Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Wk 7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Wk 7

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I really dont know what to think about facing Warren that late in the year just before the tournament, of course would love to see the Trojans march in with a lot of momentum, then again facing someone like Warren COULD also be a nice piece of preparation for the ride

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

I think we can all agree the convo is gonna have some exciting basketball this year.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Saturday's scores
Make-up games from Friday
Varsity
Gallipolis 56 Logan 46
JVs
Gallipolis 53 Logan 52
Freshmen
Gallipolis 51 Logan 28

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

GAHS Blue Imps won JV game at buzzer on three-pointer by Michael Putney from deep in corner after trailing about all the game.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon over Southeastern 65-47.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 74
Paint Valley 39

Zane Trace 65
Westfall 55

Adena 44
Huntington 30

Fairfield 44
Hillsboro 38

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

MVL scores:

Sheridan - 84
West Muskingum - 22 (ouch)

Philo - 47
New Lex - 35

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Missing scores from 1/25 makeups & 1/26 regularly scheduled games

Symmes Valley @ Green
New Boston @ Notre Dame
South WEbster @ Minford
Valley @ Wheelersburg
Manchester @ Fayetteville
Ripley @ Eastern Brown
West Union @ North Adams
Unioto @ Huntington
Maysville @ Crooksville
Coal Grove @ Rock Hill
St Joe @ Manchester

... granted some of these games may have later makeup dates ... if you know please post the makeup date ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto @ Huntington will made up on this coming Tuesday.

MSL_Fan
Waterboy

Post by MSL_Fan »

Fairfield Union 50
Logan Elm 45

Circleville 45
Teays Valley 34

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

1/25

Fayetteville....68
Manchester.....41

1/26 scores

London........72
Miami Trace..58

Beaver Eastern......60
Portsmouth Clay....44

Peebles.............61
Lynchburg Clay....52

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote:... Missing scores from 1/25 makeups & 1/26 regularly scheduled games

Symmes Valley @ Green
New Boston @ Notre Dame
South WEbster @ Minford
Valley @ Wheelersburg
Manchester @ Fayetteville
Ripley @ Eastern Brown
West Union @ North Adams
Unioto @ Huntington
Maysville @ Crooksville
Coal Grove @ Rock Hill
St Joe @ Manchester

Go to wkkj.com......sports.....sports scores and scroll down some. They have some of those games and their makeup dates listed.

... granted some of these games may have later makeup dates ... if you know please post the makeup date ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

!!!! Didn't scroll down far enough again. Easy to do on the phone. Read my sentence after your list of games.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

some of the game results from my list :

Eastern Brown 67
Ripley 28

West Union 64
North Adams 83

Manchester 41
Fayetteville 68

I will assume the others are to be made up down the road ...

Symmes Valley @ Green
New Boston @ Notre Dame
South Webster @ Minford
Maysville @ Crooksville
Coal Grove @ Rock Hill
St Joes @ Manchester

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

For some SCOL followers...previously undefeated in league action, Clinton Massie was knocked off by East Clinton last night in a county rivalry game w/ tons of action, poor officiating and crazy fans. (Just as you'd expect in high school bball) EC 55 CM 51, congrats to Coach Webber for getting his boys fired up.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Fairfield Union 50
Logan Elm 45

... watched a good game last night in Braves Country as Fairfield Union defeated Logan Elm 50-45 ... low scoring but well played by both teams FU came out very physical , took advantage of their height/SIZE advantage while riding the shooting of junior PG Jordan Barr (23 points, 3 treys) ... LE trailed at all of the quarter breaks LE 9-14 FU, LE 24-27 FU at intermission,LE 29-38 FU the 3rd quarter was LE's unraveling as Logan Elm could muster but 5 pts on 2 fgs in the quarter; the Braves of Coach Stiverson held FU to 1 fg in the 4th but had to put FU on the line in hopes that Coach Brusco's squad would miss enough to make it interesting down the stretch FU went 10/19 in the 4th from the line - enough to get to "first team to 50 wins"... Fairfield Union 50 Logan Elm 45 a final ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Logan Elm ...

Scoring : Dillon Young 19,Trent Congrove 12, Waylon Artrip 7, Cory Heeter 3, Logan Thompson 2, Casey Tyler 2

3 Pointers : 4/11 ... Young 3, Artrip 1

FT's : 7/13

TO's : 9

... Logan Elm will have ALL of it's pieces returning for the 2013-14 season as the entire squad is made up of juniors ... missing from this years lineup is an inside presence ... hard to play the lockdown defense and have the continual motion offense that LE HAS TO play for 32 minutes ... when you go up against a team that IS physical, that CAN get inside, that plays the lockdown D on the perimeter that FU did last night - makes it tough to get looks from the perimeter, even tougher to get into the paint, to the rim ... throw in that LE doesn't have the "numbers" of perimeter scoring threats they need to be successful from the perimeter consistently makes LE scoring challenged which we've seen all season ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Fairfield Union ...

Scoring : Jordan Barr 23, David Wolshire 7, Sam Green 6, Thomas Green 6, Josh Stewart 4, Logan Clayborn 2, Matt Ruff 2

3 Pointers : 6/14 ... Barr 3, T. Green 2, S. Green 1

FT's : 16/27 ... 10/19 in the 4th period

TOs : 11

... Fairfield Union will be a dangerous matchup in the sectional for any of the top seeded teams ... FU's record stands at a deceiving 7-8 heading into next weeks action ... FU plays solid defense, can make getting perimeter looks difficult, Coach Brusco's squad isn't overly tall but has good bulk,strength on the boards, and play a very physical brand of basketball ... PG Jordan Barr handles pressure well off the dribble and makes the right decisions with the pass when giving up the ball under pressure ... not a team I want to go up against in the first round of sectional play ...

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

I needed a hoops fix after the cancellations on Friday, so I made my way across Scioto County to watch Valley host North Adams. Outside of Ironton, I don't think there is D-III team that is playing at Valley's level right now. I try to see as many teams SOC teams as possible and watch any other big games in the area, and the Indians are very impressive. Last night they dominated all aspects of the game against a good North Adams team. Valley attacked inside with Dunn and Howard, outside with West, and used a deep athletic bench of Rolfe, Brown, and Clark-Holbrook to beat the Green Devils. They played an unselfish game and probably finished with 20 assists as a team. North Adams came out shooting well and looking to establish Drago (Bales, who is an impressive athlete) inside but the defense from Valley forced tough contested shots that lead to transition buckets. I don't know how things are going to shake out with the tournament selections but that Jackson sectional once again has the teams that should represent the south east district in Columbus.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD! I have a little bone to pick with you my friend ... The Wahama White Falcons do in fact own a 'league affiliation pass' ... why are they not listed on the Elite 8 list?

page 43, paragraph 3 in the Elite 8 by-laws states: any team that calls a southeast district league their home - deserves an Elite 8 ranking. A 'southeast district league' is defined by how many of its members are in the southeast district - it must be over 50% ... lol ... the TVC Hocking qualifies, which means the White Falcons qualify!

and no, MORGAN does not! ... they don't have a 'Convo pass' and the MVL doesn't have over 50% membership.

BTW ... Wahama has won 4 games in a row and are now (6-8) on the season ... so rank them accordingly ... AND they won a state championship in football - so their run lasted longer than any of our other Ohio playoff football teams ... their last football game was DECEMBER 1ST - two days after the basketball season began in Ohio.

:)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I forgot to mention ... the beautiful bridge connecting Pomeroy to Mason? Its all lit up in PURPLE!

If that's not enough to be added to Pfloyd's Elite 8 list, I don't know what is.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

you guys are hilarious, never seeing eye to eye on these list.Isnt Wahama a foreign school?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”