dayton Northridge
Dayton Dunbar
Columbus South

That 6'8 kid was tough at the convo for Desales

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

good news Dani, I know Coach Collins will have them playing hard, hope they can get to the boards and defend

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

[quote="danicalifornia"][/quote]

Dani, Who is the kid from Unioto who moved into the FU school district?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

coach Barrick and the Eagles played in their first shootout at Bluffton University and played really well they went 8-2. Heard we have a lot to be excited about Martin played great along with Evan leist. Tomilson and Gray will help us out a lot this being a deeper team and are good players.

GO EAGLES
Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

brown22 wrote:

When you go to Portsmouth East ,best believe you better keep up on your own academics and where you stand ESP. If you think you may want to transfer out later on .

mufan709
Waterboy

Post by mufan709 »

Fairland won three games at Marshall yesterday by 30 in each one..dont think south point will be anywhere near these boys come nov

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Falcon01 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:
I didn't know that there was one. It wouldn't be one of main returners from last year, but I'll do some research and get back to you.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:
I didn't know that there was one. It wouldn't be one of main returners from last year, but I'll do some research and get back to you.
Believe I figured it out.. doesn't sound like he was even on varsity. Last name Conley. His dad actually works right by FU, so it makes sense they finally moved up this way. I used to work with his dad.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Shermans have a fun week this week

Tuesday - at John Glenn (with Logan Elm also)
Wednesday - vs Vinton County, Fairland, and a school from Tampa

I believe they also have a shootout this week too.

Seeing VC, Fairland, Lynchburg, LE, Portsmouth, Peebles, Eastern Brown...John Glenn, Dunbar, Northridge, Cbus South, Central Crossing, Desales, amongst others is a pretty loaded summer schedule.

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”