Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6 ...

1. Unioto (12-0)

2. Washington CH (10-2)

3. Vinton County (11-1)

4. Lynchburg Clay (12-0)

5. Chesapeake (9-2)

6. Lucasville Valley (10-0)

7. Fairland (7-2)

8. Peebles (10-1) / Logan Elm (10-3)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

Meigs (11-0)
Warren (10-2)
Trimble (9-1)
Fairfield Union (9-2)
Chillicothe (5-7)
Alexander (8-4)
15 Miami Trace (7-5)

Adena (9-3)
Logan (6-8)
Portsmouth (5-5)
Eastern Pike (8-4)
20 Minford (9-2)

Circleville (7-5)
Athens (5-6)
Westfall (6-5)
Waterford (8-1)
25 Sheridan (7-4)

Portsmouth Notre Dame (9-1)
Portsmouth East (7-3)
Portsmouth Clay (7-3)
Eastern Brown (6-5)
30 South Gallia (9-2)

Ironton (4-6)
Wheelersburg (5-3)
Waverly (6-4)
Zane Trace (7-6)
35 Wellston (6-4)

South Webster (4-6)
Marietta (5-8)
Oak Hill (7-5)
Hillsboro (5-8)
40 North Adams (7-4)

Fairfield Leesburg (5-7)
Southeastern (3-9)
Paint Valley (3-10)
Belpre (7-7)
45 Greenfield McClain (3-9)

Western Pike (5-6)
South Point (4-6)
Wahama (4-3)
Gallia Academy (4-5)
50 Portsmouth West (3-7)

Miller (5-6)
Nelsonville York (3-7)
Jackson (2-10)
Symmes Valley (3-6)
55 Coal Grove (3-7)

Piketon (2-11)
Green (3-8)
Manchester (3-9)
Federal Hocking (3-8)
60 Whiteoak (3-8)

Crooksville (3-8)
St. Joseph (2-7)
River Valley (3-10)

... Teams on the End Table ...

New Lexington (1-11)
65 Reedsville Eastern (1-9)
West Union (1-11)
Northwest (1-10)
Huntington (1-12)
New Boston (1-9)
Southern (1-10)
Rock Hill (0-11)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Post by danicalifornia »

Keep an eye out for the Paint Valley Bearcats, pfloyd. They have won 2 in a row and are finally to full strength. The combination of Swingle and McFadden is going to be difficult for teams to slow down. The big issue for them is if they can get stops when they need to. At Piketon, at Zane Trace, and Southeastern in their next 3.

They sit at 3-10, I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 9-13 and push someone at Waverly for a return trip to the Convo.

McClain is another team who has struggled, but could make a push in the 2nd half of the year. They will lose on Friday (Wilmington) but they could be competitive in the majority of their remaining games. The transfer from Arkansas has all kinds of potential (length, athleticism; just has to put it together) and he gives them a really big lineup. It wouldn't be too outlandish to think that they can get to 9 wins (not beating Wilmington, Washington, or Lynchburg) and possibly to 10.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

preety nice list, Im still preety surprised with the Trojans beating Chesapeake, butof course the Trojans are very dangerous,Rock Hill, Gallia Academy and Peebles in the immediate future, should be fun !

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Im not surprised at all with the win over Chesapeake ,I been telling everyone even after the south point loss that this team would win some big games.

even though the trtojans have 5 losses they have played some good teams Huntington st joe...columbus afracentric....fairland...undefeated ,Valley...and have been in EVERY single game with a chance to win , I dont see a lot of other teams around here walking tghrough that schedule without a loss or 2

kinda surprised Valley stayed at 6 after a big win over fairland and staying undefeated? they Play POeake soon that should be a dandy..Rhoades vs Rolffe!!
Last edited by biggdowgg on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

2- VALLEY
3- VC
4- PEAKE
5 WCH

Just my opinion...

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Great list as always, pfloyd.

I do agree that Valley very well may be #2 on the list. Their Senior class is as good as anyone in SE Ohio. Tall, long, strong, and quick. They'll be able to compete with anybody in D3 around here, but need to shoot it more consistently to really make some noise.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I am very impressed with the Valley Indians, having seen them beat my Trojans and the Fairland Dragons. Bryan Rolfe has had to this point an outstanding season, and he makes everyone around him better. I love the way he pushes the ball up the court. This might not be the most talented Indian team, but they play tremendous team basketball.

Hope to see the Trojans gain some momentum in the 2nd half of the season. We've had our ups and downs, but we've also proven that we can play with anybody on our schedule all the way to the final minute. Kyre Allison is marching well on his way to becoming Portsmouth High School's all time leading scorer. 2 of the last 3 games he has scored 29 and 30 points. Kendal Reynolds is having a fabulous season as well.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The first AP poll was released an hour ago.

Division 2
Unioto - #6
Vinton County - #9
Meigs - #11

Division 3
Chesapeake - #17

Division 4
Trimble - #9

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

danicalifornia wrote:The first AP poll was released an hour ago.

Division 2
Unioto - #6
Vinton County - #9
Meigs - #11

Division 3
Chesapeake - #17

Division 4
Trimble - #9
Do you have a link?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdowgg wrote:Im not surprised at all with the win over Chesapeake ,I been telling everyone even after the south point loss that this team would win some big games.

even though the trtojans have 5 losses they have played some good teams Huntington st joe...columbus afracentric....fairland...undefeated ,Valley...and have been in EVERY single game with a chance to win , I dont see a lot of other teams around here walking tghrough that schedule without a loss or 2

kinda surprised Valley stayed at 6 after a big win over fairland and staying undefeated? they Play POeake soon that should be a dandy..Rhoades vs Rolffe!!

... biggdowgg - I had Fairland ranked BEHIND Lucasville Valley last week ... the Indians defeating the Dragons WAS a good "W" but Valley was the favorite going into that game this past weekend ... you have to remember when you get to the top of the rankings this late in the season - teams aren't going to drop off the face of the earth with a loss vs another good team ... nothing but quality teams in the 20 imo ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the $1 billion question is - "Will tomorrow be the first day of game postponements for the 2015-16 season ?" ... going to have a "whole" 1 to 2 inches" of snow "as a definite maybe" ... snow is to be over by the early afternoon ... decisions as to whether schools will be delayed or closed ... the "not in school , no extracurricular activities" rule in some districts will rear its' ugly head ...

... only time will tell as "timing is everything " with the incoming snow ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... wow - we had over 7000 views on the Elite 8 for Week #5 ... over 1000 already for the Elite 8 Week #6 ... thanks everyone for giving the Elite 8 a read each week !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the scheduled Menu of games for Tuesday 1/12 ... (please add to the listing) :

Athens @ Nelsonville York
Alexander @ Jackson
Vinton County @ Meigs
River Valley @ Wellston
Trimble @ South Gallia
Federal Hocking @ Miller
Waterford @ Wahama
Eastern Reedsville @ Southern

Clinton Massie @ McClain
Chillicothe @ Hillsboro
Fairfield Leesburg @ Fayetteville
Tri Valley @ Sheridan
Maysville @ Crooksville
Marietta @ Claymont
Teams Valley @ Circleville
Waverly @ Lucasville Valley
Western Pike @ Eastern Pike
Georgetown @ Eastern Brown
Gallia Academy @ Fairland
Minford @ Oak Hill
Portsmouth Notre Dame @ Symmes Valley
Caldwell @ Warren
Washington CH @ Wilmington
East Clinton @ Miami Trace
Liberty Union @ Logan Elm
Coal Grove @ Chesapeake
Portsmouth @ Rock Hill
Wheelersburg @ Northwest
Green @ Portsmouth East
Portsmouth West @ South Webster
New Boston @ Portsmouth Clay
South Point @ Ironton

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

With wins over Fairland AND Trimble - not to mention still undefeated - I'd have Valley a little higher.

:)

DirtyBalls1
Waterboy

Post by DirtyBalls1 »

I see New Boston moving up a couple spots in the next few games!! :twisted:

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Portsmouth Notre Dame is actually 9-2. And IMO Portsmouth East should be above them. Since they beat them.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:Im not surprised at all with the win over Chesapeake ,I been telling everyone even after the south point loss that this team would win some big games.

... biggdowgg - I had Fairland ranked BEHIND Lucasville Valley last week ... the Indians defeating the Dragons WAS a good "W" but Valley was the favorite going into that game this past weekend ... you have to remember when you get to the top of the rankings this late in the season - teams aren't going to drop off the face of the earth with a loss vs another good team ... nothing but quality teams in the 20 imo ...

you are right , there is some good team in the top 20. thanks for all the time and work you put into this . it was good seeing you and mrs. pfloyd at Chesapeake , and good luck on your doctor visit

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Excited about the contest between Valley and Chesapeake that will be played in the Coach Young Classic at North Adams High School on Saturday!! Plenty of other great games that day as well.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Mailman wrote:Portsmouth Notre Dame is actually 9-2. And IMO Portsmouth East should be above them. Since they beat them.
Sciotoville also beat Eastern by 20 and theyre below them. I guess head to heads dont matter. Although east has had a couple slip ups due to a starter quitting,they had to adjust to his absence but now I believe theyre back on track

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”