Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Post by open_post »

Pfloyd,

The game is at Logan Elm. This will be a big test for LE

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

qualified101 wrote:is it me or am i missing amanda on the list? only reason i ask is I watched unioto@amanda two weeks ago and havent seen them since. not sold on unioto in the top 11 after watching that game. As always, this is a great thread. my mother has been through the treatments you described pfloyd and I wish you the best. she is still battling after 4 years. I have all week off so im looking for great matchups to check out all week long. Would appreciate some recommendations for the week. hope to get to a game every night.
Amanda is technically Central District.

Unioto played very poorly that night and just got outplayed. The positive for them was that it was non-league and they learned that they must get tougher(and they have been the last 2 outings) on the interior.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

daniC - you should have seen ALL of the combinations I had laid out on paper - might have been 15 teams in the Elite 8 ! LOL ... I settled on the 3 Big Dogs from the SEOAL as they ARE all tied for the top spot in the league to start the Week that Is ... they have beat up on each other with Warren beating Portsmouth, Portsmouth beating Chillicothe, Chillicothe beating Warren - what a tangled web they weave LOL ... the teams will begin to separate themselves in the next week or two for sure ... Huntington/Unioto will show us that yes they belong or they too will slide ... Waverly and Valley have finally made the leap onto the Elite XXX list LOL <= can they stay there? easier to get there than it is to stay ... will be fun to watch the next few weeks of action across the board, in all of the leagues ...

qualified101 - I wish the best for your mother as well ... thank you ... Amanda CC is one of those teams that heads the other direction for the post season - Central District while not having affiliation with a Southern/Southeastern Ohio league ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks open_post !!! might be THE Game to see for the Pfloyd Tour Tuesday night ...

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

thanks for clearing up the amanda thing. appreciate it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington has 2 more tough games this weekend. Going to Southeastern on Friday and hosting Lynchburg on Saturday. It's never easy to win at The Larry and LC has been solid(outside of the Fayetteville loss)

Unioto hosts Adena on Friday, before going to McClain on Saturday. Cole Murray will likely be out for both. Adena's going to be hungry and Unioto is 0-fer since renewing the series with McClain in 00-01!

I would think both should win both games over the weekend, but Huntington has the much tougher of the 2.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... we've been going back-and-forth since 2002 when the first Elite 8 was released ... You shouldn't expect anything less out of me buddy than to argue my point on a certain team! lol

In 2002 it was the Nathan Cozart, Cody Dill, Alex Simpson & Robbie Cross led Eastern Eagles that me and you went round-and-round about ... I had them in the top 8 - you refused to put them their unitl the very end of the season ... Almost 10 years later and here we are again ... lol ... Only this time its a JEFF Caldwell team and not HOWIE Caldwell and I switched demographics and went over to the 'Southern' part of Meigs County.

I will say this Floyd ... Ive seen every team in the TVC, a bunch of them multiple times - and Southern was the most impressive, most complete team I have watched all year ... They have really good size in the front court with 6-foot-7 Chandler Drummer, 6-foot-3 Nathan Roberts and 6-foot-2 Andrew Roseberry (which most teams in the TVC-Hocking don't possess that kind of size) and they have good quality guards with Ethan Martin, Ryan Taylor and Adam Pape. Perhaps the biggest asset to the Tornadoes though is there commitment to defense and the guy at the helm (Jeff Caldwell).

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Valley is getting ready to start (or continue considering last night) a solid two-week stretch. On Tuesday the Indians host Oak Hill, on Friday they host the South Webster Jeeps, followed by a Saturday noon tip-off with South Point in the Beast of the Southeast at Chesapeake. Next Tuesday the Indians get a visit from Waverly, followed by a visit to Minford that Friday for a rematch with the dangerous Falcons. That's 7 games in 15 days, counting this past weekend, with match-ups against a pair of Elite 8 Teams as well as a trio of league teams that are just on the outside looking in and hoping to make a mess of Valley and Waverly's unblemished league records.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

[quote="93Bulldog"]Floyd ... we've been going back-and-forth since 2002 when the first Elite 8 was released ... You shouldn't expect anything less out of me buddy than to argue my point on a certain team! lol

In 2002 it was the Nathan Cozart, Cody Dill, Alex Simpson & Robbie Cross led Eastern Eagles that me and you went round-and-round about ... I had them in the top 8 - you refused to put them their unitl the very end of the season ... Almost 10 years later and here we are again ... lol ... Only this time its a JEFF Caldwell team and not HOWIE Caldwell and I switched demographics and went over to the 'Southern' part of Meigs County.

Hey bulldog...that wonderful team of Eastern made it all the way to the regionals...any idea on who ended their season?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

White ...... Oak???

:mrgreen:

That's right ... 'Two words White Oak.'

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak by double digits....with only 1 returning starter

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

My "tour" this week on the boys side will include Bloom-Carroll at LE on Tuesday (game of the week)...then watch Miami Trace invade the Dome to take on Westfall on Wednesday....then see Coach Brusco's Fairfield Union squad travel to Teays Valley on Saturday.

LE is playing better than they did earlier in the season...three new starters, including two sophomores, coming off football playoffs...with good defense and moving the ball around better on offense, using all the pieces. But LE is going to have to play awfully well to have a chance to knock off an undefeated Carroll squad. Carroll has a squad that should be a favorite to win a district title up north and could go further depending on which regional they could go to if they take care of district. Miami Trace lost almost its entire starting lineup from last season's co-SCOL championship squad, but has picked up good wins over Madison-Plains and Hillsboro over the last two weeks. Westfall is off to a tough start but has more potential than its record. Of course potential has to be realized. Fairfield Union seems to be playing pretty well right now and they travel to 0-9 Teays Valley on Saturday.

That is the week ahead for me. Carroll, LE, FU going to see some good squads over the week, along with some squads in Trace, Westfall, Teays Valley trying to take those next steps.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

hope everything goes well for pfloyd, we are praying and rooting for you in Pa.
Just checking to see if you have a BCS vote, If Bamma wins tonight would there be two number ones on your ballot :)

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Floyd..Great Job!!! It is so wonderful to read all the posts about Southern/SE Ohio sports....As the season continues on its merry way and the league teams start the second tour,,then the fun begins..the revenge games and then the SHOW!!! Living in AZ we have some really good BB teams but the level drops off really fast after you get past the top 12-15 teams..Looking at the Elite 8, or the Eleven from Heaven, and the treehuggers I really believe that those teams would do well in the Phoenix area......Keep up the good work and God Bless you...wipalawalt

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

I like Peake having 1 game and beating my Dragons by 3 at home moves them slight bump from 2a to #1. Don't forget our Dragons are a 2 point loss to Oak Hill and 3 point loss at Peake from being 9 and 0. Keep up the nice work, love reading this post every week.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

What hurts Fairland, IMO, is the 2 point loss at Home to Oak Hill. OH is 7-2, but have gotten blasted by Waverly and South Webster.

Fairland will go into the tournament draw with somewhere between 2 and 4 losses and be under-seeded because of their schedule, but they are going to a scary matchup for anybody at Southeastern or at The Convo.

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

We have shot at South Webster saturday. Tough match up for both because I think they both have games friday night. Fairlland will play 3 games this week. Rock Hill, Coal Grove, and South Webster.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... SEOAL Menu for the Week that IS ...

1/10 Tuesday

Logan @
Athens

Portsmouth vs
Whiteoak

1/13 Friday

Chillicothe @
Gallia Academy

Jackson @
Warren Local

Logan vs
Portsmouth

1/14 Saturday

Portsmouth vs
Piketon

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

So Floyd ... We got a wager on that Athens-Logan game tomorrow night or what?

Say ... One box of popcorn at the Convo???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 1 box of the Convo's best $4.50/box popcorn it is !!! ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”