Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Preseason 13-14

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Preseason 1

Post by pfloyd »

... I watched Alexander beat Huntington last Friday night - the Spartans will surprise teams this season ... a couple of bangers inside with 2 sophomores Shea Grgsby and Cory Chapman ... AHS had 4 players with treys Chris Wingett/Seth Richardson/Jordan Moseley/Cory Chapman ... Moseley is the spark for the Spartans as he has been since his freshmen year - he's a little bigger, stronger - gives 110% on both ends of the floor ... Coach Kearns played 8 players vs Huntington in that 48-47 Alexander win on opening day/night ...

... 93dog "one upping" the Purple Hippo <he posts scratching his head with a questioning look on his face>??? ... I get to see SEO's #1 team on opening night at the WarriorDome - doesn't get any better than that AND I'm not getting paid, I'm there because I WANT TO BE there :mrgreen: (ok the concession stand is pretty darn good too) ...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lucasville Valley 69
Ironton 39

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Warren #1 ... Floyd seen coming out of a room this evening with several Warrior's boosters - with dollar bills falling out of his pockets???

What do you mean you don't get paid? The only reason you probably went to the Warrior Dome tonight was to get your 'wheels greased.' ... LOL

LOVED HEARING "IT'S BASKETBALL THIRTY" TONIGHT ... I was struggling to get into hoops mode, but sweet Lou got me going with his patented pre game phrase ... even gave a shout out to 93Bullldog in the crowd!!!

Alexander - 60
River Valley - 36

Spartans move to 2-0

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ripley 45
Whiteoak 27

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

wow nice win for Valley!

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

LetsGoPSU wrote:wow nice win for Valley!

Valley is a force to be reckoned with this year for sure.

I was at the RV vs. Alex game last night also and Alex did a nice job with some things but man the game was very sloppy at times. RV struggled to get shots off all night although Twyman did a good job of attacking and being aggressive.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren 70
Meigs 35 final

One of those night & day games for Warren - a typical 1st outing ... Warren looked out of synch offensively in the first half as the Big 3 of Hall/Patton/French seemed to be trying to find the spots on the floor where they could score ( the trio had 17 points in the first half - Hall 2/Patton 6/French 9) ... while the offense sputtered - the rebounding was worse , none of the BIGS for Warren seemed to be in position to get boards at either end of the floor/ I would guess that Meigs held the rebounding edge in the first half ... Warren 12 Meigs 8 after one ... the 2nd quarter was more of the same poor offense movement for WHS early BUT (and there is always a "but") after the 4 minute mark of the 2nd Coach Maddox turned up the D - putting pressure on full court resulting in 8 2nd quarter Meigs TOs, French started to get into a rhythm (9 points in the quarter)... Warren 27 Meigs 14 at intermission ... Daylight finally shown thru in the 3rd as it was ALL Warriors - defensive pressure in the half court, the Big 3 with the flow of the game controlled by the Big Blue D were now in the passing lanes, in the paint to alter shots/in position to get boards keeping Meigs to the proverbial "one and done" ... Reece Patton took over the offense going 3 for 3 in the first 4 possession (8 points - 2 treys included) ... Warren started the quarter with a 12-2 run ... game, set and match ... Patton put up 14 points in the quarter with the Warriors hitting for 26 3rd quarter points ... Warren 53 Meigs 27 after three ... lots of combinations on the floor for Warren in the 4th - this one was in the books ... Warren 70 Meigs 35 a final ...

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Meigs

Scoring ... Kaleb Sheets 8, Damon Cundiff 7, Isaiah English 6, Jordan Hutton 5, Damon Jones 3, 2 points each for Johnson/Nagy/Phelps

3 pointers ... 1/11 ... Jordan Hutton 1

FTs ... 6/7

TOs ... 27

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Warren ...

Scoring ... Reece Patton 24, Evan French 15, Andrew Drayer 10, Michael Hall 7, Evan Kidder 6, Aaron Mazurkiewicz 4, Tanner Huck 3, Andrew Henthorn 2

3 pointers ... 5/15 ... French 2, Patton 2, Huck 1

FTs ... 12/14

TOs ... 13 ... 8 in the first half/5 in the 2nd half

... Aaron "Maz" Mazurkiewicz did a great job in the 2nd quarter and the 2nd half in distributing the ball , and leading the defensive attack in the half court ... I'll see Athens Friday night taking on these same Meigs Marauders - a good comparison of Warren vs Athens will follow ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... What is it with the weather guys ???!!!calling for a Winter Storm Watch for Friday/Friday night???? ... come on!- I've got basketball games to be watching !!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... only 9 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line have NOT hit the hardwood in the 2013-14 campaign for the Napkin Stats folks thats 85% of the teams Below the Line HAVE punched out at least one game in the young season while we have some teams having already played 3 games!!! most teams WILL have played by the end of this weekend - weather permitting LOL ... the first installment of Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/Southeastern Ohio will be out on Sunday 12/8 ... looking forward to getting the listings in shape - the first couple of weeks will show the most movement on the rankings as teams will be making statements as to where they should "actually" be starting out the season vs where the committee "thought" they should be based on "potential" sort of the experimental vs the theoretical rankings ... my new study here in the city is now covered with schedules, programs both past and present, napkin stat sheets ... and the Ouija Board has its own "place" of honor ... EVERYTHING the committee of one - me - needs to come up with the rankings of ALL 72 teams in Southern/SEOhio ... Sunday 12/8 NEW RANKINGS for Pfloyd's Elite 8 ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... if the weather cooperates Friday & Saturday this weekend I will have seen 8 of my top 12 teams on the Preseason Elite 8 rankings ... a pretty good bunch of teams to have seen that will enable me to make some quality "eye test" comparisons ( even though it is early eyes on games) ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!

Looking forward to the new Elite 8 ... this thread has been beat like a mule ... lol ...17 pages? Wow.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BTW FLOYD ... if you had plans on listening to the Trimble game, maybe on your way home Saturday, you may have to do it on the 970wath.com app.

We are broadcasting on 970WATH until the OU basketball game ends - then we'll be on both Power 105 and 970 (or wxtq.com and 970wath.com).

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just saw where the Round Town boys of Coach Goodyear picked up win #2 ... Circleville goes to 2-0 on the young season traveling to Bexley to get this "W" - bman your boys are going to be worth the trip to see this season for sure ... I just wrote Roundtown Tigers on a post it note and stuck it on the BIG board with a bullet ...

Circleville 60
Bexley 52 Wednesday final

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93dog I put BOTH the Power105 & 970WATH aps on my phone the other day so I could keep informed all season - I was going to use them for BB BUT I SUPPOSE I can listen to ANOTHER football game while I'm coming back from Southeastern Saturday night ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Circleville actually won 60-52. Smith 19 points, Giffin 11 points and 10 rebounds, Hugus 10 points and nine rebounds, Hill 8 points, Camp and Burroughs 6 points each.
Circleville wad 19 of 20 at the line, including 12 of 12 in the fourth quarter. Also outrebounded Bexley 29-17.

Bexley has a couple of real nice wings. Good team that went 14-9 last year and lost by 11 to defending state champ Watterson to start this season. I'd say they have a good shot in the MSL-Ohio.

Pfloyd, Look forward to seeing you going old school for the Logan Elm at Circleville game in the historic Mill St. Gymnasium next Friday. Come down to the high roller seats and look me up.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... bman that's the 2nd game in a row that Coach Goodyear has had double digit scoring from 4 players ... looks like a well balanced TEAM over there in RoundTown ... Logan Elm/Bloom Carroll will need to bring their "A" games when they face off with the Tigers ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Eastern girls - 89
Trimble girls - 7

The Lady Eagles are pretty good Floyd ... shoulda came to the preview to watch em.

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

OUCH!!! I probably should have and you will probably talk me into a girls game this season too ... too late!!! I saw the Alexander vs Zane Trace girls game at the Tip Off Classic ugggghhhhhhhhhhh ... Alexander looked good LOL - the freshman - Leah Richards was outstanding with 22 points ( I know napkin stats for a girls game too - you're a bad influence on me 93dog) ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just turned on the tv to see ALL kinds of watches/warnings/advisories for tonight/tomorrow/tomorrow night thru Saturday morning!!! from flood watches - to Winter Storm Warnings ... games tomorrow night ? yes or no ? ... they were calling for Lancaster to get 5-7 inches of the white stuff !!! here in the Hocking Valley only a Winter Weather Advisory ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TOP 3 GAMES OF THE 2012/2013 SEASON

1. Eastern girls beating Newark Catholic in the regional finals.
2. Athens girls beating Jackson for a district title.
3. Athens vs Warren in the district finals.

nuff said

lol

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”