Belpre vs Trimble
Waterford vs Wahama
Southern vs South Gallia
Miami Trace vs Washington CH
McClain @ Hillsboro
Circleville @ Hamilton Twp
Logan Elm @ Canal Winchester
Bloom Carroll @ Fairfield Union

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Wk 7

Post by 93Bulldog »

I92,

your right about the loss to Wellston ... when it to comes to ranking teams - that loss hangs around the 'Dogs neck like a big fat albatross.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

odd Sunday night score:

Fort Frye 55, New Lex 38

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

On Tuesday in Meigs there will be a SE district rarity.....Father vs Son

Bob Kight and Jackson vs David Kight and Meigs.

MSL_Fan
Waterboy

Post by MSL_Fan »

You can add Circleville @ Hamilton Twp, Logan Elm @ Canal Winchester, and Bloom Carroll @ Fairfield Union to Tuesday's games....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:On Tuesday in Meigs there will be a SE district rarity.....Father vs Son

Another rarity is if the Ironmen go 0-22 and the Ironladies go 22-0 ... Tuesday's game is big for the Ironmen if they don't want that to happen ... although Meigs is a much improved team, the game is still has to be considered 'winnable' for the Jackson folk.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:On Tuesday in Meigs there will be a SE district rarity.....Father vs Son

Another rarity is if the Ironmen go 0-22 and the Ironladies go 22-0 ... Tuesday's game is big for the Ironmen if they don't want that to happen ... although Meigs is a much improved team, the game is still has to be considered 'winnable' for the Jackson folk.
I don't know...Meigs at home and playing pretty well.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

My beloved Piketon Redstreaks has lost three games by a combined total of 7 points. One without top player Zach Farmer...Another without Colten Williams who scored 21 points vs Lucasville Valley and the other to Eastern in the Holiday Classic with a chance to win or tie at the buzzer. I haven't seen Eastern Brown, so I won't comment on them other than they didn't have to deal with football or a Playoff run. The Streaks are rolling...with a tough schedule ahead....

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Jimmy the Streaks have to go one game at a time there quality of wins speaks for its self they should be the #2 without question they are playing awsome right now.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

lightle04 wrote:Jimmy the Streaks have to go one game at a time there quality of wins speaks for its self they should be the #2 without question they are playing awsome right now.
#2?????

I'm getting grief for having them at #4....how are they #2?

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

pfloyd wrote:...86Tiger... Warren played Upper Arlington at Marietta College in December, not sure if you consider Newark Catholic Southeast Ohio or Central Ohio but the Warren squad takes on NC tomorrow in the Rt40 Classic ... by far Ironton has taken on a "non SE Ohio" schedule with it's Fla swing over the holidays, play vs Columbus teams/ Akron Buchtel coming up, a WVa/KY contingent of teams as well ...

You can add another non SE Ohio team to the Tigers schedule......Ironton will face Flora MacDonald Academy out of Red Springs, NC at 7:30pm on February 1. The game will be played at Spring Valley High School as part of the Huntington Prep Tri-State Hoops Classic. MacDonald is the defending 1A state champ for the NCISAA.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

warrior90... Yeah, Sheridan made it to the Convo but Chillicothe crushed them last year. I think 93Bulldog might have it right, I am just not sold on Logan Elm yet, they seen too up and down for me. They are well coached but have lost some games to teams that aren't that good this year.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

lightle04 wrote:Jimmy the Streaks have to go one game at a time there quality of wins speaks for its self they should be the #2 without question they are playing awsome right now.
No, I don't have them at #2....yes if they were undefeated...but, my point is, I think they're even better than their record indicates, just started off with some bad luck, a lot of football guys making the transition and it took time to catch their rhythm. Unioto caught them without Farmer, Vinton County without Williams..but still should've won both games. No excuses for the Eastern game...we just gave that one away. And Eastern played a great game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens went to the final 8 on the gridiron ... no team in southeastern Ohio got a later start than the Bulldogs ... but that seems like ions ago - and I'm not going to blame the early season loss to Wellston on that.
Athens has been without one of its two starters from last year, a 6-foot-4 player to boot ... but when it comes to rankings that doesn't carry a lot of weight.

bascially Jimmy the greek & lightle04 ... your gonna have to deal with the 3 losses, like Athens has to deal with its loss to a .500 Wellston team, and just move on from here.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And Jimmy the Greek called me a Piketon hater. Lol

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens went to the final 8 on the gridiron ... no team in southeastern Ohio got a later start than the Bulldogs ... but that seems like ions ago - and I'm not going to blame the early season loss to Wellston on that.
Athens has been without one of its two starters from last year, a 6-foot-4 player to boot ... but when it comes to rankings that doesn't carry a lot of weight.

bascially Jimmy the greek & lightle04 ... your gonna have to deal with the 3 losses, like Athens has to deal with its loss to a .500 Wellston team, and just move on from here.

Valley got just as late a start.... :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:And Jimmy the Greek called me a Piketon hater. Lol
Hmmmmm ... a Piketon hater and White Oak homer with a Jackson user name?

your one confusing individual I92 ... lol ... throw in the fact you love the Ironmen (Ironladies), which probably means you hate Gallia - and have a long standing rivalry with Wellston?

Who is White Oak's rivalry with? I guess you could add that team to your 'hater' list too.

:mrgreen:

GOOD POINT 'CRABS BROTHER' ABOUT VALLEY.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lived in Jackson for 38 years....worked at Whiteoak for 15

I haven't a single thing against Piketon. Wellston is a big rival but not what it used to be and Gallia Academy is a league rival....but they don't like us more than we don't like them.

Whiteoak doesn't have a "Wellston"....every year they play their big brother Hillsboro in a highly contested game. Eastern Brown and North Adams over the years because they were all very good every year. Fairfield might be the biggest now.

And for truth and giggles you are a bigger TVC homer than I am any kind of homer.

Not real complicated.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Just because I think Athens is #1 and Vinton County #2 and Federal Hocking should be in the SEOP TOP 10 ... doesn't necessarily make me a TVC homer does it?

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great discussion/debate on the merits of the rankings (Athens/Ironton/Warren/Piketon/ EB etc) ... I feel real good about the rankings as they stand in Week #7, I feel they are accurate within +/- 1 either direction especially teams 1-25 ... if I am pressed about the accuracy I would argue for the merits top to bottom - the further we get in the 2012-13 campaign the MORE confident I am in the accuracy of the rankings - Elite 8, TreeHugger Wannabes and Teams on the End Table ... there IS lots of wiggle room left, teams able to move up the lists with BIG games on the horizon in each of the leagues around Southern/Southeast Ohio ...

... Ironton/ Warren? Elite 8 numbers 1 & 2 ... neither team has lost a game to a team Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... looking at their schedules the rest of the way neither team SHOULD lose the rest of the regular season ...

... Athens ... 2 loses ... Wellston/Warren ... Wellston was a hiccup / Warren? AHS was minus Ryan Leuhrman 57-60 , at Athens ... without the loss to WHS Athens IS tied for #2 on the list

... Eastern Brown ... solid defensive squad, sport arguably the best individual player in Southern Ohio - Chase Lawson ... Coach Beucler ... split with Georgetown, lost to Hillsboro on a night that Lawson was held below double digit scoring, the rest of the team couldn't hit the ocean on that night ... defensively EB held Hillsboro under the magic 50 point mark even in losing ... 14-2 speaks for itself ...

... Piketon ... 3 loses ... Unioto 62-66/Eastern Pike (neutral court) 51-52/Vinton County 60-62 ... in 2 losses OHS was shorthanded (Farmer-Unioto loss/Williams-VC loss) ... PHS escaped Southeastern 59-58/ZT in OT 71-66 a game that should have been an "L" I was there, saw the miracle at the Trace for PHS ... vs ZT PHS had major difficulty handling Beam in the paint (Farmer was on the bench due to foul trouble most of the game), losing to VC (neutral court) PHS lost to a severely undersized Viking squad (6th man Williams for PHS was sidelined with shoulder injury) ... in the mind of the committee of one - me - PHS doesn't unseat Warren for the #2 spot or #3 Athens ...

... Washington CH ... 3 losses to open to the season Waverly 58-59/Logan Elm 35-64/Madison Plains 62-65 ... the Lions have run off 11 straight "W's" ... nuff said ...

... Oak Hill ... Coach Persin, size, can do it on the blocks, have been able to score from the perimeter when needed, solid defense, fundamentally sound ...

... Miami Trace ... 4 losses ... tough SCOL schedule ... losses to Washington CH 61-62/Madison Plains 70-74/ Clinton Massie 40-59 (hiccup game) ...

... Lucasville Valley ... 3 losses ... Ironton 50-84/Piketon 73-78 (less than a week back from football field)/ Oak Hill 48-65 ... Valley has worked their way in/out of the Elite 8 ALL season! showing signs of what they can be when it counts ... start the season 1 week later? it would be interesting to see the outcomes of the early losses ...

... Eastern Pike ... 2 losses ... the Eagles have worked their way up through the TreeHugger Wannabes ( I believe starting the preseason at #25) ... big wins of late vs Piketon/Symmes Valley/Portsmouth ND ... Piketon (neutral court)/Portsmouth ND (road win)/ 14 point win vs Symmes Valley/ throw in a road win vs Waverly before knocking off Piketon ... solid TEAM ... LEARNED BIG from their 79-43 loss to Africentric to end their season last year - using their edge in crunch time right now during the 2012-13 campaign ... deserving of their EARNED #8 ranking ...

... that's the top 8 on the list but as I've posted I feel very good about the rankings for the next 17 spots , for that matter I feel good about taking the rankings through 71 this late in the season as well ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”