Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Preseason

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Preseason

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD ... is Mrs. Floyd dragging you around to family gatherings and Black Friday shopping ... or are you gonna use your 'get-out-of-jail-free card' and make it to McAfee Gymnasium today?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LOL ... 93dog - you know Mrs. Pfloyd wants me out of the house by now !!! LOL ... I'm just not in shape to " get out" - the IL-2 that I've started has been almost 2 full weeks with me trying to recover from the treatments ... would have loved to be in Athens today you know that too ... have to get myself ready for IL-2 "round #2" that starts this coming Thursday 11/29 - 2 weeks of recovery after the last treatment THEN I'm hoping/praying for news that will get my life back to some kind of order again - which includes high hoops ...

Enjoy the day, give us some good "napkin stat" info this evening after the games ...

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

Go Trojans!

pfloyd, thank you for the list...

...however, I believe our Trojans are a bit high at #4.

We might prefer to be treehugger wannabees first.

:mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hope ya feel better soon Floyd!

Your Warriors looked good tonight (as expected) ... very big, strong, athletic and can shoot the three of course ... 6'5 sophomore Michael Hall and 6'3 Evan French will be a handful for teams this year.
Athens looked good, especially with no practice time what-so-ever ... kids have been sick all week after playing their final football game Saturday ... 6'3 freshman Iby Watson is tough, led all scorers with 14 tonight ... throw in backcourt mate 6'3 Joey Burrow, the two wing players 6'4 Adam leuhrman and 6'4 Ryan leuhrman and center Jared Elmore 6'4 ... boy, Athens will be hard to guard with those five on the floor.
Vinton County looked like the same ol Vinton County ... very experienced, good ball handlers and passers ... Jordan Kidd and L.B. Remy are really good players and Bryce Owings looks a lot bigger and stronger this year ... no doubt in my mind Athens, VC and Warren will be amongst the top seeds at the DII sectional in Logan.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Not much of note in the SVC preview, possibly the coolest thing was 5'9 (in the program) freshman Pierce Mowery dunking in warmups for the Pioneers. I think ZT looked more athletic and deep than I had originally thought they would be, that and the hostility between Piketon and Huntington seemed to make those 2 regular season matchups must see for myself.

PV beat Adena by 3, Unioto over Westfall by 3, Piketon over Huntington by double figures, and SE was up on ZT when I left late in the 2nd quarter of that matchup. I'll post the Svcsportszone recap whenever Shayne posts it in the morning.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thanks 93dog, daniC, Hopper 11 (for the PM) for the rundowns on last nights' Preview action ... as I told Hopper 11 in a PM - this NOT being able to physically make the Previews, going to miss opening tip-offs at ZT this coming weekend ... gets me down just thinking about it BUT as I told Hopper 11 as well I WILL be back out on the road in a few weeks after my next round at the James which begins this Thursday 11/29 ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:Thanks 93dog, daniC, Hopper 11 (for the PM) for the rundowns on last nights' Preview action ... as I told Hopper 11 in a PM - this NOT being able to physically make the Previews, going to miss opening tip-offs at ZT this coming weekend ... gets me down just thinking about it BUT as I told Hopper 11 as well I WILL be back out on the road in a few weeks after my next round at the James which begins this Thursday 11/29 ...

We'll keep you updated Floyd ... you should have no worries at all ... its not how you start - its how you finish ... you may fall behind early - but after a good halftime speech and some hot second half shooting - you'll be right back in the game!

:mrgreen:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I have to agree with Kentucky Trojan about our Trojans.......honestly #4 a bit lofty........I know we have had great success since Coach Collins took over, but we are definitely searching for a chemistry at this point........it will come, and there is some real talent at the guard positions. We have Wheelersburg, Ironton, Warren, Johnson Central (KY) and Columbus Brookhaven all by Dec.22nd.......the opening schedule will certainly challenge this team with 4 new starters.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... I couldn't decide what to get you for X-mas ... I had a nice fluffy, stuffed Bulldog picked out so you could sleep with it at night ... then I thought maybe a new Bulldog blanket for Mrs. Floyd to cover up with at games would be neat ... but then I settled on something you could actually use this winter ...

A 'ONE-CLICK' PAGE WITH ALL THE TVC TEAMS SCHEDULES & RESULTS ON IT ... LOL ... NO MORE DIGGING FOR GAME RESULTS FOR EACH TEAM - I HAVE THEM IN ALL ONE SPOT!

HERE YOU GO - MERRY X-MAS ...... http://trivalleyconference.com/Blogs.html

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...93dog !!! doesn't get better than 1-click to get the schedules and results from the TVC all season - thank you !!! going to have to ask for lots of "napkins" from the James' cafeteria area so I can keep track of scores from around Southern/Southeast Ohio until I can recover enough to get everything organized so I can do the weekly Elite 8 with some confidence - all until I can get out on the road to see teams ... I'm dusting off the Ouija Board too !!!! things could get interesting in the middle of December LOL ... I'll just have to do as best I can depending on how I feel during/after chemo treatments ...

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Good luck to you Floyd we will be praying for you here in Pike county.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

danicalifornia wrote:Bengalfan- My bad on Southworth, didn't get a chance to see him get much run last year, but if he's anything like the past Southworth's from Piketon, he's going to be a load to deal with for the rest of the league.

SVC preview tonight, even though you can't take much out of it, like Huntington getting beat by nearly 40 last year. Can't wait to see how some of the league's athletes have transformed and improved, even if everything is being brought back some.

Just left the Portsmouth/Unioto scrimmage. Unioto won 4 quarters, Portsmouth won 1 and they tied 1. Unioto has much more depth and interior size, but Portsmouth's athleticism is outstanding. Carter struggled from the outside early, but caught fire late. He looks like he's ready to take over as the man for Coach Collins. Levi Porter will be able to stretch out bigs and the pg (#1) is very quick and can knock it down from deep. Portsmouth should have another nice season and will be matchup problems for everyone they play this year.
Unioto looked very good outside of one quarter with a lot of backups in, but was solid on D and Detillion had his way inside.

In regards to the Portsmouth vs. Unioto scrimmage.......I dunno if Unioto was at full strength or not, however the Trojans were without the services of freshman guard Ky're Allison in that set of scrimmages. I didn't get to watch the scrimmages myself but i did get to talk to portsmouth's guard/ forward Jayllen Carter on how he felt they did in that scrimmage, and in particular how he did, he said it was the worse game he EVER played.....I'm sure he'll be able to put that game behind him and have a solid season. We'll see how he reacts to defensive game plans being geared to shut him down. It'll be interesting to see how long it'll take the Trojans to get their chemistry at its high peak. Nice assessment though, Danicalifornia......cause at the end of the day, Unioto handled their business. Can't really take away from what the kids from Unioto did.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford over D1 Columbus Groveport Madison in a foundation game in Columbus tonight 60-49.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

I would put Eastern Brown in front of fairfield. Just my opinion. Beucler and Lawson will be a scary combination. North Adams COULD make some noise, but I doubt it. Not sure if they have the drive.

.............and that my friends, is the ugly truth!!!!!!!!!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

theuglytruth wrote:I would put Eastern Brown in front of fairfield. Just my opinion. Beucler and Lawson will be a scary combination. North Adams COULD make some noise, but I doubt it. Not sure if they have the drive.

North Adams is a very solid team and at times can play like the best team in our league but I think they are really lacking a dominant play maker. They have 4 or 5 guys that would be good 2nd or 3rd options on a lot of D3 teams in the southeast but to seriously contend deep in the tournament they need that Lawson, Carter, or Kretzer type player in my opinion. Eastern did look better than I anticipated at the preview. I do not think they will be quite as good as they were last season, the loss of Jordan Payne and Conner Purdin will be huge, but they do have a good shot of winning a league title.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
theuglytruth wrote:I would put Eastern Brown in front of fairfield. Just my opinion. Beucler and Lawson will be a scary combination. North Adams COULD make some noise, but I doubt it. Not sure if they have the drive.

North Adams is a very solid team and at times can play like the best team in our league but I think they are really lacking a dominant play maker. They have 4 or 5 guys that would be good 2nd or 3rd options on a lot of D3 teams in the southeast but to seriously contend deep in the tournament they need that Lawson, Carter, or Kretzer type player in my opinion. Eastern did look better than I anticipated at the preview. I do not think they will be quite as good as they were last season, the loss of Jordan Payne and Conner Purdin will be huge, but they do have a good shot of winning a league title.
agreee completely.

Great post, and you were spot on with Ripley, sheww.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

here we go folks...Portsmouth @ Soth Webster tonight! Go Trojans!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

South Webster leads Portsmouth at the half 25 to 21

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

Final:

@ South Webster 54
Portsmouth 39