Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Preseason 13-14

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Preseason 1

Post by 93Bulldog »

Just heard the date may be moved ... and I swear I had nothing to do with it.

;)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

OFFICIAL:

The Shriner's boys' basketball event will be held on Wednesday November 27th. The first contest is set to tip at 5 pm. Pairings have not been announced.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... that's great news 93dog! Shriners Preview to the 27th - the day before Thanksgiving ... can do that one as well - thanks for the date change 93dog - YOU obviously have some pull after a season of gridiron broadcasting for the TVC faithful ! :mrgreen:

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

2013-14 Miami Trace Panthers Varsity

Fri 11/22 SCOL Preview @ Hillsboro
Sat 11/23 @ PEEBLES
Sat 11/30 @ LYNCHBURG CLAY
Tue 12/3 vs VINTON CO
Sat 12/7 vs FAIRFIELD
Tue 12/10 @ CLINTON-MASSIE
Fri 12/13 vs WASHINGTON CH
Tue 12/17 vs HILLSBORO
Fri 12/20 @ EAST CLINTON
Sat 12/21 @ WESTFALL
Sat 12/28 MCDONALD'S HOLIDAY SHOOTOUT (Home) vs GREENEVIEW
Sat 1/04 @ NORTH ADAMS
Tue 1/07 @ MCCLAIN
Sat 1/11 @ SOUTHEASTERN
Tue 1/14 @ CHILLICOTHE
Fri 1/17 vs CLINTON-MASSIE
Tue 1/21 @ WASHINGTON CH
Fri 1/24 @ HILLSBORO
Tue 1/28 vs EAST CLINTON
Fri 1/31 vs MCCLAIN
Sat 2/01 @ HUNTINGTON
Fri 2/07 vs CHILLICOTHE
Sat 2/08 @ UNIOTO
Sat 2/15 vs BISHOP READY

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... that's great news 93dog! Shriners Preview to the 27th - the day before Thanksgiving ... can do that one as well - thanks for the date change 93dog - YOU obviously have some pull after a season of gridiron broadcasting for the TVC faithful ! :mrgreen:

I just called your mob connections, Floyd. They made it happen.

"I see nothing, I know nothing. Except that it has been moved." ... :mrgreen:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Just arrived home from McArthur and the foundation game between the Shermans and the Vikings. Unioto wins 75-54.

Both teams played super hard and have some major positives and negatives as well. I'm sure both coaches will use this as a building block to a successful season. I do hope that all schools are able to have foundation games as not only are they a great tool for coaches and teams, but a great way to give back to the communities as well.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Chesapeake vs Symmes Valley Foundation game went well. All proceeds to this event will benefit the Ashley Dennison family. Don't know he exact score but Chesapeake won by 3. Good hard fought battle by both teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Here you go pfloyd....courtesy of Stephen Forsha.

Greenfield McClain, Hillsboro, Lynchburg Clay, Fairfield and of course Whiteoak

http://highlandcountypress.com/main.asp ... tionID=428

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I92 ! great to see your post my friend ... thanks for the information from the west side of Rte 23 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Logan Purple schedule for 2013-14 ...

December

10 vs Lancaster
13 vs Jackson
14 Chesapeake @ Rio Grande
21 @ Portsmouth
23 @ Unioto
28 vs Bloom Carroll
30 @ St Charles

January

3 vs Gallia Academy
4 @ Teays Valley
7 @ Vinton County
10 @ Warren
14 vs Fairfield Union
17 @ Sheridan
18 vs Watkins Memorial
21 vs Alexander
24 @ Jackson
25 @ Golden Rockets Classic in Wellston vs ???
28 vs Sheridan

February

1 vs Portsmouth
7 @ Gallia Academy
8 vs Vinton County
14 vs Warren

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just read the article in the Lancaster Eagle Gazette that Fairfield Union coach Sky Brusco resigned ... FU will be coached by ex Lancaster head coach John Cofman for the remainder of the season (Cofman has been an assistant coach at FU) ... wow apparently this took place this past week ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Football in Zanesville tonight ... get back and log in girls basketball scores, have more girls games on Monday ... Shriners preview on Wednesday ... season openers Friday ... HOPEFULLY ANOTHER FOOTBALL GAME NEXT SATURDAY!!!

GO 'CATS

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... schedule a little time in there to breathe 93dog !!! LOL ... I'll see you at the Shriners Preview Wednesday - will there be time to chat or will you be signing autographs? doing some commercials? Nat'l interviews? :mrgreen:

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

feel your pain dog, had a playoff game last night, Penn State today and snow everywhere the eyes can see love this time of year

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

93Bulldog wrote:Football in Zanesville tonight ... get back and log in girls basketball scores, have more girls games on Monday ... Shriners preview on Wednesday ... season openers Friday ... HOPEFULLY ANOTHER FOOTBALL GAME NEXT SATURDAY!!!

GO 'CATS
Looks like the schedule is a go for the next 7 days ... lol ... throw in radio shows Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday ... hoops, football, football, hoops ... me head is spinning Floyd.

Is Thanksgiving really this Thursday?

holly crap.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog ... I would feel sorry for you my friend BUT I KNOW YOU LOVE IT !!!! - you started by getting into the TVC sports scene - it's part of you now ... you are "playing" yourself into being THE sports voice of the TVC - it's great to see/hear 93dog ! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... was bouncing around on the various threads here on the hoops forum, noticed the posts about the schedules that some of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line are playing , obvious TEAMS playing some BIG BOY schedules are Athens, Warren right at the top of the lists BUT I would like to throw in the "BIGS" of Lucasville Valley! - the Indians are taking on BOTH Athens (Beasts of the Southeast - in Chesapeake Jan 11th) and Warren ( Ohio River Classic - Marietta College Dec 21st) ... I believe Valley is also playing Unioto in the first weekend of the season ??? that's 3 of the Elite 8 teams - add Minford 2 times in the regular season ... I'm impressed with the Valley "bigs" putting their game up against the best in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... great stuff VHS !!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Athens is gonna be tought to deal with this year but PFloyd has it right Warren is by far the premier team in the area & will go back to Columbus this year

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

pbuck wrote:Athens is gonna be tought to deal with this year but PFloyd has it right Warren is by far the premier team in the area & will go back to Columbus this year
Whoa there my friend! Athens, Logan Elm, Meigs and Vinton Co from the Logan Sectional will all have something say about that. That's just to get back to the Convo. Throw in the Southeastern sectional with Unioto, Minford and Miami Trace and I say that's MORE than a minefield to navigate just to win a SE District title.

Also since a Cols team will now be in the Athens regional chances are that team will be defending state champion Cols Waterson or perineal state power Cols Brookhaven. In either case a tall tall task for any team. This year DII in Ohio is a bear. Most of the top teams all return a good portion of their 2013 rosters. Cols Waterson, Akrn St V, Dayton TM, Arch Bishop Alter and Athens. With 3 of the states top 10 DII coming out of the Athens Region getting back to THE SCHOTT will be a tall tall task for the boys in blue from Washington County. One I'm sure the kids and the coaching staff are embracing with a stern effort and due dillagense.
The schedule that Coach Maddox has put together will go a long way preparing the Warriors for a March run. A regular season that includes
Cols Bishop Waterson
Cols DeSales
Athens
Lucasville Valley
Fairfield Chrisian Academy 2X
WV Wheeling Park (AAA)
Portsmouth 2X
Logan 2X
Fairland

That's 12 games that I can see that'll be battles. Both Portsmouth and Logan have legit DI athletes so those games with league rivalry implications will be hard fought contest. The Athems game is one of the most anticipated regular season games in recent memory.
Can Warren get it done well they certainly have the talent but there are a bunch of really good teams that want to take that same trip.
Gonna be a great 2014 basketball season Below the Lancaster/Dixon Line 4sure !

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pfloyd- Unioto travels to Valley on Saturday as both teams opener. Unioto's game with Madison Plains was pushed back to later in the month.

Unioto has excellent size, but Valley has great size. It will be interesting how the Shermans match up with Hayden Dunn on the interior. The bruisers like Dunn will be the toughest thing for the Shermans on defense this season. This should be a battle between 2 of the better teams in the SE this season.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”