Post by Ironman92 »

Final

Fairfield 82
Peebles 67

Whs95fan
S

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 7

Post by Whs95fan »

Very impressed with Warren over the last month, I also noticed Bishop Hartley only lost by 6 to Watterson tonight which I think speaks to how much the team has improved. Go Blue!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto escapes against a very game Huntington ball club, 58-51. Nick Corcoran (16 pts, 11 in the 4th) hit a deep 3 with 30 seconds left to break a 51-all tie, following a big block by Erique Hosley (15 pts, 5 blocks). Alek Adkins and Nick Overly also chipped in with 10 pts each. Elijah Shanks led the Huntsmen with 22 pts, while Lucas Sarver and Brian Hall each added 12.

Hopefully the Shermans play a better overall game tomorrow night in the Village. It should be a fun night and hopefully the weather cooperates.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Pt. Pleasant drops Gallipolis, 80-51

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jottings ... were able to find the Fairland vs River Valley score ??? ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... still missing the Fairland vs River Valley score and one score from the west side of Rte 23 Whiteoak vs Ripley ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote:... still missing the Fairland vs River Valley score and one score from the west side of Rte 23 Whiteoak vs Ripley ...

Ripley wins 55-27

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 91
West 57

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Vinton County 39
Alexander 36 final

I went to the House that Lou Horvath (the Voice of HS Hoops in SEO/He of Basketball Thirty Fame) Built ... watched a very entertaining game between the Alexander Spartans and the Vinton County Vikings ... Coach Combs & Company escaped with a 39-36 win at the Alley ... this one was dominated by the 3 "non-playing" participants - at one point - the 4:47 mark of the 2nd quarter- there were more fouls called than points scored - by both teams ... for the game !!! ... as each team lost 2 players apiece to fouls in the game ... in the end Ryan Slopko drained a 3 ball late in regulation which proved to be the difference in the game ...Vinton County 39 Alexander 36 a final ...

Pfloyd Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Alexander

Scoring ... Mason Chapman 12, Lukas Thompson 8, Seth Richardson 5, Chris Wingett 4, Kyle Howard 4,Cory Chapman 2, Shea Gribsby 1
3 pointers ... 0/9
FTs ... 10/18
TOs ... 17

... Alexander sorely missed the services of PG Jordan Moseley who is sidelined with an injury ... not enough offensive weaponry in this one for the Spartans ... what looked like a BIG advantage in the paint for AHS with Cory Chapman and Shea Grigsby resulted in only 3 points between them and 0 fgs ... Mason Chapman is a player ... the entire Spartan ball club returns next season other than senior Chris Wingett ... I see good things in 2014-15 for the Spartans following an already excellent season down in Albany in 2013-14 ...

Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Vinton County

Scoring ... Alex Owings 13, Jordan Albright 11, Ryan Slopko 5, Christian Bartoe 5, Chase Ward 3, Max Ward 2
3 Pointers ... 6/13 ... Albright 3, Bartoe 1, Slopko 1, Owings 1
FT's ... 11/27
TOs ... 16

... not the same Vinton County team I'm used to seeing from years past - probably due to the youth on the floor ... I'm accustomed to seeing lots of VC ball movement via the crisp pass - not so much this season as there seems to be lots of dribbling in place of the pass, little if any shots in the paint ... just not the same VC team I am used to watching from the Cheap Seats ... the players look to be "thinking" vs reacting on the court - which keeps them from being in the right spots on the floor to allow for the passes to dictate the motion of the offense rather than the dribble ... 11/27 from the line - enough said ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Had the GAHS-PPHS game done, but lost it on my new computer. Ouch.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

so how much snow is on the ground over there, its heading my way. We have a standing rule in Pa, no school, no activities, at either participating school, if they go to school the game is on, although in the mountains those in the higher elevations tend to never miss a day, if they did they would be in school all year long.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LetsGoPSU ... we have 5 inches and counting on the ground here in Logan so far ... games for today and tonight are starting to drop like flies - just checked the Wellston HS website - the 5 games scheduled for the Wellston Golden Rocket Classic are cancelled for today which included the Logan vs Cleveland MLK HS and the Portsmouth vs Fairfield Christian games later today ... we are at a Level 2 already and the snow is literally pouring down still here in Hocking County ... not sure how long the schools with the night games hold off before calling those games - we'll be in wait and see mode BUT I don't see anyone playing today or tonight ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I bet some coaches and AD's are regretting not taking 93Dog's advice at the beginning of the year now! lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hocking County is now at a Level 3 Snow Emergency ... I'm still waiting for the snow to slow down so I can shovel the 5 inches that WERE on the ground earlier LOL ...

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

With all this snow and it pretty much a guarantee all games will be wiped out tonight..maybe we can get the elite8 rankings early this :122245 week

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LOL ... beaverlover!!! what are you thinkin'????!!!!! ... that these rankings can be done in 15 minutes or 20 minutes ???!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: ... seriously - it takes hours and hours to update the "big board" of all 72 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line for the games of the Week that IS, then sit-down , look at who played whom, who BEAT whom, where they stand on the board from the previous week, where does the team that a team beat this week or lost to this week stand on the rankings from the previous week, look at the size of the W or L , who has given me a T-shirt, who bought me the last pizza ... and finally sitting around the NEW hoops table and breaking out the Ouija Board ... lots of factors involved BUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I will see what I can do about the new rankings getting posted tonight ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I have a snow shovel that apparently only fits MY HANDS and snow covered sidewalks to clear ... " I'll be back ..." - someone should use that in a movie I'm thinkin' :mrgreen:

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Hate too hear all the games being ppd or cancelled. Here in Phx area 75 and sunny,,,,,,send RAIN!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

pfloyd wrote:... LOL ... beaverlover!!! what are you thinkin'????!!!!! ... that these rankings can be done in 15 minutes or 20 minutes ???!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: ... seriously - it takes hours and hours to update the "big board" of all 72 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line for the games of the Week that IS, then sit-down , look at who played whom, who BEAT whom, where they stand on the board from the previous week, where does the team that a team beat this week or lost to this week stand on the rankings from the previous week, look at the size of the W or L , who has given me a T-shirt, who bought me the last pizza ... and finally sitting around the NEW hoops table and breaking out the Ouija Board ... lots of factors involved BUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I will see what I can do about the new rankings getting posted tonight ...

Just messing with ya..u do a great job. Lot of time goes into 72 teams.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”