Pfloyd's 2015-16 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's 2015-16 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio

Post by pfloyd »

The Oracle wrote:Good to see the purple Hippo back, be well pfloyd
… thanks The Oracle … so far my health has been great since hoops season ended for me at the Convo last March … I had eye surgery (both eyes) this past August (the cancer treatments that I endured for 2+ years caused the early/accelerated growth of cataracts - all good now! new eyes to better see those numbers on the jerseys !) …

… I'm ready for Tip Off !!! …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… Teams on the End Table ...

South Point
Huntington
Green
Reedsville Eastern
70 New Boston

Whiteoak
Crooksville

… I always hate ranking the last few teams as it seems such a negative to be an "End Table Team" … usually we are talking about the smallest schools in SEO who have to take on bigger schools all season long … does anyone have any reports as to how the teams who finished on the End Table will do this coming season ???

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

bballsvcfan wrote:Why Westfall ahead of Zane Trace and Adena? Just curious on the thought process behind that one. Mowery is still Mowery.
Mowery is Mowery but Boltenhouse went to chilly, Hill went to Unioto. Also, we split with ZT last year. The Mustangs have all five starters back.
Last edited by Wffan on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Wffan wrote:
bballsvcfan wrote:Why Westfall ahead of Zane Trace and Adena? Just curious on the thought process behind that one. Mowery is still Mowery.
Mowery is Mowery but Boltenhouse went to chilly, Hill went to Unioto and Wolf graduated. Also, we split with ZT last year. The Mustangs have all five starters back.

… thanks for the information Wffan !!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

You know the roundball season is close when pfloyd puts out the Elite 8.

I love putting Westfall that high. A sleeper in the SVC this season with five starters back. Need to tighten up defense to be as successful as they can be and team rebound. Nice opener with Grandview Heights in the ZT Tip-Off.

Pfloyd showing a lot of respect for Logan Elm. I look for the Braves to be much better this season, but not sure of the two spot. I hope they earn it and more.

I'd have Circleville a little lower having to replace Hill and Giffin. There is potential there. Big opener with Adena down at the ZT Tip-Off.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Trojandave do you have a slate for the Trojans as of yet? Pfloyd, great news on your health my man, keep fighting the Fight!

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Just seen Minford ' s schedule, and there are a lot of games you would be interested in. Dec. 28th we play Ironton in the Portsmouth Wendy's classic with Valley playing Portsmouth after. Jan. 8th we play Trimble in The Beast ' s of the Southeast. Dec. 12th we visit Alexander, and host Warren on Jan. 22nd. We also have the two conference games against Valley. Hope to see you at some of the games.

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

God Bless you and your family. You are a inspiration for everyone. Your true love for basketball and what you do here is inspiring. I love your knowledge of basketball, basketball 30 , your positive role model for all. May you continue to do what you love many, many more years. If you ever need anything the big O will be here for ya. See you at some gym somewhere this year, I'll buy you a Coke and dog and popcorn. Stay just like you are. Let's tip it up. Play ball

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Oracle - thank you so much for the kind words … I've asked the "Head Coach" many times to please let me live to a "ripe old age" LOL … hoops season takes my mind off everything dealing with my health … Jan 17th is my next CT scan at the James - I'm going to a get a "W" that day !!! …

minford17 … I'll be at the Beasts of the SouthEast so that one is a definite "see this year's edition of the Falcons" , Dec. 12th vs Alexander -PERFECT !!! 2 of my top teams , playing just 30 minutes away … it's now on my Pfloyd Tour calendar … thanks for the information on the Falcon schedule … I WISH more teams from the Scioto County area would schedule games with teams in Athens/Vinton Counties … I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Minford when they traveled to Warren last season … gave me the opportunity to do the "eye test" on the Falcons - I got to see firsthand quality play and players - Collins, Rowe, Kelley from last year - I KNOW what MHS brings to the table this year with these fine players on the floor …

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I don't post often in here but I sure do a lot of reading, especially Pfloyd's posts. He is always fair and will certainly back his writings with facts. What more can one ask for on a chat site! Anyway, here is to continued great health Pfloyd and may your travels throughout SEO be safe and enjoyable.
Last edited by FIDO on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Just curious what Unioto has coming back since the P&W open up with them.

Live Like A Champion!
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm sure Pfloyd can give you more info. But, Unioto JV went undefeated last year as well, that doesn't always translate to varsity but they have a good program in place. Also I believe they are bringing back only a couple players on varsity.

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

The bring back two very good starters. Erique Hosely and Cole Cotrill. They also have a talented point guard-sophomore Logan Swackhammer that played significant minutes last year. They got a transfer from southeastern that was a starter there.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Logangrad wrote:Just curious what Unioto has coming back since the P&W open up with them.
2 starters, the aforementioned Hosley and Cottrill. Both seniors who have been apart of many wins. 2 more seniors who have seen a lot of varsity minutes, Issac Wheeler (from SE, sat half of last year at Unioto) and Sawyer Lovely. Lovely hit a huge 3 for the Shermans against Logan last season. His dad is the winningest boys coach in Unioto history.

Swackhammer is going to be a big time player. The other two starting spots will come down to Lovely, Wheeler, Brandon Kennedy (6'1 Soph), and Gabe Fisher (6' Soph) with a very good bench filled with some talented kids from that JV squad (remember the names Edler, Hill, Ogen, and White).

I don't want to be a homer, but I think if you're going to beat the Shermans this year, you better do it early on. Which is why I think Logan has a good shot in the opener.
Last edited by danicalifornia on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm gonna do an MVL tour during basketball season this year.
Gonna try and find 5 or 6 really good MVL games to watch this season.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic
Friday, November 27th

11:00am Zane Trace Girls vs. Berne Union Girls
12:45pm Grandview v. Westfall
2:30 Amanda CC v. Piketon
4:15 Circleville v. Adena
6:00 WCH v. VC
7:45 ZT v. Berne Union

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Let'sGoPSU: The schedule for the Trojans can be found at www.trojanhoops.org.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I like that schedule. I will have the day off so I may have to travel over and catch a couple of games.

Live Like A Champion!
FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Minford No idea on scrimmages for the Falcons.

4 Dec Waverly
5 Dec at North Adams
11 Dec South Webster
12 Dec at Alexander
15 Dec at Green
18 Dec at Northwest
22 Dec Wheelersburg
23 Dec at Jackson
28 Dec Wendy's Classic at Portsmouth vs. Ironton
8 Jan at West
9 Jan at Chesapeake vs. Trimble
12 Jan at Oak Hill