Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast OH

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast

Post by 93Bulldog »

HOW ABOUT AN ELITE 8 FOR FOOTBALL, FLOYD???

COME ON, YOU CAN DO IT.

WAIT UNTIL WEEK 3 TO RELEASE IT - YOU'LL HAVE A CHANCE TO EVALUATE TEAMS/SCORES.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironman: transfer coming to Oak Hill? I recently heard Portsmouth and Wheelersburg might have some "help" on the way as well, though nothing verified yet*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

art_vandelay wrote:Ironman: transfer coming to Oak Hill? I recently heard Portsmouth and Wheelersburg might have some "help" on the way as well, though nothing verified yet*
(s)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… "Storm clouds" have rolled into SEO basketball … I will wait for official word(s) to be posted from those in the know BUT "a" major shake up coming to the Elite 8 and the face of hoops for this coming boys season I'm sorry to say …

… with that said - and IF nothing is posted from "others" closer to the situations - I will post something a little later when I get confirmation from those involved who are closer to the stories than I … I AM looking forward to getting out to see some summer hoops across Southern Ohio in the June season - please feel free to post some of the shootout, scrimmage information for schools under the Lancaster-Dixon Line … thanks

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Sounds like transfers and graduating early to attend college!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I have heard the same things. Someone is graduating early to compete for an opening at the QB position at The Ohio State University. Someone else is broadening his horizons. And a pair of twins made the rich get richer. Ahh...you gotta love summer...where the grass is always greener, gym-rats are scattering, and the coaches get older (or younger depending on your perspective).

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth is pfloyd's preseason #1 for the 2014-2015 season, and although nothing is official and won't be until school starts, the Trojans roster could be bolstered. If the hot stove news comes to fruition, with 7 of the top 8 back to start with, an already very good PHS team could become scary good. We hear stuff like this every year at Portsmouth, but there seems to be some fire with the smoke this time around.......time will tell, though.

Coach Eugene Collins is 86-33 in 5 seasons at PHS, and should easily pass the 100 victory mark in the 2014-2015 season. He is currently the 6th winningest coach in Trojan history, and with 9 more wins will pass Portsmouth coaching legend Joe Suboticki (94-11, 1988-1991) for 5th place on the all-time wins list at PHS. If he can lead the Trojans to another state tournament appearance, which Portsmouth should make a strong push for this coming season, he will be only the second coach in PHS history to lead the Red and Blue to 3 or more state appearances. Richard "Red" Hopkins led the Trojans to state appearances in 1926, 1927, 1929, 1931, and 1934.

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

trojandave wrote:Portsmouth is pfloyd's preseason #1 for the 2014-2015 season, and although nothing is official and won't be until school starts, the Trojans roster could be bolstered. If the hot stove news comes to fruition, with 7 of the top 8 back to start with, an already very good PHS team could become scary good. We hear stuff like this every year at Portsmouth, but there seems to be some fire with the smoke this time around.......time will tell, though.

Coach Eugene Collins is 86-33 in 5 seasons at PHS, and should easily pass the 100 victory mark in the 2014-2015 season. He is currently the 6th winningest coach in Trojan history, and with 9 more wins will pass Portsmouth coaching legend Joe Suboticki (94-11, 1988-1991) for 5th place on the all-time wins list at PHS. If he can lead the Trojans to another state tournament appearance, which Portsmouth should make a strong push for this coming season, he will be only the second coach in PHS history to lead the Red and Blue to 3 or more state appearances. Richard "Red" Hopkins led the Trojans to state appearances in 1926, 1927, 1929, 1931, and 1934.
How is the injury to Allison? I heard it was catastrophic at the time but I certainly hope he is ok and can play. Never good to see and young athlete injured.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

sportslifelove: Kyre has been cleared to play, but is not going to participate in summer basketball for the Trojans at this time. He is presently working on his conditioning, but won't return to full basketball workouts for a while. He has plenty of time to get ready for his junior season.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hawkeyepierce wrote:I have heard the same things. Someone is graduating early to compete for an opening at the QB position at The Ohio State University. Someone else is broadening his horizons. And a pair of twins made the rich get richer. Ahh...you gotta love summer...where the grass is always greener, gym-rats are scattering, and the coaches get older (or younger depending on your perspective).
Burrow has been with the team all summer. I don't see him graduating early.

Would like to see pfloyd's top 8 without Ibi Watson however, since that is in fact official.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:
hawkeyepierce wrote:I have heard the same things. Someone is graduating early to compete for an opening at the QB position at The Ohio State University. Someone else is broadening his horizons. And a pair of twins made the rich get richer. Ahh...you gotta love summer...where the grass is always greener, gym-rats are scattering, and the coaches get older (or younger depending on your perspective).
Burrow has been with the team all summer. I don't see him graduating early.

Would like to see pfloyd's top 8 without Ibi Watson however, since that is in fact official.
I can't speak for pfloyd, but I would still keep Athens second. I felt when the offseason started and we looked at who returned from the top teams, that the two which stood out the most were Portsmouth and Athens. The loss of Watson I feel has closed the gap between an Athens and Circleville, as an example, but I would still give Athens an edge going into the season.

BIGTIMECOUNTRY
Waterboy

Post by BIGTIMECOUNTRY »

paint valley should have been in your elite 8 there flyod...return most to all and had a strong team... theyd give chillicothe,unioto,and peebles a good run for there money...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

BIGTIMECOUNTRY … Paint Valley is definitely on the radar for the upcoming season as the rumor winds have PV picking up some BIG help in the paint to take some of the pressure (& double/triple teaming) off of Mason McCloy … the addition of a 6-8 or 6-9 freshman helps BIG time … PV has the majority of their squad returning … so yep PV will have my attention early on in the season - are they Elite 8 ? they will need to "show me the money" ON the court … "eliteness" is earned NOT given … starting out the season at #18 "ain't" bad !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… some Pfloyd IMO's for off season discussion on what the Elite 8 should look like going into the 2014-15 season … keep in mind that ANY teams listed after the top 20 could be anywhere in the rankings … but it will make for some good discussion in the next 9 months …

… Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/Southeast Ohio - PRE Season …

1. Portsmouth

2. Athens

3. Unioto

4. Circleville

5. Peebles

6. Chillicothe

7. Miami Trace

8. Warren

… Treehugger Wannabes …

Alexander
Minford
Vinton County
Logan Elm
Coal Grove
Southeastern
Zane Trace
Piketon
Marietta
Paint Valley
Wheelersburg
Lucasville Valley
Chesapeake
Hillsboro
Eastern Brown
Adena
Fairland
Logan
South Gallia
Lynchburg Clay
Fairfield Leesburg
Symmes Valley
Nelsonville York
Eastern Pike
Trimble
Western Pike

… Teams on the End Table ...

… from here on out to the 72nd team is a wait and see situation … this is where YOU the "cheap seat" guys come in … what does the field of 72 have returning to the floor for 2014-15 ? AND what can we expect from the "newcomers" to the varsity teams ? …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… a little Mid Summer Preseason Picks for the leagues (whole or partial) that are made up of teams that fill out the dance card for trips to the Convo in the Southeast District … Who are your picks to be THE team to beat in each of the leagues ???

1. TVC Hocking
2. TVC Ohio
3. SEOAL
4. SOC 1
5. SOC 2
6. OVC
7. SHAC Bigs
8. SHAC Small
9. SVC
10. MSL
11. SCOL
12. MVL
13. ECOL

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

This should be fun!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:1. TVC Hocking
2. TVC Ohio
3. SEOAL
4. SOC 1
5. SOC 2
6. OVC
7. SHAC Bigs
8. SHAC Small
9. SVC
10. MSL
11. SCOL
12. MVL
13. ECOL
Is this your Elite 13 for leagues?

Both TVC leagues 1 & 2?

I like it.

:mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

That's what I was thinking Bulldog! Looks great!! :)

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Piketon will be better than most think.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Why is the SHAC divided into 2 parts?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”