Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by pfloyd »

... I suppose Mother Nature HAS TO show the rest of us that when it comes down to "control" SHE has total control over whether games will be played or not played ... the Friday evening "threat" of snow/ice/freezing rain cancelled/postponed the majority of the games Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line Friday as well as a large chunk of the Saturday menu as well ... looks like the Week that IS will be clear of any Mother Nature interference though ... all regularly scheduled games PLUS any "make up" contests WILL get in the books this week ... IF my napkin stats are correct there were 11 teams which DID NOT play a single game this past week - Southeastern was on a roll entering the Week that IS - having knocked off 2 of the Elite 8 last week ... Unioto was primed to take on Southeastern Saturday night to make a case for getting back into the Elite 8 ... New week , key match-ups all over Southern/Southeastern Ohio as we wind down toward the Sectional Drawing dates ... Let's see how the Elite 8 stacked up after this past week of action :

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8 ...

1. Chesapeake (12-1)

2. Warren (10-1) / Portsmouth (13-2)

3. Ironton (11-3)

4. Lucasville Valley (11-2)

5. Chillicothe (9-4)

6. Fairland (11-3)

7. Logan Elm (9-3)

8. Hillsboro (9-3) / Waverly (10-3)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

(8-3) Southeastern Ross
(10-3) Huntington Ross
(7-4) Eastern Brown
(9-2) Peebles
(8-3) Unioto
(9-3) Circleville
(10-1) Southern
(7-5) Fairfield Union
(8-4) Manchester
(9-3) Minford
(8-3) Belpre
(9-4) Oak Hill
(8-5) Piketon
(7-5) Vinton County
(7-6) Marietta
(7-4) Sheridan
(7-4) South Gallia
(6-6) South Webster
(6-5) Lynchburg Clay
(10-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame
(6-3) Wellston
(5-7) Jackson
(7-6) Fairfield Leesburg
(5-8) Whiteoak
(6-5) North Adams
(8-3) Eastern Pike
(5-8) Greenfield McClain
(5-6) Miami Trace
(4-6) Zane Trace
(3-8) Logan
(7-5) Nelsonville
(5-7) Athens
(5-6) Federal Hocking
(10-4) Coal Grove
(6-6) South Point
(6-6) Washington CH
(5-6) New Lexington
(5-7) Symmes Valley
(7-3) New Boston
(4-5) Waterford
(5-6) Wahama
(7-6) St. Joseph
(3-9) Paint Valley
(5-8) Rock Hill
(3-7) Miller
(4-7) Crooksville
(4-5) Reedsville Eastern
(3-9) Portsmouth West
(2-9) Wheelersburg
(3-8) Alexander
(3-10) Westfall
(2-10) River Valley
(3-10) Gallia Academy

... Teams on the End Table ...

(1-6) Portsmouth East
(2-10) Western Pike
(2-9) Franklin Furnace Green
(1-11) Trimble
(1-11) Northwest
(0-12) West Union
(1-11) Portsmouth Clay
(0-12) Meigs
(0-10) Adena

As ALWAYS check the records - especially when Mother Nature plays havoc with the scheduled games - let me know what is incorrect , IF at all possible give me the games played, won or lost, with scores of those games I have missed ... I'm not comfortable with St. Joseph's record or Rock Hill's BUT it's what I have - let me know on those 2 teams in particular - thanks ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 am, edited 6 times in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by danicalifornia »

Paint Valley is 3-9(def. Western 57-42 last weekend)

Adena @ Zane Trace on Monday evening, Hillsboro @ Washington CH on Tuesday, Unioto @ Zane Trace on Friday, and Southeastern @ Piketon on Saturday is my schedule for the week. Hopefully, someone randomly plays on either Wednesday or Thursday as well.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... I'm going to use my 'Moderator' tools - go into your original post - and change the name to "PFLOYD's TOP 10" myself!!!

Good list though man ... Would have liked to seen the (10-1) Tornadoes at least inside the top 15 ... lol ... But the main goal is top 8 - so I'll let ya slide a bit for now.

:mrgreen:

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

zane trace is 4-6 as they got weathered out both games this weekend. they play adena on monday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks daniC ... crack ... changes have been made ...

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

While reading over this week's Elite 8, I couldn't help put make note of how the rankings break down by divisions. 4 of the top 5 teams are D-3...all from that powerful Jackson Sectional. If you were to rank a Top 10 per Division based on the Elite 8 rankings, it would look like this:

Division 2
1) Warren
2) Chillicothe
3) Fairland
4) Logan Elm
T-5) Hillsboro
T-5) Waverly
7) Unioto
8 ) Circleville
9) Fairfield Union
10) Vinton County

Division 3
1) Chesapeake
2) Portsmouth
3) Ironton
4) Valley
5) Southeatern
6) Huntington
7) Eastern Brown
8 ) Peebles
9) Minford
10) Belpre

Division 4
1) Southern
2) Manchester
3) South Gallia
4) South Webster
5) Notre Dame
6) Fairfield
7) Whiteoak
8 ) Eastern Pike
9) Federal Hocking
10) Symmes Valley

I like the overall list pfloyd! I think it breaks down pretty well. I differ a little on Notre Dame, Whiteoak and Eastern Pike; but the beauty is those teams will all get a chance to settle it on the floor. I'm excited for the tourney to see how things shake out. Speaking of the tourney, 5 of your top 10 D-3 teams are in that same sectional with a couple more hot on their tails. It's going to make for some GREAT hoops in the post-season!!! Thanks for all your work putting your rankings together!! I always look forward to reading them!
Last edited by Jesco White on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Seriously, when broken down by division, its even more accurate. Good work by pointing that out Jesco. But, don't forget that Logan is the #1 D1 team in the rankings! Been holding onto that spot tight for the past 5 or 6 years in fact.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... nice observation Jesco White ! ... when you break them down the way you did - it looks about right as well imo ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

6 of the top 8 in D2 are in the Southeastern Sectional.

After seeing both Minford and Piketon, I'd have Piketon above them, but you gotta win to stay high in the rankings. Minford has done that, while Piketon hasn't.

What's your game of the week, pfloyd? Portsmouth/Warren 2? Only huge SVC game is Southeastern @ Piketon, Piketon won in a blowout the 1st time, but since then, SE is unbeaten.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

dani,

What are your thoughts on that upcoming Piketon-SE game? I was able to listen to their first match-up on the radio. Piketon certainly owned that game, but as you pointed out, SE is definitely performing at a higher level now. I've been waiting on the Streaks to get healthy and rolling. What do you think?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SE's Michael Brown played about 8 minutes in the 1st game due to foul trouble and that was a huge difference. Piketon was losing Kellough the entire 1st game and he was off, but if Brown plays and Kellough knocks down some shots, its a much different ball game. That being said, Piketon is much more athletic and the teams are comparable on skill and effort, so with that advantage in athleticism, I'll give the slight edge to Piketon. They have to start rebounding if they are going to beat good teams though.

I'll take Piketon, 59-53 in a fun game. I hope the all day boys/girls games doesn't kill the crowd for that game like it did the 1st time they played. Watch for the freshmen in this game, SE's Dylan Miles and Piketon's pair of Wyatt Brewster and Aaron Southworth. Toss in SE's Jake Skeens from their super talented JV group and you've got some great matchups for years to come!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...daniC - definitely that Warren @ Portsmouth game on Friday is a BIG clash in Elite 8 ... the outcome splits the tie at the #2 spot on the Elite 8 AND more importantly breaks the 3 way tie in the SEOAL for that #1 position wrapping up January's portion of the schedule ... a surprise game might be the Tuesday night "make-up" game from last Friday between Logan and Chillicothe <= the Purple played the Cavs very well in the first meeting at Logan before going brain dead by letting Malik London dominate the game at both ends of the floor in the 2nd half LOL - what was London sitting at intermission with 4 points/2 rbs/1 block turned into a 16 point/14 rbs/10 block shot Cavs "W" at Jim's Gym in Logan ... my Logan boyz have won 3 of 5 now, finding some confidence on the floor learning how to win ... would be a BIG "wrench" in the SEOAL standings if one of the 2nd tier teams knocked off one of the Big Three - Portsmouth,Warren, Chillicothe ...

... other games Friday night Jackson @ Chillicothe is a good match-up ... I believe Chapman for the Ironmen had 37 points vs Portsmouth the other night ... Tuesday night has Fairfield Union hosing Circleville in a good MSL game ... 93dog can give us a rundown on the TVC in the Week that Is ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks BlindWhiteHat on the ISJ record from the last Elite 8 thread ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a partial menu of games for 1/24 ...

Circleville @
Fairfield Union

Logan @
Chillicothe

Jackson vs
Meigs

Logan Elm @
Teays Valley

Warren vs
Belpre

West Union
Peebles

Wahama vs
Southern

Coal Grove vs
Chesapeake

Alexander @
Athens

Crooksville @
John Glenn

Sheridan @
Philo

West Muskingum @
New Lexington

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Pfloyd,

South Webster is 6-6 rather than 6-5. Their losses have come to Notre Dame, Portsmouth, Fairland, Waverly, Minford and Valley. Combined record of teams they have lost to is 64-15.

Also, Notre Dame has 2 losses rather than 1. They are 10-2, with losses to Eastern Pike and Tree of Life. Their rematch with Eatern Pike was one of the many games postponed by mother nature on Friday night. That game will be HUGE in terms of the SOC 1. A win by Eastern Pike and they will likely win the league crown, but a win by the Titans and a shared crown could be in the works.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the corrections have been made Jesco White - thank you ... I even have those 2 losses for ND on my Napkin Stat sheet - heck I even watched the loss to the Tree of Life boyz at the Convo - go figure ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... alrighty! BIG day today ... pfloyd is heading for C'bus/The James Cancer Hospital @ OSU to meet with the thoracic surgeon ... will get the answers to the questions - When? How will the surgery will be done? What is the time needed for recovery? ... once those questions are answered, then it is hurry up and wait time until they actually DO the surgery - remove the cancer on my lung, see what they find, see if it is a "one and done" or if I have to go into overtime with this opponent ...

... it's time to roll - game on!!!

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Fairland @ southpoint 1/24

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Good luck Pfloyd,praying for good news and a speedy recovery for the Purple Hippo

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Here are a few of the excellent websites that I use to gather team schedules/results.

http://elitetristatesports.com/highscho ... index.html

http://www.svcsportszone.com/

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pi ... l/home.htm

(Just type any school name or town in search box)

http://trivalleyconference.com/

http://www.c103.fm/shl.html (SHL website - but not up to date!)

SOC Central (SEOP)

Jotting's Cage Standings (SEOP)

SHL Scores and Standings (SEOP)

Im sure there are other great sites for information, if anybody knows some please share.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”