Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 9

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 9

Post by biggdowgg »

big win for the Trojans tonight over MLK a much bigger team then the Trojans and gave them fits all night sophomore Kyree Allison scored 20 rmore with the other sophomore Sky Allison not far behind..also freshman Kendall Reynolds scored in double figures..after watching 4 games this week that was very very slow temp games this was a great game to watch.

the green kid for MLK was a beast and one of the best players Ive seen this year ended up with 32..that kid is tough!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... biggdowgg ... THAT was a very good "W" for the Trojans this afternoon vs an athletic MLK squad and Mr. Green IS a player for sure ... I'm giving trojandaves boys another eyetest Tuesday night when they travel up Rt 23 to Chillicothe ... I think I can get Mrs. Pfloyd to go to that one - only an hour drive from Logan ... the Cavs are playing well, winners of 8 of their last 9 games ... one of those teams that will be very good next year not unlike your Trojans both thought to be a year away, both are playing very well in the year that IS ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hope to see you there pfloyd..always enjoy going to chilli always a great time.

trojandave and I was going to split after our game tonight and head to unioto..but over time killed that..lol

Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

Nelsonville-York 59 Southern 45

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Nice "W" for Coach Kline & the Buckeyes !!!

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Logan Elm 71
Hamilton Township 45

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 88
Miami Trace 74

High scoring affair, lot of fun to watch. Miami Trace will be another very good again next year, getting big minutes from 3 solid freshman tonight.
Unioto was led by Nick Corcoran with 30 pts, Nick Overly with 16 pts and 8 assists. Erique Hosley and Alek Adkins chipped in with 12 each. Not sure on the MT totals, but Sr G Trevor Smith had a big night, along with various Pettifords, the freshmen played well.

Unioto has now won 17 of 18 after an 0-2 start. Miami Trace falls to 13-5.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... what's happened to the folks running the Highland County Press website - it used to be very good for getting the scores from the West side of Rte 23 ?!! this season they don't post game results from Friday night's games by 10pm Saturday night and not results from Saturday night's games ... very discouraging/disappointing ... if you are going to have a website at least keep it updated ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The TVC web site has been updated after Saturday games ... And I was even out at a game tonight ... You can always count on 'old reliable' - a.k.a. 93Bulldog - Floyd.

;)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

That's what I'm talkin' about !!! what has happened to reliability/accountability ??? apparently the 93dog has cornered the market on it at the TVC website ... thanks 93dog ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

whoa !!!!! some upsets tonight in the TVC 93dog !!! Eastern beats Wellston by 19 ... Miller 75 over Trimble 74 ... wouldn't have picked em that way ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

or NY over Southern ... BIG WIN for coach Kline ... that D3 sectional in Jackson is not so daunting as I thought it was going to be ... he has a chance at a 4 or 5 seed.

SportsGuyHCP
Waterboy

Post by SportsGuyHCP »

pfloyd wrote:... what's happened to the folks running the Highland County Press website - it used to be very good for getting the scores from the West side of Rte 23 ?!! this season they don't post game results from Friday night's games by 10pm Saturday night and not results from Saturday night's games ... very discouraging/disappointing ... if you are going to have a website at least keep it updated ...

Mr. PFloyd are you serious? I work over 60 hours a week (ok more than that) ... what else do I need to do? I'm sorry I had to eat dinner after covering a game on a Friday/Saturday night. I had game scores on there from Friday night on Friday night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

sforsha wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... what's happened to the folks running the Highland County Press website - it used to be very good for getting the scores from the West side of Rte 23 ?!! this season they don't post game results from Friday night's games by 10pm Saturday night and not results from Saturday night's games ... very discouraging/disappointing ... if you are going to have a website at least keep it updated ...

Mr. PFloyd are you serious? I work over 60 hours a week (ok more than that) ... what else do I need to do? I'm sorry I had to eat dinner after covering a game on a Friday/Saturday night. I had game scores on there from Friday night on Friday night.
I'm looking at Friday nights results scores missing are Peebles @ Whiteoak, Eastern @ West Union, no scores from tonight's games IF the school's schedules are correct Ripley played Peebles, Manchester played East Clinton, Whiteoak played McClain ... my statement implied or meant to imply that the Highland County Press website has been more up to date in the past ... scores have been missing as they are now regularly this season ... I apologize if I offended you, I'm sure you work long hours - it's the nature of the business ... only stating what I have found in trying to find scores from the SHAC this season ...

SportsGuyHCP
Waterboy

Post by SportsGuyHCP »

The later the season has went this year, some of the scores have stopped coming in. Whiteoak at McClain boys and girls were cancelled and won't be made up. We have emails in to others and tonight I'm still currently working on the scores. With school being cancelled more than usual this year that is probably part of the problem.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

sforsha wrote:The later the season has went this year, some of the scores have stopped coming in. Whiteoak at McClain boys and girls were cancelled and won't be made up. We have emails in to others and tonight I'm still currently working on the scores. With school being cancelled more than usual this year that is probably part of the problem.
... I totally understand sforsha ... YOU can only go to one game on a Friday or Saturday night while you have to count on coaches etc to get the scores to you via emails/twitter/text or other form of communication that's out there LOL ... I don't BLAME you - I was making an observation based on the serve your paper has provided in the past ... heck NO OTHER paper even tries to post the scores ! you should be commended for a) trying to get the scores up on the site b) NOT charging us to see them LOL ...

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

The more I look at body of work....It becomes more evident that no one outside of Warren has a better body of work than the Trojans....how is anyone except Warren ahead of us in your rankings Mr. Pfloyd?? Forget comparative scores, look at wins and losses...period....Bottom line...With all due respect, we don't need a committee to tell us how good we are or are not. My school has been fighting perception for a long time...i hope the kids prove all the skeptics wrong in the upcoming tournament.....yet and still, good to have an outsiders opinion.....even if we disagree, lol

SportsGuyHCP
Waterboy

Post by SportsGuyHCP »

Thank you, we try to be up to date, but this time of the season is usually tougher than the start of it. This season has been CRAZY with all the postponements as in my 8-9 years of this I've never seen this many changes in the schedules. I'm really glad you like the site and we'll continue to improve on it.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jgordon0315 wrote:The more I look body at of work....No one outside of Warren has a better body of work than the Trojans....how is anyone except Warren ahead of us in your rankings Mr. Pfloyd?? Forget comparative scores, look at wins and losses...period....Bottom line...With all due respect, we don't need a committee to tell us how good we are or are not. My school has been fighting perception for a long time...i hoprle the kids prove all the skeptics wrong...

... you are more than welcome to start ranking all 72 teams in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... I'm thinking that being ranked #5 in Southern/SEOhio should tell you, your school,the kids that they are a very good ball club ... "fighting perception"? Portsmouth has won 5 state championships, have made recent deep runs into the tournament , not sure what perception you are talking about ... in my world the perception of Portsmouth basketball is second to none ... and as far as "a committee telling anyone how they are or are not" it's a committee of one - me ... and following ALL the teams in Southern?Southeastern Ohio is what I enjoy doing, ranking the teams? it's what I do , I enjoy doing it ... with all due respect to you - I believe you have to look at MORE THAN just wins and losses in order to rank teams fairly ...

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Pfloyd.....I also post the scores — both in the paper and on our website - for scores invloving all the SEOAL, SOC II and TVC-Ohio teams and ALL Southeast District Tournament games.

www.jacksoncountydaily.com

It's under "Scoreboard"

In fact, I have it up to date for usually a week in advance.

So please don't say that "heck NO OTHER paper even tries to post the scores", because I do and I know the Logan Daily News does as well.

Thank you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”