Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Dec. 30th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan vs New Lexington ... Logan works to get back to .500 on the season ...

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I'll be attending the Circleville game against Teays Valley tonight. Roundtown tries to improve its record to 7-4. Complete stats following. I'll also get some stuff on the Logan Elm game with Amanda.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a few results from tonight Sat. January 5th

Boys Basketball
MSL

Circleville 53
Teays Valley 52

Logan Elm 75
Amanda 48

Canal Winchester 63
Bloom Carroll 44

Fairfield Union 56
Hamilton Township 59

Non Conference

Vinton County 52
Waverly 39

Leesburg Fairfield 71
Hillsboro 68

Portsmouth 41
Wheelersburg 73

Logan 81
New Lexington 46

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Federal Hocking 57 @ Alexander 47.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Circleville improves to 7-4 and 4-2 in the MSL with a 53-52 win. The Tigers jumped on Teays Valley in the first quarter for a 17-4 lead. Hartinger hits the pine with two fouls in the second quarter and a "pep talk" from Coach Etzler lights a fire under Teays Valley in the second period - Vikings go on 22-9 run to lead at half. Both teams battle through second half. Hartinger makes jumper with 50 seconds left for the winner and deflects a desperation heave from the Vikings.

Circleville was led by McMahon scoring 21 and Hartinger scoring 10 and pulling down nine boards.
Race had 12 for TV and Stewart, D1 football verbal commitment to UC, had 11 points and 11 boards.

Circleville hosts 6-2 Columbus Academy Tuesday and plays a very athletic 8-2 Hammy team Friday.

In the afternoon matinee at Hammy, Fairfield Union led most of the game, but Hammy outscores them 16-10 in the fourth to take a 59-56 win in MSL action. Frank had 18 to pace the visiting Falcons and Householder scored eight. Adams led HT with 16 points. Fairfield now stands at 7-5 on the season and hosts Teays Valley Friday.

In Amanda, Logan Elm used a 25-7 second quarter to cruise to a 75-48 win over the Aces. Congrove had 23 for the Braves, Chad Holbrook scored 16 and Largent finished with 10. Logan Elm, now 7-3 overall and 5-1 in the MSL, hosts Bloom-Carroll Friday and Columbus Westland Saturday.

Mathes had 14 to lead the Aces.

There you have it. All the napkin stats and information from the "Northwest territory". A good slate of games ahead for us next week.
Last edited by bman618 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks b618 ... they play good hoops in the Northwest Territories ... FU is probably 3-4 minutes in each game they have lost to having at least 3 of those losses be W's ... Coach Barr does a nice job with that program ... and you are absolutely right about Hamilton Township - very athletic group/ their starting 5 is as good as anyone around ... good stuff - look forward to more napkin stats this next week ...

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

The MSL is blessed to have a good stable of coaches and Coach Barr is one of them.

I'm looking forward to seeing Chilly-Nerk and Zville-Warren Harding Saturday at the Schott. Then I'll be at the LE-Westland game at night. Should be a triple header of southeastern powers going against some good "outside the line schools".

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

om no longer sold on waterford. They were a good team last year, but they have not got any better since last year. No progression. Still just a good team.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”