Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by 93Bulldog »

BTW, Floyd ... if my memory serves me correct, the last time Logan was in the top 8 it was called 93Bulldogs Elite of Southeastern Ohio ... And you were just a 'stringer' adding your 'liberal' elite 8 to the list ... lol

That Logan was team was none other than the 'Rat Pack'! or as I called em - the Brat Pack ... Patrick Howe, Cole Ressler, Tory Kratzenberg and the late the B.J. Hughes ... That was so long ago, those boys use to hit me up on AOL Messenger after games ... lol ... Does AOL Messenger even exist still???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I've screwed up before and I'll do it again - nothing is done negatively on purpose though ... 72 teams, so many games played, scores/results to find and keep track of ... my hope is ALWAYS that someone will correct me/ tell me / inform me ... the coaches/players put in sooooo much time in doing their best on the court - I want to make sure I do them ALL justice in fairly/objectively ranking them from my cheap seat locations from around Southern/Southeastern Ohio - it's the very least that I can do as a fan of the game ... I trust my judgement and ability to analyze the teams on the court - been doing it a long time BUT unless I can see a team more than once - even the eye test is subjective ... now when I go to see a team play it will ALWAYS be a big time game ! IF I go to see YOUR team play YOU KNOW that I FEEL your team IS a quality team as is your team's opponent on that given night ... I love high hoops BUT I LOVE "GOOD" high school hoops ...

... I have no problem being "disagreed with" whatsoever ! as has been brought up - opinions are what this site is all about BUT it is OPINIONS backed by good information/napkin stats to support your opinion ...

... I always say "let the beatings" begin !!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Valley beat wheelersbburg for the soc title 66 to 65 tonight.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wellston falls to (10-8) after losing at OVC tonight (Monday).

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Kudos to you Pfloyd for another great year. I'm just glad you are still around for all the excitement. I'd like to invite you to Peebles Friday to watch Peebles Lynchburg Clay 2. THE REMATCH. I hope it's as exciting as the ot game awhile back. We are good hosts: we are 6-4 at home and 9-1 away. I hope we win this one though. It could be for the shac co-title. No one gave us a chance at close to this without Beau. Godspeed.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SOC2 is very competitive now. Some very, very close games with Valley, Minford, Burg, Waverly, Oak Hill, and Webster. Waverly in close games with the top 3 but haven't been able to beat one yet. Last chance is at Burg Friday night (3 away games in 4 days to wrap up the regular season).

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Of course not everyone will agree, but from an outsiders perspective, I know that without pfloyd, I would have about 1 % of the knowledge about SE Ohio basketball in the foreign land that we call Pennsylvania. Its not just pfloyd though, its all of you that post on this thread, honestly, without this post, those of us outsiders may not even realize how strong a team Unioto has, or that Fairland has a super group of diaper dandy sophmores, Ive followed these posts since the dark days of the huddle, its not always about the elite 8, its all the information from almost every team in SE Ohio that matters the most

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Of course not everyone will agree, but from an outsiders perspective, I know that without pfloyd, I would have about 1 % of the knowledge about SE Ohio basketball in the foreign land that we call Pennsylvania. Its not just pfloyd though, its all of you that post on this thread, honestly, without this post, those of us outsiders may not even realize how strong a team Unioto has, or that Fairland has a super group of diaper dandy sophmores, Ive followed these posts since the dark days of the huddle, its not always about the elite 8, its all the information from almost every team in SE Ohio that matters the most
I agree completely! When pfloyd came over from the Huddle, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it (we were in the midst of a 1-20 season) but I would always check it out after Convo time to get to know some of the teams that I wasn't sure about.

Driving all over the SE District and tracking the teams is a heck of a job and pfloyd does a great job!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I have seen over 60 games "counting all Trojan games" and that's the easy part , no way I could ever sit down and do all the paper " napkin" work pfloyd puts all the time in doing.

I'm sure pfloyd understands some of the heat he gets from time to time and even likes the discussion he gets from it .

This thread is the only reason I even get on this site anymore .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdowgg wrote:I have seen over 60 games "counting all Trojan games" and that's the easy part , no way I could ever sit down and do all the paper " napkin" work pfloyd puts all the time in doing.

I'm sure pfloyd understands some of the heat he gets from time to time and even likes the discussion he gets from it .

This thread is the only reason I even get on this site anymore .
... I absolutely KNOW that what gets posted will be "challenged" ... and biggdowgg - as you have known me a long time - "the discussion" IS important ! I want it to happen ! ... heck that's how I learn more & more about the teams in Southern/SE Ohio hoops ! if ANYONE posts with the thought that what they post will NOT be questioned - let's just say they should journal their insights LOL ... I don't have thin skin ... those who I have had the pleasure to meet in my travels KNOW that I will tell them straight up what I have seen/what I think of the teams I have seen - I DON'T COME ACROSS AS KNOWING IT ALL to these folks I'm sure ... in fact I totally enjoy picking the brains of those I run into so I can learn as much as I CAN about THEIR team or THEIR LEAGUE ... I love doing this !!!! I hope it comes across that I LOVE DOING THIS !!! ... I would personally say that I am basically an introvert BUT I "ain't" afraid to talk hoops, I "ain't" hiding in the cheap seats where ever I go LOL ... I am personable , I don't bite, from all of the folks from players to coaches to parents of players to fans who HAVE searched ME out to say hello I'd say I'm a pretty friendly, accessible person EVERYWHERE I go ... I would say that I am "least" liked here in Logan actually LOL ... not even sure if there is anyone IN Logan who reads anything I post ! LOL ... I would probably be better served to take myself on the road every game day LOL ...

... my motto is that I will always "agree to disagree" ... that IF I post something it is posted from "eye test" knowledge that I have personally drawn my opinion from ... usually it is drawn from multiple eye tests - what you see once is not always true have to see it again and again if possible ... I have the most respect for those who have an opinion AND support those opinions with facts ...

... finally I make mistakes - I didn't have the 2nd East win over ND ! I made my call on what I had in front of me - IF it isn't there I will screw it up => I WORK EXTREMELY HARD TO GET RIGHT !!! - I search out game results !!! I count on those I trust - 93dog with TVC results/daniC & bman for the results from the Northwest Territories ... I count these guys - I know them, I know they have good sources for information ... there are others all around as well I92 - I've known from the huddle days when he tells me something about the SHAC etc. I listen ... trojandave/biggdowgg for SOC/OVC info ... thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Elite 8 thread every week !!! as LetsGoPSU posted he comes to the thread to get information - not just my rankings ... the information he gets is supplied by ALL OF YOU !!! ... it's YOUR information that makes it ALL worth the read ! keep reading the thread ! keep giving your own opinions ! keep enjoying the kids, the game, the teams in HS Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line !!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Looks like your number 1 went down to chillicothe tonight , we was listening it sounded like a great game ....kid for chilli went off for 25

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Sorry did not see there was a update thread on the game

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth beat rock hill tonight.....

The Trojans go to wheelersbburg tomorrow night to take on a very good pirate team

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

Washington 45 Springfield Shawnee 59

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdowgg wrote:Looks like your number 1 went down to chillicothe tonight , we was listening it sounded like a great game ....kid for chilli went off for 25

Unioto had its' 55 game regular season win streak stopped by the Cavs at Hatton Gymnasium ... sounded like a great high school game ... No undefeateds' in SEOhio this season ... count on the same matchup in the Southeastern D2 sectional final next week between these 2 teams ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:Looks like your number 1 went down to chillicothe tonight , we was listening it sounded like a great game ....kid for chilli went off for 25

Unioto had its' 55 game regular season win streak stopped by the Cavs at Hatton Gymnasium ... sounded like a great high school game ... No undefeateds' in SEOhio this season ... count on the same matchup in the Southeastern D2 sectional final next week between these 2 teams ...

I was going to go to this game if ours got postponed , kinda wished I went anyway lol..

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Is the Bolte kid still at Chillicothe?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote:Is the Bolte kid still at Chillicothe?

Tommy Bolte graduated last year ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

wow Grat win for Cavs. thx to everyone for the participation on this thread, it is so much better than anything you will ever find in print!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote:Is the Bolte kid still at Chillicothe?
Tommy Bolte having graduated last year from Chillicothe, plays for Concord University in W.Va. ... I just looked up his status - seems to be getting about 12 mpg playing time in his first season at the next level ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”