Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast OH

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
doubleplay
Waterboy

Re: Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast

Post by doubleplay »

Peebles could possibly be the best team in the entire southeast district. Have any of you seen them play? I have. They are for real. They return 5 starters plus a freshman who would should start. Tanner Arey would start on almost any other team in the district. Wait and see, but I have seen all of these boys play and they are for real.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

TribeManiac10: I respect your basketball knowledge; however, Beau Justice is not a better ALL-AROUND player than Portsmouth's Kyre Allison. Beau is a better scorer at this time, but that doesn't make him a better all-around player. Kyre is a better rebounder and defender than Justice is. Kyre also averaged almost 19.5 PPG while playing PG, and could have scored more if he so desired. I will also mention Chillicothe's Tommy Bolte (22 PPG) in the same conversation. He scored 28 points vs. the Trojans in a Chillicothe win last year. Justice was held to only 9 points vs. Portsmouth in a Trojan blowout.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

trojandave wrote:TribeManiac10: I respect your basketball knowledge; however, Beau Justice is not a better ALL-AROUND player than Portsmouth's Kyre Allison. Beau is a better scorer at this time, but that doesn't make him a better all-around player. Kyre is a better rebounder and defender than Justice is. Kyre also averaged almost 19.5 PPG while playing PG, and could have scored more if he so desired. I will also mention Chillicothe's Tommy Bolte (22 PPG) in the same conversation. He scored 28 points vs. the Trojans in a Chillicothe win last year. Justice was held to only 9 points vs. Portsmouth in a Trojan blowout.
That would be a valuable point, however Beau was sick during the Portsmouth game and only played to try to keep it semi respectable. The year before at Peebles in a Peebles win when both players came in at top form Beau tossed in 26pts to Allison's 14. Kyre is a solid player but we will just have to agree to disagree on who the district's best is. I do not believe Beau has an apparent flaw in his game other than being undersized for the 2 spot. This season he will average 30ppg while defending the other team's best player (unless it is an odd positional matchup with a post player) and probably get close to leading Peebles in rebounding (Came close last year by averaging over 6 a game despite being barely over 6' tall). He loves to get up in the opposition's grill and be a disturbance on the defensive end.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Coming from an unbiased outsider, Allison is the better player. Justice may average more points a game, but definitely shoots more shots than Allison.

Allison is incredibly skilled with the ball and more athletic than Justice. Justice may be the better spot shooter, I will give him that, but Allison can shoot it. Allison will also go to a bigger school/division that Justice will, and I think the college coaches know a little bit more about talent than us forum posters.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Beagle12 wrote:Peebles could possibly be the best team in the entire southeast district. Have any of you seen them play? I have. They are for real. They return 5 starters plus a freshman who would should start. Tanner Arey would start on almost any other team in the district. Wait and see, but I have seen all of these boys play and they are for real.
What position do you play? :-D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Peebles and Portsmouth do not play each other this year? That's a shame. I would take Portsmouth by 15-20...and the Cavs by a similar margin.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bbjunky81 wrote:Coming from an unbiased outsider, Allison is the better player. Justice may average more points a game, but definitely shoots more shots than Allison.

Allison is incredibly skilled with the ball and more athletic than Justice. Justice may be the better spot shooter, I will give him that, but Allison can shoot it. Allison will also go to a bigger school/division that Justice will, and I think the college coaches know a little bit more about talent than us forum posters.
Your answer is in itself a contradiction. Beau has a large amount of D1 interest and is rated higher than Allison in their respective classes via tripledoubleprospects so that would only strengthen my argument. :| Kyre probably is a little more athletic though.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

BillyHoyle42 wrote:
Beagle12 wrote:Peebles could possibly be the best team in the entire southeast district. Have any of you seen them play? I have. They are for real. They return 5 starters plus a freshman who would should start. Tanner Arey would start on almost any other team in the district. Wait and see, but I have seen all of these boys play and they are for real.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Peebles and Portsmouth do not play each other this year? That's a shame. I would take Portsmouth by 15-20...and the Cavs by a similar margin.
Guess we will never find out ;-)

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Coming from an unbiased outsider, Allison is the better player. Justice may average more points a game, but definitely shoots more shots than Allison.

Your answer is in itself a contradiction. Beau has a large amount of D1 interest and is rated higher than Allison in their respective classes via tripledoubleprospects so that would only strengthen my argument. :| Kyre probably is a little more athletic though.
What schools have made offers to Beau?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

BillyHoyle42 wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:

What schools have made offers to Beau?
Not sure about offers, I do not talk to him frequently. I do however know Gardner Webb and he had mutual interest and he took a trip down south for a visit. Has Allison received a D1 offer?

doubleplay
Waterboy

Post by doubleplay »

BillyHoyle42 wrote:

That is funny. I am too old to play, and I am not even from Peebles. I have seen seen and coached in over 600 basketball games and have seen both Kyre and Beau play multiple times. Kyre should be a better college player, but Beau is a better high school player. If you are basing your opinion off of one game last year between Portsmouth and Peebles, then your thinking is flawed. I wish that Portsmouth and Chillicothe both played Peebles this year. I would pay to see those games. I am sure that the games would be competitive. Peebles has more than Beau Justice.

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
blackcobra1 wrote:Cavs should be above Peebles all day .PHS One guy gets the ball on that team this year, they still tryin to get their boy a better deal?
Not sure how a district championship team that should be even better this season moves down further than that. They are more than Beau Justice and everyone they play will find out sooner or later.
I will agree the Cavs should be above Peebles. Last year, the Cavs knocked off pfloyd's #1 team (Portsmouth) while the Indians struggled. I may be wrong, but I think the Cavs will be a tough opponent for many. If we are ignoring the Divisions they play in, the Cavs should definitely be above Peebles. Yes, they were a district championship team, but I find it hard to imagine Peebles doing as well with the Cavs schedule. We shall see. Maybe I know nothing :-D[/quote]Im not sure why the Indians would struggle with their schedule considering they have the best player in the district regardless of division and a supporting cast that would respectably rival most teams in the Southeast. Would they have won as many games as they would have last year with Chillicothe's schedule? No, probably not. Would they have struggled? I don't think we can say that either.[/quote]

If you watched that district championship game that peebles won you were there to witness that south gallia had the best player on the floor not peebles. 1 less foul on greer and the rebels win that game and they nearly won it anyhow. Things will be different if they meet this year

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

[/quote]If you watched that district championship game that peebles won you were there to witness that south gallia had the best player on the floor not peebles. 1 less foul on greer and the rebels win that game and they nearly won it anyhow. Things will be different if they meet this year[/quote]

Looking forward to it.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Trojandave ! … I just read that Sky Oliver has a football season ending injury - how will this effect his senior year on the hardwood ? …

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: Sky will be ready to go for basketball season........and that is coming from two VERY GOOD sources that I have spoken to.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Beau best player? for real. We saw his speed against afrocentric lol, his jumping Cmon. Teach an athlete to shoot, cant teach a shooter to be an athlete. He's a good player, but best in all southeast? His brother had D1 looks too and what, He's a 6'0" kid that can shoot, if you can stretch him to 6'5 maybe I'll agree with you. Did the Cavs play Peebles this summer?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote:pfloyd: Sky will be ready to go for basketball season........and that is coming from two VERY GOOD sources that I have spoken to.
… AWESOME !!! hate seeing the injuries to those seniors that have the potential to effect others sports - sounds good trojandave - thanks for clearing that one up … Logan's BIG in Kevin Fisher has a broken hand from football ! should be back for hoops BUT just adds uncertainty to a season of promise for the Purple …

Thanks trojandave …

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

blackcobra1 wrote:Beau best player? for real. We saw his speed against afrocentric lol, his jumping Cmon. Teach an athlete to shoot, cant teach a shooter to be an athlete. He's a good player, but best in all southeast? His brother had D1 looks too and what, He's a 6'0" kid that can shoot, if you can stretch him to 6'5 maybe I'll agree with you. Did the Cavs play Peebles this summer?
He's the most skilled. I won't debate you that there are better athletes. Blake got a 2 free years of tuition at a D1 program and is now the leading scorer for a good D2 school, there were plenty of people that were better athletes than him that sat at home after high school so I don't understand your point.

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

I would pay $$ to watch Beau Justice play Tommy Bolte one on one. Two really good players. I can't see Peebles matching Chilly's athleticism.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

C'mon man, your words can be changed around easily, like," there were plenty of people that were better athletes than him and thats why he sat after highschool" The only thing is.... I dont think he should have, I feel he was a better asset than they allowed up north. But back on point, Peebles this year is still a one man show, the timid unselfish freshman that "would start on most teams" lol will dish those passes to a not so open Justice leading to turnovers, while their big man with his 17" vert and lighting speed bringing up the rear....Seriously Best in the Southeast, need to rethink that. Cavs above them all day.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

blackcobra1 wrote:C'mon man, your words can be changed around easily, like," there were plenty of people that were better athletes than him and thats why he sat after highschool" The only thing is.... I dont think he should have, I feel he was a better asset than they allowed up north. But back on point, Peebles this year is still a one man show, the timid unselfish freshman that "would start on most teams" lol will dish those passes to a not so open Justice leading to turnovers, while their big man with his 17" vert and lighting speed bringing up the rear....Seriously Best in the Southeast, need to rethink that. Cavs above them all day.
haha I think you are arguing with me over what other people have said. If you look at my post again I am agreeing with you about Blake. Plus I never said I think Peebles has the best team in the district regardless of division(Just D4 IMO). I only stated my belief that Beau is the best player, which I will be hard to sway on until I see how much guys like Bolte and Allison have improved since I've seen them last. Also, Beagle mentioned Tanner starting on most teams not me. He is a good player but I believe it will be a year or two before he is competing at an all-district level. I also think it is a little unfair to hate on our center for not being an elite athlete. Many bigs in the Southeast have proven to be effective sans an NBA level vertical leap.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”