Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast OH

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast

Post by ty.stephens »

blackcobra1 wrote:C'mon man, your words can be changed around easily, like," there were plenty of people that were better athletes than him and thats why he sat after highschool" The only thing is.... I dont think he should have, I feel he was a better asset than they allowed up north. But back on point, Peebles this year is still a one man show, the timid unselfish freshman that "would start on most teams" lol will dish those passes to a not so open Justice leading to turnovers, while their big man with his 17" vert and lighting speed bringing up the rear....Seriously Best in the Southeast, need to rethink that. Cavs above them all day.

Beau is a tremendous player. If anyone wants to argue that than they must not have ever watched him play. However, Peebles has more than Beau. We have several kids who can and will step up big this year. The amount of time these kids put in every day is incredible. What do they do during offseason? Well there is no offseason for most of them. They lift weights, shoot in the gym by themselves, dribble in the back hallways after school when the gym is being used. All this because they want to get better. That to me speaks for itself. It should be a great and exciting season!

Just A Fan
Waterboy

Post by Just A Fan »

Beau is a great player in the SHAC and against alot of the teams that Peebles plays but everyone saw last year that he was alot more ineffective against teams in the tournament and against Portsmouth in the regular season. I also have a hard time believing that Tanner Arey would start for most teams in the southeast district, he cant play at that level yet from what i saw this summer. Peebles supporting cast is not as good as people proclaim either. Fairfield shut down Beau's supporting cast last year completley and beat them by 18 points.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Portsmouth was preety special,I feel they could be better defensively, saw a lot of "playing off the ball" and it killed them in Athens, hope they improve and Skye is healthy

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

There will be 7 teams playing in a Christmas tournament at Portsmouth High School. Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Minford, Wheelersburg, Peebles, Notre Dame, and South Gallia will play games on Friday, Dec.26 and Saturday, Dec.27. Don't have the official times, but Portsmouth will play Wheelersburg on Friday, then play Chillicothe on Saturday. Minford will play Chillicothe on Friday. I believe there will be 3 games on Saturday.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

yes I ll be there for that Trojan Dave. Unfortuantely Ty that stuff has been tried for years, talent and athleticism beat hard work everytime. Im sure you may or know people that use to shoot and practice constantly only to be outdone by the kid that shows up once a week but has more talent? Peebles is shy on Atheticism and talent, yes theyll win a few, but far from Cavs and Trojans, theyll beat up on some of they SHAC teams but outside that it will be tough.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Tribe you are correct, I should have directed my rebuttal towards Beagle. I want to see Peebles play this year at some point. Will have to try and work it out.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I would keep an eye on Sciotoville East

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Tartanblue wrote:I would keep an eye on Sciotoville East
I hear they have a new coach on the staff

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I have heard a couple things but that was just walking by people at ballgames

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

I will believe it when I see it heard this person was helping a Valley last year too.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

3 of Pfloyd's top 8 and 4 of his top 10 will be playing in the Portsmouth Holiday Tournament Dec.26-Dec.27. According to my season ticket renewal form, the Trojans will play at 9:00 both nights. Of course that is an approximate time depending on the length of the preceding games.

blue1
Waterboy

Post by blue1 »

The Portsmouth holiday touramnent sounds like it is going to be a great weekend for high school basketball. Who is Portsmouth playing these two nights?

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

gpatton44: The Trojans will be playing Wheelersburg on Friday, then Chillicothe on Saturday. Minford will play Chillicothe on Friday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I haven't had a chance to take a "good" look at the "lineup" for the 2014-15 season BUT I will be dusting off the Ouija Board, consulting with the Committee of One - Me in the near future to start gathering "scouting reports" , schedules, napkin stats , insider trading information etc. … the Top 8 "ain't" budging though until after the season starts - those boys will settle any and all questions about who is the Elite in Southern/Southeastern Ohio … might be some "preseason" movement in teams lining up in the TreeHugger Wannabe rankings however as more info comes into the Pfloyd BB Study here in the Land of the Purple …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

daniC or trojandave … what is the date for the Portsmouth/Unioto scrimmage ??? … Unioto taking on Chillicothe the night before Thanksgiving in their Foundation Game - is that at UHS or Chilli ?

… getting the blood pumping here as Week 10 of FB season is over … the "majority" of schools are looking at injuries from football - will they carryover into roundball? … or more likely breathing easier knowing that FB is over and some of the key players for BB survived the rigors of the gridiron LOL … it's November 2nd ! the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic (returning to the 2 day schedule of games this season) - 3 games Friday night & 7 games Saturday - gets the Pfloyd 2014-15 Tour of SEO underway … loving it !!!! Dec 5th @ ZT Tip Off for 3 …

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: Don't have the official date of the Unioto scrimmage, but when I find out I will post it........if danicalifornia doesn't post it first.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

11/18- Portsmouth at Unioto
11/25- Chillicothe at Unioto (Foundation Game)

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth's scrimmage schedule:

Nov.18 at Unioto 6 PM
Nov.21 at Logan Elm 6 PM
Nov.25 at Waverly 6 PM
Nov.26 Minford at PHS 10 AM
Nov.29 at OVC Preview (South Point) vs. Coal Grove 7 PM

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… thanks as ALWAYS daniC and trojandave … Unioto/Portsmouth/Chillicothe/Logan Elm/throw in Minford … can't go wrong watching those scrimmages/games !!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Maybe no scrimmages for Athens and Trimble again - would gladly have to miss the Shriners preview too if it means they are still on the gridiron!

:)

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”