Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Post by pfloyd »

OHbuckeye1 ... was tonight's matchup with Chillicothe a "mid-season" addition to the Ironton menu of games? tonight's game does not show up on the Chillicothe handy dandy pocket-schedule ... daniC - I totally agree that Ironton IS the team that is most "battle tested" night in night out with the schedule that Coach LaFon put together this season ...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

pfloyd wrote:OHbuckeye1 ... was tonight's matchup with Chillicothe a "mid-season" addition to the Ironton menu of games? tonight's game does not show up on the Chillicothe handy dandy pocket-schedule ... daniC - I totally agree that Ironton IS the team that is most "battle tested" night in night out with the schedule that Coach LaFon put together this season ...

I think this game was scheduled before the season but I'm not 100% sure. I know we've played each other every year since we joined the SEOAL and continued playing them after we got out of the League.

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

Pfloyd and 93Bulldog, I'm sure I'm not the only coach that enjoys reading your Elite 8 list! Coaches will use any knowledge they can get when it comes to scouting/stats/knowledge of the game for the tournament! The seeding process is truly enjoyable. Watching all of the coaches gather during that 30 minutes until we go into our respective rooms to hash out the seeding is a truly unique experience. Darting eyes, body language, whispering, alliances, enemies, back-scratchin...etc, feels like a war room before battle. I didn't have any assistants available to go with me. Next time, I will have a couple of Westfall polos in the truck ready to meet you in the Jackson parking lot!! Keep up the enthusiasm for the game!!

Good luck to all coaches and players! This is the best time of the year. Here's hoping for an injury free, fantastic tournament!

Coach Mink
Westfall Mustangs

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Roger Mink wrote:Pfloyd and 93Bulldog, I'm sure I'm not the only coach that enjoys reading your Elite 8 list! Coaches will use any knowledge they can get when it comes to scouting/stats/knowledge of the game for the tournament! The seeding process is truly enjoyable. Watching all of the coaches gather during that 30 minutes until we go into our respective rooms to hash out the seeding is a truly unique experience. Darting eyes, body language, whispering, alliances, enemies, back-scratchin...etc, feels like a war room before battle.
Thx Roger Mink for the post.

But man, now I'm even more jealous!

back-scrathchin ... lol .. There is our 'in' next year Floyd ... We'll be the official 'back-scratchers' inside the war-room! Not sure I could go as far as to offer 'back-rubs' to relieve tension ... But I could definitly see myself carrying around a back scratcher.

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coach Mink !!! Westfall just jumped into the Pre-Season Top 8 , you are now on a fast track nomination for COY in Southern Ohio for 2012-13 !!! AND you get the expertise of Pfloyd/93dog to tap into for next February's Sectional Seeding Meet & Greet !!! :mrgreen: Pfloyd valet's your ride, 93dog on backscratching duty - YOU will be the envy of the Southern Ohio Coaches Association AND 93dog/I have an "IN" to the "meet & greet" !!! <= a proverbial "Win/Win" situation !!! LOL ...

... Coach Mink , surely there is NO politics that goes into the seeding process !!! LOL ... you realize I just made a hard copy of your post - Mustang Shirts ! - awesome !!! ;-) ... thanks coach for the post , I totally agree that THIS IS the best time of the year - Sectional play, the 3 Weeks of the Convo/Basketball Thirty with Lou Horvath, The Show in C'bus ... High School Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - it truly doesn't get any better in High School Sports ...

... Roger Mink ,best of luck to you and your Westfall Mustangs in the "Survive and Advance" Season ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

"Pfloyd valet's your ride, 93Dog on backscratchin duty." ... lol ... You crack me up Floyd!

Sad thing is:

If they tell me "the only way your getting in is if you put the whole 'back-rub' idea into action." ... I would have to seriously consider it ... lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm getting ready to head over to Logan Elm to catch up with Coach Stiverson's Braves vs Coach Evan's Circleville squad ... my first look at the Roundtown boyz this season, one of the ONLY teams in my top 30 or so that I have NOT seen this season - have to give them a fair look before the post season starts ...

Logan Elm vs
Circleville

... Pfloyd Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats at 11 !!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Make it a good re-cap Floyd ... I'm gonna copy it so I can give it to coach Skinner ... lol ... I'm sure he'll appreciate the help.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Just getting settled in at LE myself, watching the LE JVs put on a show, its a slightly smaller and slower version of the Varsity Braves, which makes them very, very impressive. Knocked down 5 3s halfway through the 1st half, not forcing any either.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lucasville Valley @ Minford tonight....preview of the sectional title game on the 24th. Valley can clinch a share of the SOC with a W tonight!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Chilly 23 Ironton 31 Halftime wkkj has it backwards,

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Belpre 51 Eastern 31. Belpre TVC Hocking champs
Last edited by Eaglepapaw on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lucasville Valley 63
Minford 47

Lucasville Valley SOC II champions....

Interesting stat..Valley was 0-11 from 3 and still gets a big W!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Jackson 48
Unioto 37

Tough back to back for Unioto, still a nice road win for the Ironmen. Unioto's only home loss of the season as they shot 29% on the game.
Last edited by danicalifornia on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe 70 Ironton 64....

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

I would have bought you guys some popcorn if I knew you guys were at the game tonight. Logan Elm pulled away late and won by 10. Young and Pritchard played well and Riffle was in foul trouble most of the night, which limited his play. I'll let pfloyd give the recap!

I would agree that Logan Elm JV team is playing well. They have lost two games this year and just beat Bloom by 15 who was undefeated in the league. I believe the 7th, 8th and 9th grade teams have all had good years for LE.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to Chillicothe on the win.

Tough loss for Ironton losing Dion Drown 1:30 into the 1st QTR and Trey Fletcher with 1 minute left in the 1st QTR. Hopefully they get healthy going into the tournament.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I was at the Ironton game, what a crazy game, Chillicothe was asll but done for a little ways in the 3rd thanks to Zac Carter who was lights out,they did not have an answer for him, he finished with 41 but you could tell it took its toll on him late in the 4th,the kid was all over the place tonight.

Elliot and Johnson for Chilli bothhad big second half,both ended up woith around 20,Im sure that had a lot to do with Dion,and Trey not playing any minutes at all in the second half, congrats on the Cavs on comeing back from 15 down in the 3rd to pull out the win.

Hope both players for Ironton will be back on the floor next game,or at least tourney time.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Logan Elm picks up big win over Circleville 50-40

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Good game on Senior NIght at the Reservation tonight between Logan Elm and Circleville ! as I posted it was my first look at Coach Evans squad - they didn't disappoint ... not a flashy team, no outstanding player BUT they seem to know their "capabilities", Coach Evans has them playing to their strengths - patience on offense, working the ball until they get the shot they want, where they want it from on the floor ... they play hard nosed defense, hit the boards hard - I like what I saw ... Roundtown remind you of a sturdy "dump truck" - low gears, solid, gets from point "A" to point "B" ... when Circleville can control the tempo they have you right where they want you - hard to escape with a "W" ... that's ALMOST how it went tonight - LE started the game getting both Pritchard and Riffle in foul trouble as CHS left the 1st quarter in the 1 and 1 bonus AND a Circleville 13 Logan Elm 11 lead after quarter number 1 ... with Pritchard/Riffle on the bench for most of the 2nd period Dillon Young knocked down 7 points with a 3 pointer giving the Braves the lead at the 6:02 mark 16-13 LE ... the lead held until 1:29 to go in the quarter when the Tigers took the lead 22-21, Circleville looked to be going into the half with a 25-22 lead before Waylon Artrip came off the bench to drain a trey from downtown as the buzzer sounded Logan Elm 25 Circleville 25 at intermission ... the key to this point was Circleville staying patient at both ends of the floor- balanced scoring on offense while keeping the athletic Pritchard off the boards and Riffle out of the scoring column ... both teams traded baskets in the 3rd with Logan Elm finishing the period up 2 points ( hmmm it so happened that Blake Riffle picked up his first 2 points of the game in the 3rd) Logan Elm 36 Circleville 34 end of three ... the patience/ tempo control shown by Roundtown thru 3 periods disappeared in the 4th as the Braves turned up the tempo midway through period number 4 as Blake Riffle scored LE's final 10 points - hitting a midrange jumper for 2, 2 more on a layup in transition, turn around shot on the block for 2 more, 2 FTs and a drive ending at the rim for the final 2 points of the game ... Logan Elm 50 Circleville 40 a final ...

...Pfloyd Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Circleville ...

Scoring : David Burrows 8, Conner Smith 8, Denzel Amey 8, John Hammon 7, Nathan Moats 7, Stolarz/Manson 1 a piece

3-Pointers : 1/10 ... John Hammon 1

FTs : 9/14

TOs : 11

ATR : 10

T: 1

... Circleville did a nice job of getting into the paint on Logan Elm in the first 3 quarters - resulting in LE foul trouble for Pritchard/Riffle ... balanced offensive scoring & patience/handling the Logan Elm on the ball pressure kept the Tigers in the game ... when LE picked up the tempo defensively, CHS allowed Pritchard to get 3 straight offensive rebounds AND the basket - Roundtown didn't have the horses to get back in the game or keep up with the speed Logan Elm brings to the floor ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Logan Elm ...

Scoring : Dillon Young 15, Blake Riffle 12, Eli Pritchard 9, Anthony Vagnier 7, Waylan Artrip 3, Cory Heeter 2, Cody Heeter 2

3-Pointers: 4/12 ... Young 3, Artrip 1

FTs : 4/8

TOs : 11

ATR : 13 baskets

T: 4

... Logan Elm played their usual pressure man to man defense mixed with a sticky 2-3 zone for the better part of the 2nd half of the game ... LE defensively did exactly what Coach Stiverson preaches "hold the opponent to 50 points or less" => Circleville 40 points ... game, set and match ... Logan Elm wins ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”