Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
bman
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Post by bman »

Yeah Westfall played 12 good minutes out of 32 against Greenfield. Definitely can't do that in either game this weekend. Obviously adding Stonerock back is a big key, but the defense the team played against Greenfield was the best in a few years.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Divisional Breakdown of Schools Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line

Division I :

Schools : Logan

Division II :

Southeastern High School, Chillicothe.

Schools: Chillicothe, Circleville, Fairland, Hillsboro, Jackson, McClain, Miami Trace, Unioto, Waverly, Washington (Washington C.H.). (10)

Logan High School, Logan.

Schools: Athens, Fairfield Union, Gallia Academy, Logan Elm, Marietta, New Lexington, Sheridan, Vinton County, Warren. (9)

Division III :

Waverly High School, Waverly.

Schools: Adena, Eastern (Sardinia), Huntington, Lynchburg-Clay, North Adams, Northwest, Paint Valley, Peebles, Piketon, West Union, Westfall. (11)

Jackson High School:

Schools: Chesapeake, Dawson Bryant, Ironton, Minford, Oak Hill, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, Rock Hill, South Point, Valley, Wheelersburg. (11)

Athens High School:

Schools: Alexander, Belpre, Crooksville, Federal Hocking, Meigs, Nelsonville-York, River Valley, Southeastern, Wellston, Zane Trace. (10)

Division IV :

Valley High School, Lucasville.

Schools: Clay (Portsmouth), Fairfield (Leesburg), Glenwood, Green (Franklin Furnace), Manchester, Notre Dame (Portsmouth), Scioto Community, South Webster, Western, Whiteoak. (10)

Wellston High School, Wellston:

Schools: Eastern (Reedsville), Eastern (Beaver), Miller, St. Joseph Central (Ironton), South Gallia, Southern (Racine), Symmes Valley, Trimble, Waterford. (9)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

So your no longer allowing 'just a league pass' to be able to crack the top 8 Floyd?

Well guess what? MORGAN GETS THE BOOT THEN!!!!! :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm guessing you are referring to Wahama , W.Va. being a member of the TVC ... I DID have that "foreign team" listed last season in the end of season rankings ... the committee of one - me - is contemplating their inclusion BUT the difficulty in getting scores, comparing "foreign" teams to Ohio teams, trying to get information across the Ohio/W Va border is difficult at times (do they have cellphones yet in W.Va ???) ... this weekend the committee will be going into executive session to discuss the Wahama situation ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I've got the White Falcons covered Floyd ... 16 of their games are versus the TVC-Hocking (so their is a great comparison) ... They are in the Wirt Co. tournament with some Ohio teams and they play Huntington St. Joe, which is a team that plays a lot of Ohio teams such as Ironton, Chesapake, etc...etc...

I will have ALL the Wahama scores: Ive got an 'inside source' down in Mason Floyd ... I will keep you well informed and I plan on seeing them up close & in person soon.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog sounds like a plan ... the committee will take a close look at WHS ... "foreign" teams on the Elite 8 ??? the Elite 8 going global ??? ;-)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Portsmouth Notre Dame 56
Northwest 34 final

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Now we just need to get you to 'annex' Shenandoah, Buckeye Trail, Frontier ... lol

BTW Floyd ... I'm about to 'show off' my dedication to high school basketball here by doing the 'unthinkable' ... I'm going to drive all the way to WATERFORD (is Waterford even in Ohio I wonder) to take in a big girls basketball rivalry game between Eastern and the Wildcats. I mean, your passion for boys hoops in southeastern Ohio is definitly un-matched, you have seen what, like 20 games already? lol ... But to drive down deep into the hills (or are they mountains down their) to Waterford Ohio to watch a girls game???? Man, that's just crazy I think!

But for arguments sake - and to convince myself I'm not really nuts - it is a match-up between the 2nd ranked team in the state versus the No. 4 ranked team.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... driving to where??? WaterWorld ??? - didn't Kevin Kostner get elected mayor there ??? ... for a GIRLS GAME !!! <= craziness to the nth degree right there 93dog ... I can give up one of my doc checkups so you can get in to see someone in the medical profession => I've got some pull here in Logan, at the James and Riverside "we'll get you the help you need" ... "step away from the keys 'dog" - SEOPs is here for you my friend ... LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... SEOAL Menu of games for this Weekend ...

Friday 12/9

Gallia Academy vs Chesapeake
Jackson vs River Valley
Portsmouth @ South Point
Warren @ Belpre

Saturday 12/10

Chillicothe @ Dayton Stivers
Logan @ Newark
Portsmouth @ Ironton
Gallia Academy @ Athens

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... driving to where??? WaterWorld ??? - didn't Kevin Kostner get elected mayor there ??? ... for a GIRLS GAME !!! <= craziness to the nth degree right there 93dog ... I can give up one of my doc checkups so you can get in to see someone in the medical profession => I've got some pull here in Logan, at the James and Riverside "we'll get you the help you need" ... "step away from the keys 'dog" - SEOPs is here for you my friend ... LOL
Uh yea, there wasn't a 'WaterWorld' Floyd - but I did go through a place called Watertown. I learned a lot trucking it over State Rt. 550 tonight - did you know there is a Layman Ohio? Yea, me neither. It sits right in between Bartlett and Barlow ... lol ... I seen 12 deer, 4 1/2 possums and I swear I spotted a black bear as I traveled deep into the hills of southeastern Ohio. Oh yea, the game: Waterford won 55-44 ... But Eastern played without their 6'1 center ... That's like watching Logan girls take on Pickerington back in the day without Tez Craft.

Did I just pull the Tez Craft card? Yep, sure did.

Best part about the night: Got to cross the experience off my 'bucket list.'

1. Go sky diving
2. Surf a California wave
3. See the Bulldogs beat Logan on the gridiron one more time.
4. Visit a foreign country
5. Attend a Waterford/Eastern girls game - CHECK

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Tez Kraft Card ??? that is digging deep right there ... #3 "ain't" happening would take pulling both the Tez Kraft AND Melissa "Coop" Cooper Card to get that one to happen LOL ... wow you were down where they play dueling banjo's (ie Deliverance) before the National Anthem ... LOL on the Black bear ... you didn't happen see the monkey that may or may not have been eaten by the Tigers that escaped from the exotic animal compound near Zanesville ??? - just a thought ;-p

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

About number 4, Canada is only a drop kick away!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Can't believe pfloyd is considering allowing pinko commy teams from "foreign" lands into the hallowed Elite 8. ;-)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... driving to where??? WaterWorld ??? - didn't Kevin Kostner get elected mayor there ??? ... for a GIRLS GAME !!! <= craziness to the nth degree right there 93dog ... I can give up one of my doc checkups so you can get in to see someone in the medical profession => I've got some pull here in Logan, at the James and Riverside "we'll get you the help you need" ... "step away from the keys 'dog" - SEOPs is here for you my friend ... LOL
Uh yea, there wasn't a 'WaterWorld' Floyd - but I did go through a place called Watertown. I learned a lot trucking it over State Rt. 550 tonight - did you know there is a Layman Ohio? Yea, me neither. It sits right in between Bartlett and Barlow ... lol ... I seen 12 deer, 4 1/2 possums and I swear I spotted a black bear as I traveled deep into the hills of southeastern Ohio. Oh yea, the game: Waterford won 55-44 ... But Eastern played without their 6'1 center ... That's like watching Logan girls take on Pickerington back in the day without Tez Craft.

Did I just pull the Tez Craft card? Yep, sure did.

Best part about the night: Got to cross the experience off my 'bucket list.'

1. Go sky diving
2. Surf a California wave
3. See the Bulldogs beat Logan on the gridiron one more time.
4. Visit a foreign country
5. Attend a Waterford/Eastern girls game - CHECK

:mrgreen:
Have they had their 6'1 girl at all this year.....scrimmages? I watched them scrimmage and don't recall a 6'1 girl.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They have two I92 ... Erin Swatzel and Katie Kellar ... I think they are more like 6'0 - I stood right next to Erin last night for a moment and we were about eye-to-eye and I'm 6'0 exactly.

FLOYD ... I didn't get conformation - we're you planning a trip over to McArthur tonight?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Freshmen game:

VC. 34
AHS. 22. Final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

JV