Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Post by pfloyd »

... As we close in on the final 3 weeks of the Regular season the Cream IS rising to the top - as IS ALWAYS the case ... the top 8 - 10 are holding serve if not beating up on each other ... the teams within striking distance ARE jockeying for position as those BIG game with the BIG BOYS are now within sight ... if you a Cheap Seat guy or gal - this IS the time of year when high school hoops IS the best - gotta love it ... Sectional seeding will be happening soon! this coming weekend??? ... If you look down the Treehugger Wannabe list you will find some teams to reckon with in the post season : Eastern Brown has rattled off 9 wins in a row out of the SHL ... South Webster/Rock Hill each have won 4 in a row ... Waterford 7 straight W's ... Portsmouth Notre Dame 7 W's in a row ... Fairland winning 6 of their last 7 outings ... Sheridan has run off 8 straight as their young perimeter players(Tyler Fisher/Luke Fox/Matt Freville) are growing up around senior Jacob Horsley ... Eastern Pike rolling off 9 wins in their last 10 games with 7 in a row ... and finally Peebles with 4 straight coming into the Week that IS ... the last 3 weeks should be outstanding to watch let's see how ALL of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line fared this past week ...

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9...

1. Chesapeake (14-1/2-0)

2. Portsmouth (14-2/1-0)

3. Warren (11-2/1-1) / Ironton (12-3/1-0)

4. Lucasville Valley (13-2/2-0)

5. Chillicothe (11-4/2-0)

6. Fairland (13-3/2-0)

7. Hillsboro (11-3/2-0) /Logan Elm (10-4/1-1)

8. Waverly (12-3/2-0)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

(11-4) Eastern Brown
(12-2) Peebles
(11-4) Huntington
(11-2) Southern
(10-5) Piketon
(8-6) Fairfield Union
(10-4) Circleville
(9-5) Southeastern
(9-4) Unioto
(10-4) Sheridan
(12-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame
(10-3) Eastern Pike
(9-4) Belpre
(8-6) South Webster
(7-7) Marietta
(10-5) Oak Hill
(7-7) Lynchburg Clay
(8-5) North Adams
(7-6) Zane Trace
(9-5) Minford
(8-6) Manchester
(7-7) Fairfield Leesburg
(7-6) Vinton County
(9-5) Nelsonville York
(8-4) Wellston
(6-8) Jackson
(4-10) Logan
(7-5) Waterford
(6-7) Miami Trace
(6-9) Whiteoak
(6-7) Wahama
(7-7) South Gallia
(7-7) Athens
(7-6) Federal Hocking
(5-9) Greenfield McClain
(7-7) New Lexington
(7-8) Rock Hill
(10-6) Coal Grove
(6-8) South Point
(6-8) Symmes Valley
(6-8) Washington CH
(3-10) Wheelersburg
(4-11) Westfall
(7-5) New Boston
(8-6) St. Joseph
(4-9) Franklin Furnace Green
(3-11) Paint Valley
(3-9) Miller
(4-9) Crooksville
(4-8) Reedsville Eastern

...Teams on the End Table ...

(2-7) Portsmouth East
(1-14) Meigs
(3-11) Alexander
(1-12) Adena
(2-12) Trimble
(2-12) River Valley
(3-11) Gallia Academy
(3-11) Portsmouth West
(2-12) Western Pike
(1-12) Northwest
(1-13) Portsmouth Clay
(0-14) West Union

... please check the records for the teams listed - give me the corrections, as always they will be made as soon as possible ... I will be heading for C'bus for a stress test, blood work Monday in preparation for surgery ... Surgery is scheduled for this coming Friday February 3rd ... some BIG games happening on Friday the 3rd - Portsmouth vs Chillicothe, Logan vs Warren, Chesapeake vs Fairland to name a few ... I'm sure there are many more - SHL, SVC, SOC, MVL, MSL, SCOL - get out to a game! support your team ...and when they play/sing the National Anthem throw a thought/prayer up for pfloyd while you're at it Friday night ... thanks everyone ... wishing the best for all teams, coaches, players the rest of the season ... hope to see all as soon as possible in a gym in Southern/Southeast Ohio ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jesco White
S

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Post by Jesco White »

Pfloyd,

Valley is now 13-2, as they went 2-0 last week with wins over Northwest (Tuesday) and Wheelersburg (Friday), giving the Indians 12 wins in a row.

I was starting to worry when I hadn't seen a post from you in several days. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. I have no doubt you're gonna beat your "opponent" handily!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Has Meigs played Gallia Academy? Gallia is down but butter than Meigs.

Eastern Brown, Peebles and Southern need to be a little higher IMO

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Great job as always love all you do for high school basketball! My prayers are with you.

FHSguy
Waterboy

Post by FHSguy »

Fairland is now 13-3

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

Fairlandis13-3 overall. They were 11-3 won both games this week. Good luck next week to pfloyd!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Gallia wiped the floor with meigs

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

STUCK!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And they should certainly be above them

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good list Floyd ... Love seeing the Tornadoes that high ... lol ... Watch out for my 'Dogs too buddy - they switched to a 'lock down' defensive style and it seems to be working.

They just beat VC 46-37 ... They beat Jackson 42-36 ... And they only allowed Warren to score 46 points during a 46-34 loss.

Hope you feeling better Floyd - I really hope you make it to the Convo! It won't be the same without ya man.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog ... that's my "game plan" - to be back by the 3 Weeks of the Convo ... as Jesco White posted - the plan is to beat this "opponent" - I don't know how to lose and I'm not going to start now ... I will be at the Convo ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Darn it ... I was hoping I wasn't gonna have to pay up on that box of popcorn ... lol

J/K Floyd ... I would gladly bye you a box for every night if mean't you'll be their in full spirits ... I might have to take out a loan to do so - but I'd get-r-done.

I'm so excited about the Convo I can't even stand it Floyd ... The possible D2 match-ups with the best coming out of the Logan sectional versus Chilli and all those boys from the Adena sectional ... All the great D3 teams doing battle with The Peake, Ironton and Portsmouth leading the way ... And I know your not a huge D4 fan - but I can't wait for the classic TVC-Hocking versus those Whiteoak/Fairfield/Manchester teams ... Any chance we can just fast forward time and get on with the district tourney tomorrow?

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Prayers for you PFloyd as you continue to dethrone the enemy. My better half has been through breast and thyroid cancer in the past 6 years. She is cancer free and a walking testimony!! But as in all things in life, God has the final sayso!! Be blessed. I was going to try and meet you in Chesapeake, but there was way too much purple in the house. Maybe at the convo!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

skidaddy ... give your " better half" a hug every single day my friend ... and thank you ... I WILL BE at the Convo - I wouldn't know where else to be in March !!! LOL ...

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Pfloyd, thanks for the great job as usual keeping us misplaced southern Ohio boys, and girls informed of the happennings of Southeastern Ohio hoops. My prayers are with you, as you continue to fight off and defeat this damnable enemy!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

God bless and best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recover, pfloyd, so you can enjoy the fine cuisine and basketball the Convo has to offer during Basketball 30.

Less than two weeks until the draw, and teams are positioning themselves for those good seeds. Two of them, Logan Elm and Circleville, have big games against fellow sectional foes this week - CHS @ Jackson on Tuesday and LE @ Fairfield Union on Friday. LE is @ WCH on Tuesday and CHS @ Teays Valley on Friday. Road warriors this week for the Braves and Tigers.

I'll be taking in the Circleville @ Teays game Friday and then watch a warming up Westfall squad @ Teays on Saturday.

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Pfloyd, the entire committee of " THE BEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST"WILL HAVE YOU ON THEIR PRAYER LIST,GOD BLESS.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Just finished the pre-op bloodwork , met with the anesthesiologist , an EKG is complete ... waiting to do a Nuclear Stress test - we're having fun now!!! LOL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

A Nuclear Stress test??? Isn't that what coaches go through when their player is on the foul line with 1 second to go trailing by 1?
A Nuclear Stress test? Isn't that what PFloyd puts 93Bulldog through when he doesn't have Southen ranked high enough?
A Nuclear Strees test = WAITING FOR THE DISTRICT TOURNEY TO GET UNDER WAY!

* Good luck Floyd!

(BTW - Click over on the girls forum and share a Katie Smith story on her topic.)

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

prayers for you out of Pa, the good Lord will be hearing prayers from everywhere all week Im sure. Portsmouth-Chilli, does it get any better?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”