Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Final Editi

Post by pfloyd »

... Lydia Poe of Jackson IS "Ms. Country" !!! tell me she throws shot and discus on the JHS girls track team ! looking forward to seeing her play ... as far as "Mrs. Floyd" doing a ranking - I'm thinking there isn't enough time as Farmville is a priority to doing a ranking by the Mrs. - too many crops to harvest, trees to plant etc. LOL ...

... Pfloyd doing a girls game ?!! do I have to get "colored" pencils to do the stats - something in pink or magenta maybe ... what is the world coming to ???!!! :122249

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

93Bulldog wrote:
pfloyd wrote:ALRIGHT!!!!! I'll be at the Convo Tuesday night for the girls games !!!!!!!!

LOL!

I'm curious what part we finally sold you on Floyd?

* about all the SEOPS legends that will be their? (which might also include 4-the-kids - her niece plays for Jackson ..... its been a loooooong time since we've heard a peep out of 4-the-kids - a true HUDDLE/SEOPS legend that's for sure!)
* Was it my point about Eastern vs Southern? lol ... nothing like a Reedsville/Racine rumble with everything on the line - that place will be a MADD HOUSE!
* or is it becuase you just can't wait to hear Lou?

Some more reasons I should have given and a little rundown on the teams.

1. The coach at Jackson is MATT WALBURN - one of the best BOYS players to ever play for the Ironmen over the last 30 years.
2. The coach at Athens is WAYNE HORSLEY - who is a fun coach to watch, pretty animated and did I mention how important he is to the district tournament? EVERY district pass handed out is (uh, um) authorized by him, Floyd.
3. The players are great to watch. Athens has a high scoring sophomore guard who can light it up from the outside and a 6-foot-1 center underneath the basket. Jackson has their own high scoring guard and maybe the best forward/center your gonna see at a girls game. I'm tellin ya Floyd, you gonna love Lydia Poe ... if you ever remember Bryant Reeves, who played for Oklahoma State way back when (a.k.a. 'BIG COUNTRY') ... Well, Poe is that kind of player ... lol ... she's 'MS. COUNTRY'
I'm not a SEOPS legend yet (but i'm working on it) but i agree that pfloyd should come join us at the Convo. You will also see a pretty good Miami Trace Lady Panther team that plays very good defense and has some players that are fun to watch. Deidre McKay (#11)is the team's leading scoring and a joy to watch, she's one of the quickest players I've seen and she can do it all. #22 Ariana Mabra is a shutdown defender and does all the little things plus scoring. #24 Abby Schwenk is a 6' post player who can dominate inside (Marietta had no answer for her) and runs the floor very well. You won't regret watching both of these games Tuesday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog is blackmailing pfloyd!!! NOW who has Mafia/ponzi scheme connections ? ... hey!!! I DO get in FREE & have the pass into the hospitality room - LIFE IS GOOD ! :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... mray23 !!!! what are you doing??? now I have NAMES of specific players to watch, skills sets of some of the girls, "things" to watch for from the girls on the court ... my basketball mind is spinning "boys/girls/boys/girls/boys/girls basketball" I may run into a case of "basketball brain freeze" before all is said and done LOL ... I'm there Tuesday night, napkin stats for TWO games ... will give it my best good ol' pfloyd try on the game recaps as well - I'm not ready for "What if I actually LIKE watching the girls game of basketball ?!!" ... may have to contact my psychologist after Tuesday night for a "little chat" LOL ...

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I'll be at Meigs Tuesday night but count on me being at the Convo every night. Maybe Pfloyd can come get a look at Miss Burdette Sunday night at the Convo

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... Lydia Poe of Jackson IS "Ms. Country" !!! tell me she throws shot and discus on the JHS girls track team ! looking forward to seeing her play ... as far as "Mrs. Floyd" doing a ranking - I'm thinking there isn't enough time as Farmville is a priority to doing a ranking by the Mrs. - too many crops to harvest, trees to plant etc. LOL ...

... Pfloyd doing a girls game ?!! do I have to get "colored" pencils to do the stats - something in pink or magenta maybe ... what is the world coming to ???!!! :122249

Mrs. 'Farmer Floyd' ... lol

and no - you don't need colored pencils ... but I am however searching for LOU'S e-mail address ... gotta get him to 'call out' Floyd - in his intro - for being at a girls game Tuesday ... :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: ... but I am however searching for LOU'S e-mail address ... gotta get him to 'call out' Floyd - in his intro - for being at a girls game Tuesday ... :mrgreen:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!! my rep will be ruined, I will have to travel in disguise for the rest of my life wherever I go ... the Purple Hippo will be shunned by any hardcore boys high school basketball fan, coaches will be asking for all those shirts back !!! No more pizzas from Pizza Crossing - forced to eat pizza from Bob's Pizza the rest of my life!!! ... ruined I tell you !!! "What a world ! what a world !!" - Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz AS HER LIFE IS MELTING AWAY !!! :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

"Welcome to the Convo for this division II district final between the Athens Lady Bulldogs and the Ironladies of Jackson ... even the famous Pfloyd is in attendence to take in this mega-match-up between two of southeastern Ohio's elite ... you don't have to look at your watch, no need to find a clock, we tell you what time it is at the Convocation Center - it's basketball thirty - lets go to the starting line-ups!"

:mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Super Trooper wrote:I'll be at Meigs Tuesday night but count on me being at the Convo every night. Maybe Pfloyd can come get a look at Miss Burdette Sunday night at the Convo
JENNA 'THE JETT' BURDETTE ... she is definitely worth watching ... one of my top 5 favorite players in southeastern Ohio ... boys or girls!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

basketball is basketball, I can say this because here in Happy Valley its all about those Lady Lions :)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Westerville North 77 (#4 in the state D1)
Logan 44

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Teams that have made it to the Convo for Basketball Thirty are listed in Red ... teams in black are D4 teams which will be playing Tuesday/Wednesday nights to play themselves into a Convo D4 SE District berth ...

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

1. Ironton (18-2)/ Warren (21-1)

2. Eastern Brown (20-2)

3. Piketon (19-3)

4. Eastern Pike (17-3)

5. Minford (17-4)

6. Vinton County (17-4)/ Athens (18-4)

7. Oak Hill (18-4)

8. Lucasville Valley (17-5)

... TreeHugger Wannabes ...

Miami Trace (15-6)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (18-3)
Zane Trace (16-5)

Fairland (16-6)
South Webster (14-7)
Logan Elm (14-8)

Unioto ( 14-8)

North Adams (12-10)

Portsmouth East (13-7)

Fairfield Leesburg (11-11)
Southeastern (10-11)

Chillicothe (7-15)

Lynchburg Clay (9-11)

Symmes Valley (11-10)

Meigs (9-11)

Reedsville Eastern (8-14)
Crooksville (8-11)

Miller (9-13)

Waterford (7-12)

...Teams on the End Table ...

Gone

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Will MILLER be the 'lowest' team on the list in red?

Hmmmmmmmmm ....

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... why yes Miller will be :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... you DO NOT want Miller to win my friend ... ol 93Dog will NEVER let you hear the end of it!

let me just get it started ...

"I TOLD YOU THEY WERE BETTER THAN WHERE YOU HAD THEM RANKED ... THEY ARE 1 OF ONLY 28 TOTAL THAT TEAMS THAT REACHED THE CONVO - AND YOU HAD THEM RANKED 58TH????"

"NO RESPECT FOR THE KIDS-IN-CORNING!"

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog - I HOPE the Falcons get a Convo invite ! I want to see the Purple & Black in action ... everything you have told me has me wanting to catch Miller this season, might as well be on the "BIG BOY" stage at the Convo !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... 93dog - I HOPE the Falcons get a Convo invite ! I want to see the Purple & Black in action ... everything you have told me has me wanting to catch Miller this season, might as well be on the "BIG BOY" stage at the Convo !

If you weren't hanging out watching GIRLS games, you could see them Tuesday!

LOL!

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Pfloyd---dont get too caught up in 93bulldogs talk about Miller. They are exactly what there record says very mediocre. Some nights there good (see wins over Belpre), other nights they are really bad (South Gallia and Waterford losses) I hope for the best, but neither Trimble or Miller have much of chance against South Webster when they get to the convo unfortunatly. It would be by far one of the biggest upsets in SE tournament history if one of those teams beat SW.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BigShooter wrote:Pfloyd---dont get too caught up in 93bulldogs talk about Miller. They are exactly what there record says very mediocre. Some nights there good (see wins over Belpre), other nights they are really bad (South Gallia and Waterford losses) I hope for the best, but neither Trimble or Miller have much of chance against South Webster when they get to the convo unfortunatly. It would be by far one of the biggest upsets in SE tournament history if one of those teams beat SW.
We so need a 'like' button and 'dislike' button on SEOPS ... you would get a big fat DISLIKE for that post Bigshooter.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GO FALCONS!!!!

THE NEW 'PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS!!!!'

nobody had faith in them making the Convo back in December - except good ol 93Bulldog!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”