Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
bballin
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Post by bballin »

Minford over South Webster tonite 66 to 56 .. McBee with 32 for Minford and Loop 22 for Webster. Don't count this Minford team out of the SOC talk just yet. This team should be 4 and 1 going into break and only seem to be getting better each game..but a very good 3 and 2 ball club at this time

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Miller is actually your kind of team Floyd ... Undersized guards, but are fundamentally sound and don't turn it over much (SG pressed all night and they continued to handle it pretty good for being so young.) ... A Howie Caldwell quote "Miller coach Tom Bremer (first year) is one of the best young coaches in the TVC-Hocking."

The Falcons definitly resembled a 'desciplined' team - from where they came from the last two or three years ... Of course they made mistakes, it was expected - but they looked nothing like the Miller teams I have seen in the past.

Two, young scrappy guards, a great outside shooter in Abram and two 6-foot-4 post players ... Yea, they will cause teams problems this year ... And especially next year with most of these guys coming back.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

North Adams over Eastern Brown by about 10...low scoring game was only 33-23 at the end of 3 quarters.

Manchester over Fayetteville down 2 at the end 70-64. Fayetteville was down 2 at the end of the third.

Fairfield over Whiteoak, 70-49.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hillsboro 67
London 66 final ... the 'boro picked up win number 5 in a row ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Crazy games and scores.....the rankings could go all over the place.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looking for scores for the following games from tonight ...

Fairland (I'm guessing the winner but need a score)
Alexander

Northwest
Oak Hill (winner but no score)

Washington CH
Clinton Massie

North Adams (winner but no score)
Eastern Brown

givengo
Waterboy

Post by givengo »

Fairland (play wed. Dec 21)
Alexander

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I92 , you're right about the rankings ... Portsmouth goes into Chillicothe and gets the W ... Huntington holds serve vs Unioto ... Logan Elm shows upstart FU that they AREN'T ready to be an Elite 8 team ... Warren shakes off Logan at Logan ... Minford over South Webster ... Valley squeaked by the Burg ... Paint Valley soundly beat Zane Trace ... Reedsville Eastern beats Southern??? - go figure ... what's happened to Whiteoak? losing to Leesburg Fairfield tonight? - they may go back to WhiteOak soon I92!!! LOL ... Hillsboro is on a roll now with 5 wins in a row beating London tonight by 1 , 67-66 ... the committee will need a pot of green tea to do this weeks rankings for sure !!!! ... high school hoops - you have gotta' love it !!!! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

givengo!!! that is awesome!!! I can get down to see those Dragons then tomorrow night !!! ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Really Floyd? You would actually go to 'The Alley' to see the Spartans play Fairland?

Is Alex getting +20??? If so, I would go check that out ... otherwise, I'm not sure I would pay to see a really good team play a young team that is struggling.

BTW ... Here is a nice link to help you out in your 'scouting.' ... http://www.facebook.com/tvcohio

(It adds a nice visual to the whole scouting experience ... lol)

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Marietta beats Cambridge 49-38. Looked impressive against a good defensive team in Cambridge. Tough game at Rosecrans Friday.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

pfloyd wrote:givengo!!! that is awesome!!! I can get down to see those Dragons then tomorrow night !!! ...

If you do that you might as well stay down on the River and visit the Ironton Classic Thursday and Friday. Some great games are scheduled to be played. Ironton is scheduled to play two tough Teams in Columbus Brookhaven and a very good Brook Point, VA Team.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm 61, Fairfield Union 46
FAIRFIELD UNION — Fox 1-0-3; Stewart 5-2-12; Clark 6-6-21; Barr 0-1-1; Green 4-0-9. Three-point goals — Clark (3); Fox and Green. Totals — 16-42 9-14 46.
LOGAN ELM — Young 3-2-9; Cory Heeter 0-1-1; Moore 1-0-2; Vagnier 4-2-11; Pritchard 7-0-14; Riffle 9-1-23; Cody Heeter 0-1-1. Three-point goals — Riffle (4); Vagnier and Young. Totals — 24-32 7-12 61.
Quarter scores 1 2 3 4 F
Fairfield Union 7 7 10 22 46
Logan Elm 11 16 16 18 61

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Here Comes The Streaks! Piketon 79-39 over Adena....since the first game jitters vs. Huntington the Streaks has rattled off four straight wins at Westfall, at Southeastern (by 20), over Paint Valley (by 30), over Adena (by 40). Both home wins the Streaks could've scored 100 easy, but the games were virtually over in the first quarter. Looking forward to the Holiday Classic, this will be the measuring stick to see how good or bad we really are! :?:

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Im betting the Streaks are preety darn good!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog ... I didn't have the Dragons from Fairland ranked very high in the preseason BUT all of the posting has them being a very solid basketball team with the big man Salyers in the post leading the way for FHS ... hey 93dog I'm running outta time to see games this season my friend <= next Friday 12/30 will start my next adventure as I am scheduled for an echocardiogram, an MRI and a CT scan all in C'bus at the James the same day ... after those results come in, a plan of attack will be put together - I meet my oncologist TEAM at the James 1/6/12 ... my traveling Southern/Southeast Ohio will come to a screeching halt I'm afraid BUT until then I want to take in as many games as I can - it's what I do ... so a trip the Alley to see a young Alexander squad vs a good Fairland team - I'll still enjoy the game ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Fairland brings a good group of athletes in Evan Salyers, Nate Campbell, Evan Maddox, Ryan Wooten, Blane Fuller, Kyle Raines, Cody Midkiff, Eric Riley, Alex Warner ... does anyone have the Roster with the jersey numbers matching the names for Fairland? I have Alexander's from 93dog's TVC website BUT nothing on Fairland ... reason being that I DOUBT if there will be a program with rosters sold tonight at the Alley ...

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

Here is list of players
Alec Warner #10 5'8 Senior
Eric Riley #20 6'0 Senior
Josh Goodman #24 6'2 Senior
Ryan Wooten #50 6'2 Senior
Evan Salyers #33 6'5 Senior
Blaine Fuller #23 6'3 Senior
Kyle Raines #21 6'4 Junior
Cody Midkiff #4 6'0 Junior
Evan Maddox #22 5'10 Sophomore
Thayer Flynn #3 5'10 Sophomore
Luke Phillips #14 5'11 Sophomore
Philip Beaty #15 6'0 Sophomore
Jacob Warner #12 5'5 Sophomore
Dionte Braye #55 6'3 Sophomore
Nathan Campbell#30 5'8 Freshman

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... 93dog ... I didn't have the Dragons from Fairland ranked very high in the preseason BUT all of the posting has them being a very solid basketball team with the big man Salyers in the post leading the way for FHS ... hey 93dog I'm running outta time to see games this season my friend <= next Friday 12/30 will start my next adventure as I am scheduled for an echocardiogram, an MRI and a CT scan all in C'bus at the James the same day ... after those results come in, a plan of attack will be put together - I meet my oncologist TEAM at the James 1/6/12 ... my traveling Southern/Southeast Ohio will come to a screeching halt I'm afraid BUT until then I want to take in as many games as I can - it's what I do ... so a trip the Alley to see a young Alexander squad vs a good Fairland team - I'll still enjoy the game ...

Man that sucks Floyd! I truly hope things turn out for the better ... Heading down the stretch without you out scouting teams would be like a losing a star player right before the Convo. I can't even imagine heading to the district tourney this spring without Floyd sitting in his usual seat in the upper ring ... Lets hope and pray that it isn't the case.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks d2dragon for the roster with jersey numbers ! greatly appreciate the effort ... I'm armed with my own rosters for tonights game , will make out the "napkin stat" sheet to share on SEOPreps tonight after the game ...

... 93dog - it DOES suck ! you know me though IF I can be around in March I WILL BE !!! feeling a little defeated after a year long battle to this point, now taking a step backwards with the recent events ... but as in sports goals must be set - my "life" goal is to be back by the end of February and March - I have too many "napkin stats" yet to post !!! ... until next Friday I'm going to do what I do - high school hoops!!! ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”