Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 11

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 11

Post by pfloyd »

WHS95FAN wrote:Bulldog, tough game for your dogs tonight but not much you can do when a player is on fire like French was tonight. I see the dogs going far in the postseason next year, now you can sit back and watch my Warriors! Btw I think you do a fine job of broadcasting
...WHS95FAN what are you doing encouraging him!!! he'll just keep doing it now !!!! he was already to join the foreign legion (which may be somewhere near Wahama HS I believe) after tonight game ... now he'll just keep on talking ! night after night - 5 days a week and on weekends ...geessssssssse ! make him stop already !!!!

:mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hey now, I still have ONE DOG left in the fight!!!!

THE TRIMBLE TOMCATS ... They take on Waterford next Tuesday ... they are my last chance to have a team at the Convo ...

And the 'Cats have been good to me this year - I rode them all the way to Massillon in the fall ... I'm thinking they get it done at Meigs next week!

8)

(and thanks WHS95FAN!)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote:
WHS95FAN wrote:Bulldog, tough game for your dogs tonight but not much you can do when a player is on fire like French was tonight. I see the dogs going far in the postseason next year, now you can sit back and watch my Warriors! Btw I think you do a fine job of broadcasting
...WHS95FAN what are you doing encouraging him!!! he'll just keep doing it now !!!! he was already to join the foreign legion (which may be somewhere near Wahama HS I believe) after tonight game ... now he'll just keep on talking ! night after night - 5 days a week and on weekends ...geessssssssse ! make him stop already !!!!

:mrgreen:

With the connections 93Dog has, he may get Wahama a Convo pass. I hear he is raising a regiment to annex the greater Mason metro area into southeast Ohio. :122249

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It was disappointing to see my Shermans season come to an end last night, but it wasn't for lack of effort. When the shots don't fall, it's tough to get a W. Minford's great defense last night had a lot to do with Unioto's 26% shooting from the field and the Falcons knocked down the big shots when they needed to. The game was knotted at 35 with about 5 minutes left, before Minford pulled away late.

Unioto had a fantastic year and just ran into a better club last night. 20-4 with only 1 senior makes the future look mighty bright for the U. I wanna say thanks to Alex True, the 1 senior for Unioto, who had a great attitude all year long despite not getting a ton of minutes and it was great to see him play well in his last outing last night. Sad to see Alex and Coach Blue graduate, but hopefully Alex does well in the military and Coach Blue is able to stick around.

Good luck to the Falcons at the Convo! They have a heck of a team and will be a tough out for Logan Elm or Sheridan next Friday night!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley 91
West Union 58

The Indians came out focused and basically put this one to bed early. Valley jumped out 14-2 about 4:30 in and never looked back. It felt like a switch was flipped and the Indians changed modes into seek and destroy. They were flat out great last night. The defensive pressure was great all night. The Indians 3 starting guards (Zach Shope, Chris Flowers, and Bryan Rolfe) have taken their defensive play to another level. I would have to go back and check, but I am pretty sure last night was a season high as I had the Indians for 19 steals, led by Rolfe with 7. Valley is going to be a very tough out in this tournament when they get 5 kids in double figures.

Stats:

36-70 FG's (51.4%)
5-20 3's (25%) - A lot of these were very late and let's just say, not in the flow of the offense
14-18 FT''s (77.8%)
13 offensive rebounds (Ethan Holbrook with 4)
26 assists (Hayden Dunn with 6 - all in the first 9.5 minutes of the game)
19 steals
12 turnovers (6 through 3 quarters)

Individual:

Scoring:

Rolfe 22
West 20
Holbrook 16
Dunn 13
Flowers 10
Shope 6
Brown 2
Caleb Miller 2

Rebounds:

Dunn 8
Holbrook 5
Rolfe 4
West 4

Assists:

Dunn 6
Shope 4
Holbrook 4
West 4

Steals:

Rolfe 7
Flowers 5
Shope 2

In total, a great effort by all 15 kids (They all played) wearing Purple and Gold. I expect another focused, energized effort next Sunday against Coal Grove.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Last night in Logan the Warren Warriors laid claim to the #1 spot in the illustrious PFloyd Poll with a 83-61 thrashing of the AP #10 Athens Bulldogs. With just over 3:30 remaining both teams cleared the benches with the score 79-51. The Warriors dominated the talented Bulldogs with smothering defense and offense that flowed to near perfection. French reigning treys and Hall playing Robin to French's Batman the talented duo combined for 58 points, 37 of them by halftime.
All season long while conversations persisted questioning this team ultimate ability to repeat as District Champion, they have methodically went out and won 15 games in a row. After the last second tip in loss to AAA WV Wheeling Park the Warriors have matured and right now are playing some great basketball.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Logan Elm defeats Sheridan 65-48 behind Dillon Young's 32 points

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Congratulations to Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert & the LE Braves on the Sectional Championship AND punching their ticket to the Convo for next Friday night !!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sky Oliver sinks a tough 18 footer at the horn to put the Trojans over top of a very game Lynchburg club, 55-53. Lots of fun in the Waverly Downtown Gym in that one. Two great crowds!

Wheelersburg 50-46 to stun Zane Trace.

Circleville defeats WCH again, 48-36.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... wow ! daniC - some stunners - the Burg over ZT ? we had the peake scoring 74 points - IN ONE GAME!!! - LOL ... PHS getting pushed to the brink by Lynchburg Clay ... good stuff this "survive and advance" thing ... going to be some good games at the Convo !!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

PORTSMOUTH...SOUTHPOINT...REMATCH!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdowgg wrote:PORTSMOUTH...SOUTHPOINT...REMATCH!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!

... biggdowgg LOL !!! I just wrote down the South Point score on my bracket sheet and saw the REMATCH !!! ... put a smile on my face it did - at the Convo too ... Congratulations to Coach Collins and the Trojans on collecting their ticket to A'town ... Portsmouth vs South Point on the big floor for Basketball :30 ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:PORTSMOUTH...SOUTHPOINT...REMATCH!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!

... biggdowgg LOL !!! I just wrote down the South Point score on my bracket sheet and saw the REMATCH !!! ... put a smile on my face it did - at the Convo too ... Congratulations to Coach Collins and the Trojans on collecting their ticket to A'town ... Portsmouth vs South Point on the big floor for Basketball :30 ...

can not wait!!! we are coming up Friday..but cant wait for sunday...burg...valley..portsmouth...awesome...not sure when Minford plays...but will add another Scioto county team after Notre Dame and east game...a good year for Scioto county indeed :)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the "weak" (as pointed out by many on SEOPs) OVC has their top 4 teams making the trip to round one at the Convo in D3 ... Chesapeake vs Wheelersburg, Fairland vs Southeastern , Valley vs Coal Grove and South Point vs Portsmouth ... not bad for a "weak" league (he says sarcastically) ... Congratulations to the OVC contingent on getting to A'town and Basketball :30 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdogg ... the Minford boys take on Logan Elm Friday night after the Warren vs Circleville matchup ... Friday night will be a great night of hoops as well as the 4 games on Sunday the 2nd ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

and one of the newest members of the OVC TOO :)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:biggdogg ... the Minford boys take on Logan Elm Friday night after the Warren vs Circleville matchup ... Friday night will be a great night of hoops as well as the 4 games on Sunday the 2nd ...

well duhh..don't I I fell silly,I just said we was coming up Friday...LOL..Im just ready for the convo.

thanks for reminding me who Im coming to watch...but we also want to see warren....should be a couple good games

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdowgg ... is trojandave going to let me watch that Portsmouth vs South Point game? seeing how PHS has played their best in front of me this season ... LOL

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:biggdowgg ... is trojandave going to let me watch that Portsmouth vs South Point game? seeing how PHS has played their best in front of me this season ... LOL

there was a long discussion about just that ,on the ride home tonight...LOL.....

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

hopefully we get a little revenge from that early season shallacking

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”