Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 5

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 5

Post by pfloyd »

lightle04 ... I view the highlighted in red games as "big" games ...

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Ok buddy makes perfect since. My brain was froze up.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

lots of things on the agenda for tonight, should be fun tocheck in tommorow morning

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LetsGoPSU ... it seems every night of hoops action has quality/meaningful/big games being played ... with the mantra "ANY team can beat ANY other team on ANY night" seemingly being the cliche' of the season - BIG games can be watched from the cheap seats on any given night - gotta love it as a cheap seat guy ... I love the fact that EVERY team on all of the Elite 8, Treehugger, End Table lists has to bring their "A" game EVERY game (i.e. previously winless Adena knocking off Unioto this past weekend) ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

last night I was up at McAfee Gymnasium and watched two teams (Athens & Jackson girls) with a combined record of 22-1 ... tonight I get to see two more (Athens/Warren) with a combined record of 15-2 ... life is good in the 'cheap seats' for this ol dog.

lol

I am a little upset though ... I tried taking my sleeping bag and pillow - and was just gonna camp out in the bleachers - but the janitors kicked me out ... :(

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

93Bulldog wrote:last night I was up at McAfee Gymnasium and watched two teams (Athens & Jackson girls) with a combined record of 22-1 ... tonight I get to see two more (Athens/Warren) with a combined record of 15-2 ... life is good in the 'cheap seats' for this ol dog.

lol

I am a little upset though ... I tried taking my sleeping bag and pillow - and was just gonna camp out in the bleachers - but the janitors kicked me out ... :(
if the janitors kicked you out, it looks like you did get a start

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

lol ... I was already well asleep and dreaming of an Athens victory tonight ...

stupid janitors had to go and ruin it.

oh well, the 'Dogs can make it reality here in a few hours ... don't forget another big game taking place in the TVC tonight - Vinton County @ Wellston - huge game for the blue & gold.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren Warriors

Evan Yabs
Danny Pannell
Michael Hall
Evan French
Reece Patton
Dylan Leffingwell
Andrew Drayer
Church
Newlon

Athens Bulldogs

Joey Burrow
Zacchia Saltzman
Ibi Watson
Adam Leuhrman
Jared Elmore
Ryan Leuhrman
Sawyer Summers
Trae Williams
Stewart
Macek
Buck

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I see your ready Floyd ... atta boy ... lol ... get those pencils sharpened, jump in the tour bus and start heading south here soon!

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Marietta travels for a league game @Meadowbrook. Not sure what type of team the Colts are this year but this should be a W for the tigers to improve to 6-4 before 2 tough league home games against Claymont and New Philly on 1/11-12. Hopefully the tigers can get 2 out of 3 or even all 3 going into the big home game a week from today against that team out 550 :122249

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Floyd Coal Grove improves to 9-2 with a nice OVC win against South Point

Coal Grove 64
South Point 55

Alex Bare leads all scorers with 30 points

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... you may want these:

Tri-Valley - 51
Sheridan - 36

Crooksville - 61
Morgan - 42

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren 60
Athens 57 final

... The Battle for top seeding in the Logan Sectional went to the Warren Warriors tonight as Warren sent the Athens Bulldogs to their 2nd home loss out of 2 tries this season Warren 60 vs Athens 57 ... a well played high school basketball game tonight at McAfee Gynasium between 2 quality teams in Southeast Ohio - both teams sporting some of the best underclassmen talent you will find Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line : Athens showcasing Joey Burrows, Zacchia Saltzman, Ibi Watson, Adam Leuhrman ... Warren countering with Michael Hall, Evan French, Reece Patton, Adam Lang ... I had a smile on my face knowing that ALL of these youngsters will be back for us to watch next year and beyond for Athens squad ...

... at no time during this one did either team have a lead they could sit on or a lead that would allow either to pull away - the outcome was destined to be decided in the final 15 seconds ... Athens took the early 1st quarter lead on the shooting of sophomore Joey Burrow (6 pts in the quarter) while Warren kept Athens within reach with the smooth stroke of Reece Patton (4 its in the first) ... Athens 13 Warren 10 after 1 quarter ... Athens warmed up from behind the arc in the 2nd as Burrow and Sawyer Summers combined for 3/5 shooting from downtown ... Warren found points from behind the 3 point line hard to come by as the Warriors were 0-9 in the first half ... the Warriors kept Athens in their sites on points in the paint from Dylan Leffingwell/Andrew Lang both with 4 points each in the 2nd ... Athens 31 Warren 25 at intermission ... Coach Maddox's squad made things immediately interesting as WHS started the 3rd on a 5-0 run taking the ball to the rim - Leffingwell/Patton/French ... Athens came back with Ibi Watson/Joey Burrows/Zaccia Saltzman building the Athens lead to 9 points before Warren's duo of Patton/French took care of the offense (15 pts in the quarter) bolstered by 5 Bulldog turnovers forced by Warrior pressure after made baskets ... Athens 46 Warren 45 after three ... the 4th quarter played out as close as the game was advertised - 2 evenly matched teams - at the 6:06 mark the scoreboard showed 50-50 ... Warren looked to take control down the stretch as WHS took a 4 pt lead at 3:20 on the clock 55-51 Warren ... Athens forced another tie a 55-55 on an Adam Leuhrman put back with 1:36 on the clock - time out Warren ... the Warriors set up the half court offense with French getting a perfect feed on the pick & roll - easy 2 pts Warren 57 Athens 55 ... the lead lasted 35 seconds as Athens deadlocked the score at 57-57 with 1:01 to play - can you say OT ... Athens had on opportunity to take the lead with under 20 seconds to play - a three point shot from the top of the key hit off the rim, rebound Warren, timeout Warren with 14.7 seconds to play ... coming out of the TO Warren swing man Michael Hall knocked down only his 2nd basket of the game Warren 59 Athens 57 ... Athens was able to get into the paint, get up a shot, rebounded by Evan French who made one of two FTs to end the battle for top seeding in the Logan sectional Warren 60 Athens 57 a final ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Athens ...

Scoring : Joey Burrow 26, Ibi Watson 11, Zacchia Saltzman 9, Sawyer Summers 6, Adam Leuhrman 3, Jared Elmore 2

3 Pointers : 6/20 ... Burrow 3, Summers 2, Watson 1

FT's : 9/11

TOs : 17

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Warren ...

Scoring : Evan French 22, Reece Patton 18, Dylan Leffingwell 9, Adam Lang 7, Michael Hall 4

3 Pointers: 1/17

FT's : 7/15

TOs : 13

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Ironton 65 Gallipolis 36

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

wow what a game and a great recap!!

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Eastern over Peebles by 13. 75-62
Whiteoak over Manchester by about 9. around 54-45 I believe

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

1/11 Friday night action:

Logan @ Portsmouth
Jackson vs Warren
Gallia @ Chillicothe
Adena @ Paint Valley
Huntington @ Piketon
Zane Trace @ Southeastern
Westfall @ Unioto
Manchester @ West Union
Fayetteville @ Lynchburg Clay
Peebles @ Ripley
Fairfield Leesburg @ North Adams
Eastern Brown @ Whiteoak
Athens vs Alexander
Nelsonville York @ Meigs
Reedsville Eastern @ Belpre
Miller @ Wahama
South Gallia @ Federal Hocking
Waterford vs Trimble
Sheridan @ Crooksville
New Lexington @ John Glenn
Logan Elm @ Amanda CC
South Point vs River Valley
Fairland vs Coal Grove
Chesapeake vs Rock Hill
Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill
Portsmouth West @ Minford
Lucasville Valley @ South Webster
Waverly @ Northwest
Eastern Pike vs Green
New Boston @ Portsmouth East
Notre Dame vs Portsmouth Clay
Western Pike vs Symmes Valley
Miami Trace @ Clinton Massie
Madison Plains @ McClain
Washington CH @ London
East Clinton @ Hillsboro

1/12 Saturday night’s menu :

Chillicothe @ Gahana Lincoln
Portsmouth @ Piketon
Adena @ Lucasville Valley
Western Pike @ Paint Valley
Greenfield McClain @ Unioto
Ironton @ Peebles
Eastern Brown vs Logan Elm (Beast of the Southeast, Chespeake)
Blanchester vs Lynchburg Clay
Athens vs Fairland (Beast of the Southeast, Chesapeake)
Nelsonville York @ Trimble
Vinton County vs South Webster (Beast of the Southeast, Chesapeake)
Southern vs Rock Hill
South Gallia @ Hannan
Wahama vs Waterford
Crooksville @ Granville Christian Academy
Sheridan @ Columbus Miflin
Bloom Carroll @ Circleville
Fairfield Union @ Canal Winchester
Chesapeake vs Waverly (Beast of the Southeast, Chesapeake)
Green vs St. Joseph
Jonathan Alder @ Washington CH

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Waverly playing spoiler of late beat Oak Hill then Webster . And then Oak Hill exacts revenge on Valley. Great early season we have been treated to.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... on a side note to last night's Warren @ Athens game- BESIDES being a great high school basketball game it was a plus to get a chance to chat with Coach Maddox, his lovely wife Sally, Coach Duckworth, Coach Mitchell and many other Warren faithful - all great people ... AND then there is 93bulldog! - I count 93dog a good friend going back to the "huddle" days on both the football/basketball forums ... we have watched many football/basketball games together over the years, talked a lot of hoops in recent years, and enjoyed the 3 Weeks of the Convo for many years as well - its ALWAYS a good thing to meet up you 93dog ... we will meet up again down the road soon ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog & Co... you will need to hold down the fort until late next week as I will be admitted back into OSU Medical Center/the James Cancer Hospital Thursday morning ... I will take my iPad but as history shows the stay doesn't afford much in the way of being able to get on a computer - side effects etc. ... as far as the Elite 8 ? I will have to either wait for a week to do Week #6/#7 together or do Week #6 by Thursday of next week - we will see how I feel ... I have the menu of games going with me so I should be able to keep track of the scores as long as everyone continues to post results this Friday/Saturday/Next Tuesday nights ... sorry for the disruption in the rankings but the committee of one - me - will do its best to stay up with the hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line this weekend from OSU ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”