Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by minford17 »

School record 52 points

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

52 points !!! WOW !!! ... MInford buries the Warren Warriors tonight ... I'm curious as to how Dillon Shepherd did in his 3rd game back not that he had to do too much with Kelly going off for 52 LOL ... just interested to hear IF he is contributing in the paint - rebounding etc. ... DS can be a BIG help in the post season imo ... minford17 ? biggdowgg ?? ... I know it's tough to look past the Kelly show BUT - I'm trying to get a feel for the Minford run into the one & done season ...

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by TravisHill22 »

Logan Elm 53
Bloom Carroll 35 final

Preston Schultz 24
Ridge Young 17

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote:52 points !!! WOW !!! ... MInford buries the Warren Warriors tonight ... I'm curious as to how Dillon Shepherd did in his 3rd game back not that he had to do too much with Kelly going off for 52 LOL ... just interested to hear IF he is contributing in the paint - rebounding etc. ... DS can be a BIG help in the post season imo ... minford17 ? biggdowgg ?? ... I know it's tough to look past the Kelly show BUT - I'm trying to get a feel for the Minford run into the one & done season ...

I think he had 2-3. Scored a basket and got fouled, a nice post move. Can't remember if he made the freebie. Looked a little sluggish, imo. The seniors ruled the night for the Falcons, with Alley and Rowe having nice nights as well.

Warren hit 12 3s, but had very little ball movement against the Minford zone. It wasn't until the 4th that they really guarded Kelley hard too. I'm guessing that they are a different team with Kyler Dennis than they showed tonight.

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

Smeltzy wrote:FU finishes 18 - 4 after an overtime win at Circleville. MSL Champs for first time in 20 years! !!!!!!
Fairfield Union actually shares the title with Logan Elm

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

pfloyd wrote:52 points !!! WOW !!! ... MInford buries the Warren Warriors tonight ... I'm curious as to how Dillon Shepherd did in his 3rd game back not that he had to do too much with Kelly going off for 52 LOL ... just interested to hear IF he is contributing in the paint - rebounding etc. ... DS can be a BIG help in the post season imo ... minford17 ? biggdowgg ?? ... I know it's tough to look past the Kelly show BUT - I'm trying to get a feel for the Minford run into the one & done season ...

DS looked much better, still getting into conditioning but I saw him gain confidence tonight, he had a nice and 1 post move I believe early in the 3rd quarter, which brought a rise from the whole falcon bench. I look for him to continue to improve game by game.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

TravisHill22 wrote:
Smeltzy wrote:FU finishes 18 - 4 after an overtime win at Circleville. MSL Champs for first time in 20 years! !!!!!!

Still MSL champs... a number will go on the banner. And after 20 years, we don't care who we share it with. Well except BC...

What an effort by FU beating two really good teams in back to back nights!
Last edited by Falcon01 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Falcon01 wrote:
TravisHill22 wrote:

Still MSL champs... a number will go on the banner. And after 20 years, we don't care who we share it with. Well except BC...

What an effort by FU besting twould really good teams in back to back nights!
The 1 seeded Logan Elm Braves do still have to win another game before they play their opener as the 2 seed in the Logan Sectional and before they can share. I've heard rumors that they might be the 3 seed at Logan and will play Warren before they play Meigs.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Pfloyd, agree with New Era. Dillon is improving game by game. Not all the way back yet, but getting there.

These last 2 games against #2Valley and especially tonight against #8Warren have definitely impressed me. Shows how dangerous this team can be, and I definitely hope it is the spark that can trigger a long run in the tournament. A great offensive and defensive effort tonight. Keep it up boys.

Loved how the boys knew how hot Trey was early on, and they definitely wanted to feed Trey the ball as much as possible. They were enjoying Trey's results as much as he was. The 9 three pointers was one away from Kenton Gullion's record set against Rock Hill during Kenton's freshman season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

minford17 wrote:Pfloyd, agree with New Era. Dillon is improving game by game. Not all the way back yet, but getting there.

These last 2 games against #2Valley and especially tonight against #8Warren have definitely impressed me. Shows how dangerous this team can be, and I definitely hope it is the spark that can trigger a long run in the tournament. A great offensive and defensive effort tonight. Keep it up boys.

Loved how the boys knew how hot Trey was early on, and they definitely wanted to feed Trey the ball as much as possible. They were enjoying Trey's results as much as he was. The 9 three pointers was one away from Kenton Gullion's record set against Rock Hill during Kenton's freshman season.
... Trey Kelly with 9 treys on the night !? wow ... I have been in the gym when Evan French of Warren fame has rained 3's on my Logan Chieftains for a couple of 40 point outbursts as well as an Evan French (Warren) 40+ point 3ball barrage vs Chillicothe at the Hatton Gymnasium ... I have never seen a 50+ point game by anyone LOL ... so Trey Kelly 52 Warren 54 a final tonight ? Warren got the win ! ;-p outstanding game by T. Kelly - I know just call me Mr. Obvious LOL ...

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

pfloyd wrote:
minford17 wrote:Pfloyd, agree with New Era. Dillon is improving game by game. Not all the way back yet, but getting there.

... Trey Kelly with 9 treys on the night !? wow ... I have been in the gym when Evan French of Warren fame has rained 3's on my Logan Chieftains for a couple of 40 point outbursts as well as an Evan French (Warren) 40+ point 3ball barrage vs Chillicothe at the Hatton Gymnasium ... I have never seen a 50+ point game by anyone LOL ... so Trey Kelly 52 Warren 54 a final tonight ? Warren got the win ! ;-p outstanding game by T. Kelly - I know just call me Mr. Obvious LOL ...

What a night! SEO hoopsters seem to be on fire this year. It seems I have read about more kids going for 30 or 40, (and now 50 points!) than I can remember in recent years.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:
TravisHill22 wrote: Fairfield Union actually shares the title with Logan Elm

The 1 seeded Logan Elm Braves do still have to win another game before they play their opener as the 2 seed in the Logan Sectional and before they can share. I've heard rumors that they might be the 3 seed at Logan and will play Warren before they play Meigs.
I see what you did there. Lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Falcon01 wrote:
TravisHill22 wrote:

Big congratulations to Fairfield Union on clinching at least a share of the title. Lethal combination of shooters with a nice inside player.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

wow 9 threes, I haven't seen 9 in a game all season, we don't shoot the ball well in Bedford haha

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

It's about time for the highly anticipated "Road to the Convo" version of Pfloyd's rankings!

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Yes.......my bad FU does only share league title with LE. I was just so happy it wasn't BC!!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bball30 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:"I finally got to sit down, the first thing I heard from 2 Logan fans - one said "is't this the first road game you've gone to this year? " - another said " maybe they (the Warren fans) have a seat for you on the other side"

LOL ... Seat on the Warren side??? What's next, a dancing blue hippo???
That just proves that pfloyd is ecumenical....he belongs to ALL of SE Ohio hoops! Probably should get some kind of golden pass to any and all games in the area with special reserved "cheap seats" seating in all arenas.
Now if I just get him to transfer a little of that enthusiasm to the Bobcats...............we could arrange extra special Convo seating!

bball30 - whoa ! not sure pfloyd has ever had such a "scholarly" word such as "ecumenical" used to describe him ! - I HOPE that I'm at least liked or accepted around Southern/Southeast Ohio as a person who DOES in fact "bring out the good, the best of boys high school hoops" when I travel & talk to folks Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... just as I hold YOU in high esteem as THE "VOICE" of high school basketball in Southern/SEOhio - the kids, the coaches, the fans Below the Line set their first goal as "getting to the Convo!" - they WANT to hear YOU introduce them to the basketball world Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ! to hear YOU "welcome everyone to Basketball 30 !!!" ... puts a smile on my face just typing it ! for a youngster to be announced by YOU and then play at the Convo ... the SE District has THE BEST SHOW in HS Hoops in the post season - end of story ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”