Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Post by 93Bulldog »

Well Floyd ... If you don't have anything scheduled for Friday yet - I'm heading over to Nelsonville-York (which is a very short drive from Logan) to catch the Buckeyes versus Howie and the Lancers ... Its probably not up to par with some of the 'bigger' games and some of the elite teams you have seen thus far ... But it's always fun to watch Howie coach, they do have a 7' center, the Buckeyes are a pretty hot team right now (only lost to VC by 8 at home) and the new gymnasium in Nelsonville-York is a really good place to watch a game ... I've been their twice already and really like the set-up.

Just something to ponder if the slate of games is bare Friday.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Who plays tonight!?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I've got Fairland JVS putting a hurting on Alexander 42-20 starting the 4th qtr

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Fairland JV 56
Alexander JV. 32 final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

FAIRLAND 40
Alexander 19 intermission

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Fairland has a very nice ball club! good size with Salyers 6-5/Fuller 6-3/ Wooten 6-2/ Goodman 6-4 ... fundamentally sound defensively, work the ball to their strengths in paint - Salyers/Fuller ... excellent interior passing by the bigs ... I really liked the play of freshman guard Nate Campbell - outstanding defense on the ball, quick feet, no hands, for a player of maybe 5-7 height the youngster had 5-6 boards tonight ... Fuller can get to the rim or pull up for that midrange jumper ... Salyers looks like he can do whatever he wants gets to the rim off the dribble/can shoot the 2 pointer, didn't see him shoot anything beyond the arc BUT he is smooth enough to knock that down imo ... I told Coach Davis' dad who was taking in the game that I thought Fairland is well coached, plays with good discipline, they have two "go to" players in Fuller/Salyers BUT their role players are very good ball players as well ... the Dragons impressed me tonight!!! ... FHS deserves the accolades they are receiving ...

... Pfloyd's "Official/Unofficial" Napkin Stats - Fairland ...

Scoring : Evan Salyers 21, Blane Fuller 16, Alec Warner 13, Ryan Wooten 6, Evan Maddox 6, Riley 1, Goodman 2 ... +4 I left when FHS cleared their bench with 4:29 left in the game ...

3-Pointers: 2/6 ... Maddox 1/Warner 1 ... very deliberate offensively/didn't settle for the perimeter shot, always worked the ball AT LEAST into the paint ...

FTs : 9/21 ... the Dragons will have to do much better from the line to compete with Chesapeake in the OVC or expect to go very far on the Road to the Convo ...

TO's : 11 ... great handles on Mr. Campbell and Maddox ... not bothered by pressure ... Campbell has outstanding floor vision as the Dragons broke the Alexander press for 5 fast break buckets ... Campbell WILL make you pay ...

AtTheRim (ATR) : 17 buckets finished AtTheRim for the Dragons

Transition (T) : 3 baskets in transition ...

Fairland 69
Alexander 49 final

... Fairland could have scored as many as they wanted tonight BUT they ARE well coached and it showed in how the bench was used throughout the game - nice job coach ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... What about the high scorer for Alex? Did you happen to take scoring stats for the Spartans at all?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Braden Jones had 23 for the Spartans ... sorry ... 93dog, Alex was outmanned and outgunned in this one ... that 69-49 final could have been closer to 89 or so had the Dragon staff wanted to pump up the stats of their staters ... great job working in and out the FHS bench all evening so it didn't get out of hand ... met Chesapeake's Coach Davis' dad - he introduced himself to me as I entered the gym - very nice gentlemen he is ... say Howie and the Nelsonville coach scouting ... glad I went down - Fairland is one of those teams I can like - disciplined, excellent defensively, fundamentally sound ball club ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Cool ... Thx Floyd ... I needed that Jones stat for the TVC web site.

Its too bad you weren't able to get the full "ALLEY" experience ... Last year Athens vs Alex game was a complete full house, students in section 8 were going nuts, football players from both schools chanting at one another all night ... Its definitly a fun place when there is excitement in the air and a good game takes place.

buckingred67
Waterboy

Post by buckingred67 »

Sorry pfloyd I had to work tonight . So do you think my dragons have a chance against those panthers? Would have loved to talk hoops with the guru of SE Ohio basketball!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... buckingred67 ... would have been good to talk a little hoops for sure! ... I'm sure we will run into each other down the road before the season ends ... FHS has a team which can get to the Convo this season nice group of players making up that TEAM at both ends of the court ...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

12/22

Final

Ironton 53
Brookhaven 48

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Logan Elm 17 Beechcroft 11 after 1

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Logan Elm 37 Beechcroft 28 @ the half

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

Logan Elm 67 Beechcroft 51

Braves looked very good tonight vs an athletic Beechcroft team

Riffle had another strong performance scoring 26
Young 15
Vaginer and Pritchard both had around 10

Stiverson picked up win 200 tonight...I believe think they said his winning percentage at LE was 71%

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

12/23

Final

Ironton 62
Brooke Point, VA 58

Zac Carter did not play.

Trevor White made his way back into the Tigers lineup for the first time this season with 10 points and several Key rebounds..

Trey Fletcher had an amazing game with 38 Points.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Here's how the Elite 8 fared in the Week that Was ...

1. Chillicothe (0-2) ... loss at home to Portsmouth 43-45 , loss #2 coming to Akron Buchtel 50-68

2. Ironton (2-0)... 2 BIG time W's at the Ironton Classic 53-48 vs Brookhaven WITH Zac Carter... 62-58 win over Brooke Point out of Virginia WITHOUT Zac Carter (injured vs Brookhaven) ... Trey Fletcher drops a 37 pt game on the Virginians (3 treys included) ... add to the I'town mix Trevor White making his first appearance with 10 points and some key boards for the Tigers ...

3. Warren (1-0) ... an SEOAL road win at Logan 70-47 ...

4. Huntington (1-0) ... a KEY win over previously undefeated Unioto 48-42 ...

5. Portsmouth (2-0) ... SEOAL road win at the Hat in Chillicothe 45-43 followed by a Scioto County grudge match vs the Burg, PHS shows the youngsters of Coach Barrick how it's done with a 63-32 Trojan "W" ...

6. Logan Elm (2-0) ... big win over MSL rival Fairfield Union 61-46 ... Christmas Eve "Eve" win over Beechcroft 67-51 ... psst psst don't tell anyone BUT the Braves have found that they DO HAVE OFFENSIVE KICK => Riffle with 26 vs BHS/sophomore Young 15/Vaginer & Pritchard are both double digit scorers as well ... rut roh!!! holding opponents to 50 ppg or less AND offensively capable of putting up over 60 ppg ... Congratulations to Coach Stiverson on getting "W" number 200 vs BHS ...

6. Chesapeake (0-0) ... BIG BIG game on the river next week vs Ironton on the road ...

7. Unioto (0-1) ... loss to Huntington HS 42-48 ...

8. Peebles (1-0) ... "W" over fellow D3 Lynchburg Clay 58-46 ...

... how will this weeks action effect the Elite 8 lineup??? with the losses we know that there WILL BE movement UP and DOWN the ranking of the top eight teams ... should be fun when the committee of one - me - goes into seclusion to do the rankings this weekend ...

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Marietta loses to Bishop Rosecrans by 13. Very close game in the second half until Marietta had to start fouling.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congrats to Coach Stiverson on 200 wins.

LE went on a 20-9 run in the third quarter to nail it down. Riffle 26, Young 15, Vagnier 12, Pritchard 10. LE shot 30 of 53. They are starting to come together.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Circleville 59 Miami Trace 56 OT

Hamman and Amey with 17 each for the Tigers.

CHS now 5-1, which matches its win mark from a year ago.

@ Bexley Wednesday and vs. Westfall at the high school on Friday.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”