Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
bman
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by bman »

Smeltzy, yeah the lack of an inside game was apparent when LE played FU the first time. And LE's is not the best in the league. FU is a good four or five away from being a good team, but from watching them some, they'll lose a piece off this year's team and it seems like there isn't a ton coming up in the immediate future. It comes back to that patience word. Some have it and some don't.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10 ...

1. Chesapeake (16-1)

2. Portsmouth (15-2)

3. Warren (13-2) / Ironton (13-4)

4. Lucasville Valley (15-2)

5. Logan Elm (12-4)

6. Eastern Brown (13-4)

7. Fairland (13-4)

8. Peebles (14-2)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

(11-6) Chillicothe
(12-4) Circleville
(12-4) Unioto
(13-4) Hillsboro
(13-4) Waverly
(12-5) Huntington
(11-5) Piketon
(11-4) Belpre
(12-3) Southern
(14-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame
(8-7) Fairfield Union
(11-6) Sheridan
(10-6) Southeastern
(12-4) Eastern Pike
(9-6) North Adams
(8-8) Marietta
(8-7) South Webster
(11-5) Minford
(10-6) Manchester
(11-6) Oak Hill
(8-8) Lynchburg Clay
(8-8) Zane Trace
(9-6) Vinton County
(9-6) Fairfield Leesburg
(7-8) Miami Trace
(10-5) Wellston
(7-9) Jackson
(8-7) Wahama
(9-7) South Gallia
(5-12) Logan
(10-6) Nelsonville York
(8-7) Athens
(8-6) Waterford
(6-12) Westfall
(6-11) Whiteoak
(8-8) Federal Hocking
(7-9) New Lexington
(7-9) South Point
(9-8) Rock Hill
(7-9) Washington CH
(5-12) Greenfield McClain
(5-12) Paint Valley
(10-7) Coal Grove
(9-5) New Boston
(6-10) Symmes Valley
(4-11) Wheelersburg
(4-12) River Valley
(6-9) Portsmouth East
(9-7) St. Josephs
(4-10) Franklin Furnace Green
(3-10) Miller
(4-11) Crooksville
(4-12) Portsmouth West
(4-13) Alexander
(4-11) Reedsville Eastern

... Teams on the End Table ...

(1-15) Adena
(3-13) Gallia Academy
(1-16) Meigs
(2-13) Trimble
(2-15) Western Pike
(1-15) Northwest
(1-15) Portsmouth Clay
(0-15) West Union

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... Any chance of you being well enough to venture over to the Logan sectional? With 4 teams coming out of their, not sure there will be much intrigue or drama - but there might be one or two games worth watching ... I'm sure SHERIDAN, VINTON COUNTY, MARIETTA & FAIRFIELD UNION will be matched-up against each other in form or another - those two games would be fun to watch. IMO

I thought maybe being in your backyard - you could possibly get out to see a game or two ... I mean, if you have to come over in your purple robe & hippo slippers - its cool - we won't make fun of ya ... lol ... Just leave the purple Chieftain under-roooooos as home - not sure I could really handle that image you know.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Pfloyd, so good to see your posts....Warren is now 14-2 with the win at Gallia, on to Jackson Friday....a big week next with Marrietta away and Chilli at HOME!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93dog !!!!... Purple Hippo Under-rooooooos AND the Monkey Slippers go where pfloyd goes or Pfloyd "ain't" goin'!!! LOL ... although I'm sure the Under-rooooos will cost me extra to get in the door - alright! maybe Hippo shirt AND white Chuck Taylors will be the attire of choice just to hold down the crowds in the concession area ... HECK YEAH!!!! I'm going to be at the sectional 93dog !!! I'm getting out somewhere this weekend as well ... you trap a gymrat in a hospital, then house for a week - let's say it is not a pretty picture LOL ... I have to get out there somewhere LOL ...

warriorfrosh AND it feels good being ALMOST back in the loop again as well - thanks !!! ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sweet ... Glad your heading over to the sectional and glad your going to be wearing 'cloths' ... lol ... We covered this sectional frontward-and-backwards on tonights WATH SPORTSFAN ... Check out the podcast later on if your bored and going through 'basketball withdrawl' Floyd ... The podcast link will be here when he gets it done: http://southeasternohiopreps.com/forum/ ... =4&t=86602

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Great !!! - I'll definitely give a listen to the podcast ... you're a pro at doing these things now aren't you??? ... you know your stuff to start with AND you don't have a problem "yacking" either LOL ... seriously - your WATH TC programs and those you have done with the VC folks are always informative for sure ... keep up the great work ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

"Don't have a problem with yacking' ... lol ... Is that in reference to me 'yacking' in your ear at the Convo while your trying to watch the game and keep stats??? Come on now Floyd - your a pro - you can handle multi-tasking when it comes to hoops. As far as tonights podcast - it is pretty good - its a complete run-down of the upcoming tournament and it was done also with Kevin Wiseman (sports editor at the Messenger) ... Anytime all three of us get in their - the show has turned out well.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

I only mentioned a complex because that was an impromptu rant by Peake Hoops! We aren't ranked anywhere ahead of Chesapeake in none of the polls that I've seen, including Pfloyd's list. However, he felt the need to mention us as if we are ahead. As a Portsmouth fan, I'm mainly focusing on us. Not Chesapeake, not Kentucky, Indiana or Michigan. Am I aware of the schools in the area who we might face.....sure. But I'm not looking at the people below us on nobody's list trying to lobby for the trojans in the arena of public opinion! I just thought that post was a bit odd.
Yeah, I think we all focus on our own. I do look at the likes of Portsmouth, Valley and a few others that we might play should we get that far just to understand what chances we have. My interest this year is a little more personal...would love for a certain panther cub to have a taste of State. That is one reason I'm really hoping for that #1 Jackson seed. Would just as soon stay away from the Trojans, Tigers and Indians as long as possible.

I am proud of the fact that the schools down here on the southern coast are playing at such a high level and that if any of them show up and play their best for a stretch of 4 or 5 games, they could represent our region in Columbus once again.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

FHSstudentsection wrote:
i saw first half of peakes game against mingo. their first half performance was awful! i sat behind the bench and they all looked tired. Davis wasn't having it. they are way better than what the score says to that game
I believe the Dragons had a lot to do with that. Emotional game the night before...tough to get it going again just 24 hours later. Played very sloppy at times. Not something I expect going forward.

Now that we are in a separate division, I will be pulling for the Dragons to go far. I have a whole lot more respect for that team now than I did at the beginning of the season. Oh, and the Student section is ok too. ;-)

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Lets all just hope that they get to face each other later and see what happens! Would be a great matchup, once again
Not sure my nerves can take it, but sure! You make some calls, I'll make some calls and we'll get this thing done!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

^^^^^

... too funny pantherdad ...

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

pfloyd wrote:^^^^^

... too funny pantherdad ...

Hey, one of my calls was going to you! You gotta have some pull, Pfloyd!

As many others on here have stated, my prayers are with you. I wanted to meet you at Chesapeake during Beasts of the Southeast...but missed you. I'll look you up at the Convo, Lord willing, and bring you some purple napkins. Stats always look better on purple!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LOL!!! pantherdad - I'll hold you to the "purple napkins" my friend ... I ALWAYS enjoy visiting with the Purple folks - I feel right at home in the the Land of Purple especial the Panther faithful <= great supporters of the kids, the school , the coach, the team ...

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

pantherdad wrote:
I only mentioned a complex because that was an impromptu rant by Peake Hoops! We aren't ranked anywhere ahead of Chesapeake in none of the polls that I've seen, including Pfloyd's list. However, he felt the need to mention us as if we are ahead. As a Portsmouth fan, I'm mainly focusing on us. Not Chesapeake, not Kentucky, Indiana or Michigan. Am I aware of the schools in the area who we might face.....sure. But I'm not looking at the people below us on nobody's list trying to lobby for the trojans in the arena of public opinion! I just thought that post was a bit odd.
Yeah, I think we all focus on our own. I do look at the likes of Portsmouth, Valley and a few others that we might play should we get that far just to understand what chances we have. My interest this year is a little more personal...would love for a certain panther cub to have a taste of State. That is one reason I'm really hoping for that #1 Jackson seed. Would just as soon stay away from the Trojans, Tigers and Indians as long as possible.

I am proud of the fact that the schools down here on the southern coast are playing at such a high level and that if any of them show up and play their best for a stretch of 4 or 5 games, they could represent our region in Columbus once again.

So true!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... any word on how the "weather" is effecting the games scheduled for this evening? IF at all ... I went into the high school here in Logan today to touch bases with everyone, talked to AD Ron Janey - Portsmouth vs Logan was on, team leaving at 2 pm (about 15 minutes ago) ...

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Unioto at Piketon is still on for tonight!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens @ NY is postponed until 2/18

Doesn't surprise me at all ... lol ... if we get rain in the forcast they cancel games.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles/Eastern Brown is still on.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Chillicothe 9th 54
Gallipolis 9th 36

Gallipolis JVs 43
Chillicothe JVs 38 (Cavs first JV league loss)
Varsity
Chillicothe ? Gallipolis ?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”