SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

The final score from New Boston

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That place looks cool to watch a game! Reminds me of the gym in Hoosiers - when the Hickory player punched the kid after he poked Gene Hackman in the chest ... "Who are you calling a gorilla?" ... "You for one!" ... lol ... I swear - the gym in the movie is an exact replica of the one in NB.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

great pictures of the old lady thanks for sharing,brings back some home flaver

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LetsGoPSU wrote:great pictures of the old lady thanks for sharing,brings back some home flaver

to bad we couldnt get a picture of the concrete step that is in play on the floor on the one end,LOL, glad to see new boston getting a new place to play I have seen some good ones in that old place though.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great pics Ozzie ! I'm sure playing in NB will never be the same ...the doorway where the East coaching staff is standing on floor level - I recall a hoops practice that wasn't going so well ... then NB Head Coach Steve Jenkins had the managers open those doors, he had all of us walk around the perimeter of the floor while he stood at center court and ripped our butts! after the first trip around he yelled "Hit the halls!!!" we ran thru the floor level doors into the school -down the basement level hall, up the stairs to the 1st floor down the hall, up the stairs to the top floor down the hall, thru the balcony level doors, down the balcony stairs back to the court -where Coach Jenkins had us walk the perimeter of the floor while he ripped our butts some more LOL ... this went on for a good 10 trips of "Hit the Halls!!! LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That's funny, I didn't they allowed 'long-haired, Pink Floyd listening liberals' to play basketball back then? Did you at least wear a head-band ... ala Bill Walton? How how about the tube socks pulled up to the knees, did you wear those Floyd? lol

- We all know you wore the Chuck Taylors - you still have em on after all these years.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”