Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Trojans with another 20 plus point victory over a top 8 team with a 67-44 defeat of Peebles.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Great to see you back Floyd.
Belpre 56
Wahama 53 Overtime.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Trojan_FB_Alum .. thanks for the final ... Trojans with the "SHOW" attitude going - only allowing 44 points vs a good offensive Peebles squad ...

South Gallia 55
OVCS 45

Fairfield Leesburg 52
Miami Trace 49

Wellston 66
Zane Trace 43

Logan Elm 65
Hamilton Twp 26

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Eaglepapaw - always good to be back talking hoops for sure - thanks! ... Belpre keeps on keepin' on my hat goes off to Coach Thornhill and the job he is doing in Washington County ...

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

pfloyd wrote:... Trojan_FB_Alum .. thanks for the final ... Trojans with the "SHOW" attitude going - only allowing 44 points vs a good offensive Peebles squad ...

No problem, much like the Chillicothe game the Trojans allowed very little in the 2nd half, allowing just 14 points from a good Indians team

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

peake hoops wrote:I really have a problem with Portsmouth possibly being the number 1 team in southern ohio,because they beat Chilli twice,this team has lost 6 games ,and only beat a Gallia Academy team by 12 points at Gallia.On the other end of the spectrum,the Panthers beat Gallia by 38 points at Gallia.The Panthers beat Ironton at Ironton by 3 points,Portsmouth lost to Ironton by 14 points at Ironton,I REST MY CASE.

I think we had all these same arguments last year?.....we can not go on who beat who by how many, you ALWAYS have to play ther game,and ONE game at a time.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Circleville 39
Canal Winchester 46

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Pfloyd,great to see you are feeling up to being on the computer so soon after surgery keep up the good work.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... biggdowgg - you know I can't keep from following the hoops - it's what i do LOL ...

South Webster 66
Green 37

Reedsville Eastern 45
Miller 44

Federal Hocking 61
Waterford 49

Southern 75
Trimble 35

Tri Valley 48
New Lex 38

Northwest 61
North Adams 54

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hillsboro 61
Lynchburg Clay 62

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

peake hoops wrote:I really have a problem with Portsmouth possibly being the number 1 team in southern ohio,because they beat Chilli twice,this team has lost 6 games ,and only beat a Gallia Academy team by 12 points at Gallia.On the other end of the spectrum,the Panthers beat Gallia by 38 points at Gallia.The Panthers beat Ironton at Ironton by 3 points,Portsmouth lost to Ironton by 14 points at Ironton,I REST MY CASE.

Does Chesapeake have a complex about Portsmouth or something.....I thought ya'll could go a whole season without mentioning us!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

biggdowgg wrote:

I think we had all these same arguments last year?.....we can not go on who beat who by how many, you ALWAYS have to play ther game,and ONE game at a time.
Yes, I was one that played the score comparison game last year. I think score comparison is only beneficial when you have nothing else to go on. If we are talking about a ranking, I think you can use score comparisons with no head to head comparison. If you are talking about who would win a particular game, then score comparisons are virtually useless. Match ups and playing to the level of competition are always a factor.

When it comes to seeding in Jackson, I still say Peake deserves number 1. 1 loss, to Logan Elm, without our 1,000 point scorer. 3 wins over Fairland, a win on Ironton's court and nobody else has really pushed the Panthers. Even the Mingo Central game Saturday wasn't as close as the 74-61 score would indicate. Most of the common opponent scores between Portsmouth and Peake go Peake's way.

By the way, I've seen Eastern Brown and I'll take Fairland any day.

That is not to say Portsmouth doesn't deserve the #1 if they get it. I just think Peake deserves it a little more. But I don't get a vote, so that only counts as an "IMO".

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

jgordon0315 wrote:

Does Chesapeake have a complex about Portsmouth or something.....I thought ya'll could go a whole season without mentioning us!
No complex. You've got three schools within an hour of each other on the same river with a legit chance to go to State. Why would any of those schools avoid comparisons with the other? If Ohio State basketball fans talk about Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan...do they have a complex?

You guys beat us last year. We look forward to returning the favor this year. Then, you can have a crack at not talking about us next year. ;-)

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

pantherdad wrote:
jgordon0315 wrote:

No complex. You've got three schools within an hour of each other on the same river with a legit chance to go to State. Why would any of those schools avoid comparisons with the other? If Ohio State basketball fans talk about Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan...do they have a complex?

You guys beat us last year. We look forward to returning the favor this year. Then, you can have a crack at not talking about us next year. ;-)

I only mentioned a complex because that was an impromptu rant by Peake Hoops! We aren't ranked anywhere ahead of Chesapeake in none of the polls that I've seen, including Pfloyd's list. However, he felt the need to mention us as if we are ahead. As a Portsmouth fan, I'm mainly focusing on us. Not Chesapeake, not Kentucky, Indiana or Michigan. Am I aware of the schools in the area who we might face.....sure. But I'm not looking at the people below us on nobody's list trying to lobby for the trojans in the arena of public opinion! I just thought that post was a bit odd.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Southeastern 68
Portsmouth West 51

Southeastern is now 10-6.

Amanda 58
Fairfield Union 35

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

A few observations about the 'ole NW territory and beyond. Got to watch two fringe teams tonight as Bloom-Carroll hit its first seven threes and stormed out to a 29-5 lead over Teays Valley. B-C then cooled down and won 61-49. Ireland and McGlone each had 22 for the 'Dogs, who won the MSL-Buckeye outright. Now on to SE teams....LE had three in double figures...Young 18, Riffle 13, Pritchard 12 and Vagnier right behind with nine in the win over the Hambone last night. LE was up something like 34-8 at half. LE travels to Carroll on Saturday. Should be a good crowd there for that one. FU took it on the chin at A-C - 58-35. A-C is playing pretty well right now (five wins in a row)......FU needs to get on track a bit here to improve its seeding position....Circleville fell 45-39 to Canal Winchester. Burroughs had 14 and Hamman 7 I believe for the Tigers. CHS needs to pick up a win on Saturday over at A-C, or they could fall to as low as sixth in the seeding process at SE. Win and they are probably in the mix for a 3-4 type seed, but we will see how the political angle plays out over there.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

bman...........FU has derailed big time the second half of the season. Teams have figured out that all you need to do is guard the perimeter, no inside game at all! It s very sad to see after they were having such a promising season. Its going to take Brusco a few years to get his program established and to start to have real success, this is only year 2. People will have to be patient because there are going to be a few rough years coming up soon before it hopefully gets better.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pantherdad wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:

Yes, I was one that played the score comparison game last year. I think score comparison is only beneficial when you have nothing else to go on. If we are talking about a ranking, I think you can use score comparisons with no head to head comparison. If you are talking about who would win a particular game, then score comparisons are virtually useless. Match ups and playing to the level of competition are always a factor.

When it comes to seeding in Jackson, I still say Peake deserves number 1. 1 loss, to Logan Elm, without our 1,000 point scorer. 3 wins over Fairland, a win on Ironton's court and nobody else has really pushed the Panthers. Even the Mingo Central game Saturday wasn't as close as the 74-61 score would indicate. Most of the common opponent scores between Portsmouth and Peake go Peake's way.

That is not to say Portsmouth doesn't deserve the #1 if they get it. I just think Peake deserves it a little more. But I don't get a vote, so that only counts as an "IMO".
I am just glad we have so many schools in our area that have the talent they have,it sure has made for some great basketball this year.

I think both Peake and the Trojans are doing very well after loseing key players from last years teams.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

pantherdad wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:

i saw first half of peakes game against mingo. their first half performance was awful! i sat behind the bench and they all looked tired. Davis wasn't having it. they are way better than what the score says to that game

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Lets all just hope that they get to face each other later and see what happens! Would be a great matchup, once again

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”