Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #2

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #2

Post by trojandave »

LetsGoPSU: Last night was an ugly loss for the Trojans (76-58), no way to sugar coat it.......I do agree with WarriorBlue about the Trojans being inconsistent at least to this point of the season. Last night, South Point beat Portsmouth in every facet of the game, and the Trojans never mounted a serious rally. The season, though, is only 4 games old.

I have seen the good in the Trojans, at Warren, and the bad in the Trojans, at South Point. Trying to draw some conclusion from those two games about how good is PHS is virtually impossible to do. I think as time goes the good side will show more often.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Friday night menu of games as I have them so far ... please add to the menu if you have others ...

Marietta vs Rosecrans
Lucasville Valley vs Oak Hill
Portsmouth West @ Northwest
Minford vs Wheelersburg
Eastern Brown @ West Union
Peebles vs Manchester
Athens @ Vinton County
Alexander @ Nelsonville York
Meigs @ Wellston
Southern @ Wahama
Trimble @ South Gallia
Federal Hocking @ Waterford
Reedsville Eastern @ Miller
River Valley vs Southeastern
South Webster vs Waverly
Chesapeake vs St Joe WVa
Portsmouth Notre Dame vs Western Pike
Symmes Valley vs New Boston
Green @ Portsmouth Clay
Fairfield Union vs St. Charles

... missing are SVC games, SHAC, SCOL games ... fill'em in ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Uh, Floyd ... the SVC has a web site buddy.

here ... http://www.svcsportszone.com/

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Uh, Floyd ... the SVC has a web site buddy.

... I know BUT they don't have schedules for boys varsity basketball on half of the teams in the SVC - very frustrating ... same with the SHAC/SCOL no schedules ... can't even make PLANS to go see games west of Rte 23 when there are no schedules to look at ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Huntington @ Eastern Brown
Hillsboro @ Greenfield McClain

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote:

... I know BUT they don't have schedules for boys varsity basketball on half of the teams in the SVC - very frustrating ... same with the SHAC/SCOL no schedules ... can't even make PLANS to go see games west of Rte 23 when there are no schedules to look at ...

Not sure why schools don't provide schedules to the site anymore. Honestly, I use the OHSAA site and the school search to find games. Takes a while, but you can generally find what you're looking for.

Friday:
Southeastern at River Valley
Madison Plains at Unioto
Huntington at Eastern Pike
Leesburg at Zane Trace
Piketon at Westfall

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Why are you looking Floyd ... only one game Friday ... Athens vs Vinton County!

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

BIG games for Friday night ...

Oak Hill taking on Lucasville Valley ... Valley's "BIGS" need to play a solid game vs the fundamentally sound Oaks while keeping their mind off of their Saturday night matchup at Marietta College vs the Warren Warriors ...

Athens @ Vinton County ... the Bulldogs ALWAYS have issue down on Rt 50 in McArthur ... VC found some offensive consistency last Friday hitting for 80 points vs Nelsonville York ... Athens led by Ibi Watson is looking for offensive answers as a TEAM - not sure I want to be on the short end of the score when the Bulldogs hit on all cylinders ... should be a good one Bulldog & dundas with the radio call ...

Alexander vs Nelsonville York ... 2 equally matched teams looking to keep pace in the TVC

Federal Hocking @ Waterford ... Waterford trying to stay undefeated for 2013-14 taking on a Coach Caldwell team looking for answers to right the ship - my money is on Howie and the Lancers ...

Minford entertains Wheelersburg in SOC action ... the Falcons will be playing their 3rd game in a row with there 6-6 Big in Mr. MCCray back from injury ...

Fairfield Leesburg @ Zane Trace - should be a dandy! SHAC vs SVC ... might need to do an "eye test" on this one ...

Madison Plains @ Unioto ... make up game from opening weekend action ...

... thanks daniC for the last 2 games !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Big Saturday night SVC makeup game has Unioto at Southeastern. JV tips at 6.

Zane Trace also heads to Frankfort to battle Adena.

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballboy09 »

Lynchburg-Clay at Fayetteville

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Symmes Valley 64
Eastern Pike 61

Symmes Valley got a quality road win. Symmes Valley improves to 3-1 & Eastern Pike moves to 2-2

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

understood dave,viewing from afar I notice a lack of consistant offense, twice under 60 and the most points scored at 66 ,hopefully the Good Dr shows up more often than Mr Hyde

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Saturday night, pfloyd's Logan Chieftains come to Portsmouth to take on the Trojans. Hopefully PHS will rebound (figuratively and literally) against the Purple after the lopsided loss to South Point........it will be my first look at 6-8 Kevin Fisher. The Trojans have an 8 game winning streak vs. Logan, but many of the games have been close. I look for a better, more intense effort from the Red and Blue on Saturday. With a win, the Trojans can go to 2-0 in the SEOAL.

Hope to see you there, pfloyd!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm going to miss the game in P'town Saturday night trojandave - heading to Marietta to take in a couple of games including the Lucasville Valley Indians vs Warren ... I will catch up to you again soon I'm sure tho as the season rolls on ... Kevin Fisher has lots of potential at 6-8 , not sure everyone involved knows how to deal with having a true BIG in the lineup ... as the season rolls along, the Logan perimeter people will figure out how to get Fisher involved on every trip down the court ... Fish needs touches, and the offense has to run thru him for the Purple to be successful vs quality teams ... look forward to seeing your post game rundown trojandave ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Marietta Classic.

9:00AM ... to ... 10:30PM

That's a 'Pfloyd kinda day' right there.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

danicalifornia wrote:
pfloyd wrote:

Not sure why schools don't provide schedules to the site anymore. Honestly, I use the OHSAA site and the school search to find games. Takes a while, but you can generally find what you're looking for.

Friday:
Madison Plains at Unioto
Leesburg at Zane Trace
Piketon at Westfall
That is Huntington @ Eastern Brown, not Eastern Pike!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

KrAm wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:
pfloyd wrote:Uh, Floyd ... the SVC has a web site buddy.

Friday:
Madison Plains at Unioto
Leesburg at Zane Trace
Piketon at Westfall
That is Huntington @ Eastern Brown, not Eastern Pike!

My bad. Just saw it as Eastern on the OHSAA site and picked the wrong one.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... com'on daniC! get your Eastern's under control! LOL Eastern Brown aka Eastern Sardina, Eastern Pike, Eastern Meigs aka Reedsville Eastern, Portsmouth East aka Sciotoville Community High School ... I'm thinkin' it took me a couple of years to be able to separate the Eastern's out to the point that I KNEW which was which LOL ... there will be a quiz at season's end however - summative assessment "for a grade!" none of this formative stuff just to see where you stand during the season - either you have it or you don't , there will be ZERO remediation :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... not into seeing any hoops tonight with the news of the loss of one of our own, Jesco White ,Josh Abrams , in a tragic car accident this morning in Scioto County ... going to stay home sit in front of the fireplace, listen to 93dog & Dundas do the radio broadcast of the Athens @ Vinton County game of the week ... going to listen in on the Lucasville Valley vs Oak Hill game as well - as it is being audio broadcast online ... I'll get it together to go to Marietta College tomorrow for some hoops action at the MC Ohio River Classic ... I will see the Valley Indians taking on the Warren Warriors tomorrow night ...

... I'll set up the pfloyd's committee of one score central tonight ... everyone be safe out there tonight with the rain in the area ... say a prayer during the national anthem for our friend "Jesco White"/Josh Abrams , his family, all the friends he had here on seops, and the Lucasville community/family who's hearts are pained with his loss tonight ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Eastern Reedsville is southeast of Athens near Chester on Rt 7

Eastern Beaver or Pike is on Beaver Pike off Rt335 about half way between Jackson and Piketon

Eastern Sardinia Rt 32 southwest of Hillsboro

Think this is close

When i started taking care of track results i was always getting these mixed up until some nice track folks showed me the way

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”