Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Post by nice guy »

southeastern over zane trace 48-44.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

XandOs THAT St. Joe's win over Wellston is a huge "W" St. Joseph in the eyes of the committee of one - me ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... crack - Southeastern NEEDED the win tonight badly after dropping 2 games last week ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a few more ...

South Gallia 46
Reedsville Eastern 34

London 51
Greenfield McClain 39

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Vinton County 72
Gallia Academy 52

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Eaglepapaw wrote:Belpre 50 Southern 47, maybe 93dog will get off your back about Southern now Pfloyd
I don't know about that ... I was at the game tonight and don't look at Southern any differently even though they lost ... Belpre just moves up my 'like' list ... lol ... They both are very good basketball teams ... One team hit their free throws down the stretch - one team did not ... It happens all the time in basketball at every level.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... "one team hits their free throws down the stretch one doesn't" - very profound 93dog !!! hmmmm I watched my Purple lose to Lancaster Saturday night shooting themselves out of a W by going only 16/33 from the line ( the Purple lost by 4 points) ... a little EXTRA practice paid off at the line tonight as the Purple were 18/22 from the line picking up the 83-59 win over Alexander ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren 72
New Lexington 47

Logan Elm 44
Washington CH 36

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

From seeing your scores being reported Floyd ... Your digging that link I sent you aren't ya buddy? lol

Southern/Belpre ... Although I thought Southern should have 'sealed the deal' after leading most of the game - then having a chance to stay on top via free-throws ... I have to admit, Belpre is sneaky good and earned that win in the last 3:00 minutes ... What's impressive about Belpre - they were supposed to be a year away! Most of their star players are underclassmen ... They will be very, very good next year and even the year after.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... THAT link IS awesome 93dog ... the Dispatch USED TO list the scores this way BUT not anymore - having to go to a "foreign" country to get Ohio scores? - boggles the mind I tell you LOL ...

Portsmouth East 51
Portsmouth Clay 45

North Adams 58
Lynchburg CLay 42

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Here is a 'foreign' score with a local flavor ...

Wahama - 75
Fed Hock - 67

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog ! what do you think of the Ironton St. Joseph win over Wellston ??? ... a one point win for the Flyers over the Rockets might have come down to FT's in that one tonight as well ...

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

pfloyd wrote:XandOs THAT St. Joe's win over Wellston is a huge "W" St. Joseph in the eyes of the committee of one - me ...

What a game. SJ was down 2 and hit a 3 with 2.7 seconds left to give them the W. Wellston has some nice players, #15 is a shot blocking machine and has a nice touch from the outside. He played a great game and changed the inside game of the Flyers. Mahlmeister, for SJ, had 41, including the 3 to win it.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... openings this week in the Elite 8 ??????? ... "L's" have shown up for a few Elite 8 teams EARLY in the Week that IS ...

Waverly #8 starting the week loses to Oak Hill 59-65 ...

Hillsboro #7 loses to Miami Trace 50-55 ...

#5 Chillicothe loses to OCC foe Gahanna 44-65

Winners in the Elite 8 : Ironton, Warren, Lucasville Valley, Logan Elm

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... 93dog ! what do you think of the Ironton St. Joseph win over Wellston ??? ... a one point win for the Flyers over the Rockets might have come down to FT's in that one tonight as well ...

Its not too surprising - Wellston hasn't been giant killers on the road this year.

What is does is cause a ripple effect in the sectionals Ive been keeping track of ... Everyone in the DIII sectional at Athens keeps losing (Wellston, Southeastern, Nelsonville-York lost to Alex a week ago ... I mean geeeeez, its getting crazy in that sectional ... lol ... The one team that everyone slept on (Belpre) may just jump up and grab that #1 ... Which is incredibly important cause it means you won't face Peake, Ironton or Portsmouth at the Convo in game 1 ... (as long as you win your sectional of course).

Meanwhile .. I. St. Joe is in the Meigs DIV sectional - and this win definitly moves them up the board, especially with South Gallia slipping a little lately ....

Lots to keep track of Floyd ... Its how I make the time go faster till its 'BASKETBALL THIRTY!!!'

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

XandOs ... sounds like a great high school basketball game - that's why we love this game from the Cheap Seats !!! ...

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warren has a fairly easy time with New Lex tonight....they have a couple of nice players (30 and 22) but could not match the Warriors fire power, even with starting guards Hastie and Ward on the shelf nursing some injuries....REECE PATTON AND EVAN FRENCH LED THE WAY WITH 16 APIECE!! Seems like somebody new each game....Logan comes to town Friday night!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

‎Eastern Brown over St.Patrick 83 to 56

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Nice win for Circleville over Jackson on the Ironmen's home court. CHS clinches first winning season since 2008. Hamman 19 points, Burroughs 16 and Moats 8 for the red-and-black.

Logan Elm with a win over at Washington Court House. Really thought LE would take this one with ease, but they have not been a good road team this season. Better play better on Friday at Fairfield Union or Coach Brusco's squad could come away with a win.

Westfall continues to play better, but Unioto a little too much in the Land of the Tanks.

Friday we have Circleville at Teays Valley, Westfall at Southeastern and LE going to West Rushville.

That is it from the great NW territory.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If Westfall makes layups, its likely a different game against Unioto(although, Unioto miSed 20+ FTs, but you get the point) and they appear to be much improved. They aren't going to be an easy out for the 1/2 seed at Waverly. Lots of athletes, who play hard and follow their excellent gameplans as well. If they can execute a little better down the stretch, they can make a surprise Convo run, IMO.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”