Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

Post by pfloyd »

cobbtown I HATE those kind of games when the referees are/or think they have to be " the show" ... sat thru a 3 hours affair last season at Nelsonville York vs Wellston 45 fouls called, player ejections, fan ejections - not what I paid to see LOL ...

... JImmy the Greek! THAT is awesome! glad to hear Coach Lisath has put one in the win column ... Coach Lisath is one of those great coaches and great individuals to boot ... wish him nothing but the best with the Polar Bears of Northridge this season ...

93dog ... the ALL KNOWING ALL SEEING Ouija Board will guide the committee of one - me ... :mrgreen: .. a "NO TIE RULE" is now in effect ??? LOL ... I will make it happen ( don't look now but they are calling for some type of winter wonderland issue Friday night and Saturday morning) ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No tie rule will be challenging Floyd ... lots of factors to consider, not just wins and losses. I mean, if you kick Zane Trace out - the Pioneers may not let you back at the ZT Classic ... lol ... a Logan Elm win over Circleville could help matters - but what if Circleville wins, and then LE beats Athens?

Have fun figuring all that out Sunday.

I'm just bummed I lost my 'small school' debate with Southern, that loss by the Tornadoes stung a bit. But watch out for Trimble, they don't play until the 20th - they could be a handful so long as everyone plays and stays dedicated.

SNOW?!?!? Me and ol Mother Nature are about to have it out. I would never harm a female - but me and her are going to have a serious problem if any more games get cancelled!

lol

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

The problem is College and High School. In College there is a new push and demand that all touch fouls be called or you get games taken away. IT"S NOT IN HIGH SCHOOLE, but some coaches and a lot of officials think it is. There is a difference!!! No one pays to see a free throw contest. That's up to the ELKS

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Official "unofficial" Menu of games for Friday the Thirteenth (is this an upset date??? full moon???) ...

Logan Elm @ Circleville
Jackson @ Logan
Fairfield Union vs Hamilton Twp.
Point Pleasant @ Gallia Academy
Fairland @ River Valley
Meigs @ Alexander
Eastern Reedsville @ Belpre
Northwest @ Oak Hill
Chesapeake @ South Point
Lucasville Valley @ Wheelersburg

Miller @ Waterford
Nelsonville York vs Vinton County
Athens vs Wellston
South Gallia vs Federal Hocking
Wahama vs Trimble
St Joes @ Raceland KY
Coal Grove @ Rock Hill
Portsmouth West @ Waverly
Minford vs South Webster
Portsmouth ND vs New Boston
Symmes Valley vs Green
Portsmouth East @ Western Pike
Eastern Pike @ Portsmouth Clay
Huntington vs Unioto
Paint Valley @ Zane Trace
Piketon vs Adena

... games in red are especially good contests between some of the elites Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

... that's all I could find ... need the schedules for the SHAC, SCOL or maybe the Highland County Press could print the weeks schedule of games early in the week ! LOL ... they do a nice job of getting the game scores up - I suppose I should be thankful for that and let it go LOL ... on the SVCsportszone website not all of the team schedules are given so I may not have some games listed from the SVC ... any help in completing the FULL MENU would be appreciated

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

athens78 wrote:The problem is College and High School. In College there is a new push and demand that all touch fouls be called or you get games taken away. IT"S NOT IN HIGH SCHOOLE, but some coaches and a lot of officials think it is. There is a difference!!! No one pays to see a free throw contest. That's up to the ELKS

LOL - I totally agree on leaving the FT shooting contest up to the ELKS ... the FT shooting I have seen so far is atrocious athens78!!! the best TEAM FT shooting has been Logan Elm ... Unioto lost to ZT last weekend shooting a dismal 9/23 - they lost in OT when the game should never have gone to overtime as the Sherman were 6/18 in regulation ... 50% FT shooting gives them the W ..BUT no ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ALL 'COMPLETE' schedules will be done and up for the TVC later tonight, Floyd.

I just don't know what you would do without your old buddy 93dog. 15 teams, schedules, results? all in one place? I think you should be handing over some of that 'pizza crossing money' for making your job just a little easier.

FREE THROWS ... one thing I noticed is how young some of these teams are this year. Young teams comes lots of mistakes, turnovers and missed free throws I'm afraid. They will improve, shooting will improve as the season moves along.

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballboy09 »

Lynchburg Clay at Eastern Brown on 11-13-13. Should be a real good one!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fairfield 62
Manchester 31

Notre Dame 48
Whiteoak 31

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

Fairfield @ west union on Friday. Interesting early SHAC match up for both teams.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

very happily shocked with the Trojans knocking off Warren, I have a feeling about this group of Trojans,keep improving each week.....should see them elite very soon

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks ballboy09 and White Thunder for the games from the SHAC scheduled for 12/13 Friday night ... as you both pointed out BOTH are big games on the west side of Rt 23 ... I've always been a Coach Beucler fan - his EB teams all start with DEFENSE , fundamentals at both ends of the court - Coach Beucler and his staff do it right - my kind of basketball ... the 3 ISN'T the only game in town offensively for EB, plays are run to get set up the midrange shot from the foul line, the foul line extended ... I thoroughly enjoy watching TEAM EB play the game of basketball ... Lynchburg Clay , Fairfield, and West Union are on my radar this season, as all 3 boast the potential to knock off the "old guard" of both Peebles and Eastern Brown ...Lynchburg Clay has Mr. Double Double Ryan Inman (15+ ppg) and Devin Pierce (almost 15 ppg) along with Gage Waits distributing the ball (6 apg) ... Fairfield Leesburg has 3 double digit scorers in Gage Montgomery (13 ppg), Joey Wilson (11 ppg) Blake Hildbrant (11ppg) with Ryan Bates right around 9 ppg pushing on the dbl digit mark - a good , balanced attack for FHS... the question still remains - will they get over the hump this season? looks like Friday night's games will give us more information to build a case for or against all 3 top dog wannabes in the SHAC ... hope the seops fans west of Rt 23 will give us the scores and napkin stats for both of these games Friday night ...

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

pfloyd, here's the SCOL schedule for Fri. i'll try to keep you up-to-date on the schedules. did you say you've seen MT already? if so, what did you think of the young Pettifords?

Washington CH @ Miami Trace...I will be front row for this one.
Clinton-Massie @ McClain
Hillsboro @ Chillicothe

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Sitting court side in Round Town ... Freshmen game just started the 3rd quarter with Circleville up 17-16 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Freshmen

Logan Elm 24
Circleville 19 end of 3

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

Pfloyd,

Enjoy the games this evening! I think you will also be impressed with Logan Elm's JV team. They have size and they are also athletic. They are coached by former Braves standout Evan Blake.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LE 29
Circleville 23 freshmen final

Open_post looking forward to seeing Coach Blake's boys in action... He looks official ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...just spoke with Coah Blake - he says his boys are ready ... He's a great young man and will be excellent court side for LE ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LE 8
Circleville 7 after 1 JV

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LE 15
Circleville 17 half JV