Post by Falcon01 »

Fu over Amanda 50-40

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 45
Piketon 43

Andrew Warner hits a 19 footer at the buzzer to win it for the Shermans. He had 8 out of the Shermans last 9 down the stretch. Unioto closes on a 11-2 run to end it. Unioto is now 7-2, while Piketon drops to 5-3.

Quick Stats
Turnovers: Piketon 17, Unioto 18
3pters: Piketon 1-9(Collier), Unioto 2-9(Arledge, North)
FT: Piketon 4-7, Unioto 3-8
Bench Scoring: 6 for each
Rebounds: Piketon 19, Unioto 35(16 offensive)

Piketon:
Moore 14 pts, 5 rebs, 3 stls
Brabson 12 pts, 3 stls
Farmer 8 pts, 5 rebs

Unioto:
Warner 16 pts, 10 rebs
Detillion 9 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blks
Woods 4 pts, 10 rebs, 5 asts, 2 stls
North 5 pts, 6 rebs--1st varsity start and played very well, had a few TO's, but really was big in handling the ball
Murray is likely out another week for the Shermans.
Last edited by danicalifornia on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Logan Elm 51
Hamilton 19

Canal over Circleville by about 10

Hillsboro loses to Miami Trace

Eastern Brown over Whiteoak by 12

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington 63
Zane Trace 53

Southeastern 67
Paint Valley 64

Westfall beats Adena

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Jesco White wrote:
bRuIsEr wrote:COAL GROVE improves to 8-2 with a nice physical ballgame against an impressive River Valley squad

Coal Grove 55
River Valley 54
River Valley came in at 1-6 (now 1-7). Are they that much better than their record would indicate? I would have thought that a 1-point win by the Hornets would have been due to them having an off night. Either way, a league win is a league win and it doesn't matter if it's by 1 or 20. Congrats to the Hornets.
Coal Grove shot the ball poorly couldnt hardly get any shots to fall and turned the ball over at crucial moments. IMO Coal Grove did have an off night ... BUT, RV has a better team than thier record shows. The Grove would pull away by 5-6 points and RV would fight and claw thier way back. The Raiders squad will win games they get after it and do a good job hustling and had no quit in them. I think they are coached very well and my hat goes off to them.
Good OVC win for Coal Grove

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Canal Winchester 53 Circleville 47

Turnovers were the difference as Circleville had 20 on the game. Got down 47-33 early in the fourth and battled back to cut the deficit down to 49-47 with about a minute left.

Hamman 13, Moats 11, Amey 10, Burroughs 9
Whitlatch had 16 for Canal and Waugh with 15

Circleville showed some glimpses of what they can do. Just cut down the turnovers.

Circleville now 7-2 overall and 2-2 in the MSL-Buckeye; Canal 4-5 overall and 3-1 in the MSL-Buckeye. Canal was without one of its best players for the first two games and that hurt them. They've been pretty competitive lately against a tough non-leaguer which includes Hartley, Pick Central, Watterson and they played Pick North and Chillicothe earlier without Nolan.

Circleville hosts 7-2 Amanda on Tuesday.

Big game on Tuesday in the MSL-Buckeye with 9-0 Bloom-Carroll invading 8-1 Logan Elm.

Logan Elm got ahead 22-0 over Hamilton Township and won 51-19.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Good stuff bman, that game Tuesday night should be a great one

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Fairland lost to Chesapeake by 3 both teams battled hard. I think this shows Fairland can play with anyone

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Minford 62, Northwest 45

Austin McBee racked up 25 points and seven assists while Jared McCray added 15 points and 16 rebounds as visiting Minford (5-3, 2-2) came away with a 62-45 victory over Northwest in SOC II action.

The Mohawks (1-7, 0-4) were led by Luke Brown with 15 points and five rebounds. The Falcons play Saturday night at Adena while Northwest returns home Tuesday against West.

Minford 12 18 16 16 — 62

Northwest 8 6 17 14 — 45

Minford—McCray 7-1-15, McBee 9-7-25, Howard 3-0-7, Vallandingham 2-2-6, Gullion 3-0-7, Sanford 1-0-2, Totals 25-10-62.

Northwest—LaJoye 4-1-9, Phillips 3-0-7, L. Brown 6-0-15, Burnworth 4-0-8, Scarberry 3-0-6, Totals 20-1-45.

3-Point Goals—Minford 2 (Howard, Gullion); Northwest 4 (L. Brown 3, Phillips).

Records—Minford 5-3 (2-2); Northwest 1-7 (0-4).

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 ...

1. Warren (8-0)

2. Chesapeake (6-1) / Ironton (7-1)

3. Portsmouth (7-2)

4. Logan Elm (7-1)

5. Huntington (7-1)

6. Chillicothe (6-3)

7. Peebles (7-0)

8. Unioto (6-2)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

(5-2) Lucasville Valley
(6-2) Waverly
(5-3) Fairfield Union
(7-1) Oak Hill
(6-1) Fairland
(6-2) Hillsboro
(5-3) Vinton County
(5-2) Piketon
(5-1) South Gallia
(5-3) Lynchburg Clay
(7-1) Circleville
(5-3) Manchester
(5-3) Athens
(3-4) Jackson
(5-4) Fairfield Leesburg
(5-3) North Adams
(4-2) Minford
(2-3) South Webster
(4-1) Eastern Reedsville
(5-1) Southern
(4-2) Belpre
(4-3) Southeastern
(3-5) Marietta
(3-5) Whiteoak
(3-4) Zane Trace
(2-4) Eastern Brown
(4-3) New Lexington
(6-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame
(4-2) Wellston
(4-3) Eastern Pike
(2-4) South Point
(3-4) Sheridan
(6-3) Nelsonville York
(4-3) Federal Hocking
(1-6) Logan
(2-5) Greenfield McClain
(3-6) Gallia Academy
(6-2) Coal Grove
(2-7) Paint Valley
(4-2) New Boston Glenwood
(1-8) Westfall
(1-4) Wahama
(2-5) Washington CH
(5-4) St. Joseph
(1-6) Wheelersburg
(2-5) Miami Trace
(2-4) Portsmouth West
(2-5) Rock Hill
(3-4) Symmes Valley
(2-3) Miller

... Teams on the End Table ...

(0-5) Waterford
(1-6) Northwest
(1-6) Portsmouth Clay
(1-7) Alexander
(2-5) Western Pike
(1-5) Franklin Furnace Green
(0-7) West Union
(1-6) River Valley
(0-9) Meigs
(0-4) Portsmouth East
(0-8) Trimble
(0-7) Adena

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great job folks in getting scores for all of the games from last night !!! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 1/6 scores ...

Chillicothe 65
Warren 56

Gallia Academy 36
Portsmouth 77

Jackson 61
Logan 37

Piketon 43
Unioto 45

New Boston 56
Western Pike 53

Portsmouth ND 68
Green 38

Eastern Pike 65
Symmes Valley 35

Waverly 65
Oak Hill 42

Wheelersburg 45
South Webster 57

Lucasville Valley 65
Portsmouth West 36

Minford 62
Northwest 45

Peebles 66
Ripley 64

Fairland 49
Chesapeake 52

River Valley 54
Coal Grove 55

Eastern Brown 52
Whiteoak 40

West Union 41
Manchester 66

North Adams 50
Fairfield Leesburg 59

Nelsonville York 61
Athens 54 OT

Alexander 44
Vinton County 67

Meigs 37
Wellston 69

Trimble 70
Wood Co. Christian 67

Southern 63
Belpre 49

Miller 42
Waterford 58

Eastern Reedsville 40
South Gallia 55

Wahama 47
Federal Hocking 59

Fairfield Union 50
Amanda Clear Creek 40

Huntington 63
Zane Trace 53

Southeastern 67
Paint Valley 64

Westfall 45
Adena 39

Logan Elm 51
Hamilton Twp. 19

Canal Winchester 53
Circleville 47

Hillsboro 58
Miami Trace 65

Greenfield McClain 56
London 43

Jonathan Alder 73
Washington CH 55

Meadowbrook 32
Marietta 76

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd!!!!!!

I was starting to get worred buddy - hadn't seen you post in a few days man.

Looking forward to the week 5 edition of Floyd's top 8 ... Perhaps Southern will be placed where they should be (the highest ranking TVC team on the list ... lol)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated LOL ... had my "greet and meet" with my Oncology Team at the James Friday ... what they had to say was encouraging( as encouraging as it could be anyway) ... they are going to "delay" the immunotherapy (chemotherapy) - the docs want to remove the melanoma cancerous nodule they found in my left lung first ... they need to get a hands on view to see if it is just a "rounded" nodule or if it has "spidered" into the surrounding area of the lung where the nodule is located ... IF the immunotherapy from last Dec/Jan with the Interferon is doing it's job/keeping the cancer contained/keeping the nodule from "spidering" - the best case scenario - they will have removed the cancerous area, then they will watch me/scan me every 3 months ... IF they find that the nodule has spidered, the surgery will be more invasive and will be followed up with an aggressive immunotherapy/chemotherapy regiment ...

... I see the surgeon Jan. 23rd to discuss/schedule the surgery ... until then the "Pfloyd Tour" will continue!!! ...IF you have any pull with the BIG GUY throw up a few thoughts and prayers for this old Purple hippo guy in Hocking County - I know it goes against your upbringing to support "purple" in general LOL but maybe the folks in Athens County will make an exception for the "purple hippo" ;-p

... was at the Jackson vs Logan game last night - I thank those folks who came up to me/ asked how I was doing - it IS encouraging to know that so many people are supporting me in this battle with cancer ... (thanks for asking last night logangrad - I appreciated it)

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia won 55-40 at Reedsville Eastern. Nice win for the rebels. Coach Britton is doing a good job for Eastern.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... the rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated LOL ... had my "greet and meet" with my Oncology Team at the James Friday ... what they had to say was encouraging( as encouraging as it could be anyway) ... they are going to "delay" the immunotherapy (chemotherapy) - the docs want to remove the melanoma cancerous nodule they found in my left lung first ... they need to get a hands on view to see if it is just a "rounded" nodule or if it has "spidered" into the surrounding area of the lung where the nodule is located ... IF the immunotherapy from last Dec/Jan with the Interferon is doing it's job/keeping the cancer contained/keeping the nodule from "spidering" - the best case scenario - they will have removed the cancerous area, then they will watch me/scan me every 3 months ... IF they find that the nodule has spidered, the surgery will be more invasive and will be followed up with an aggressive immunotherapy/chemotherapy regiment ...

... I see the surgeon Jan. 23rd to discuss/schedule the surgery ... until then the "Pfloyd Tour" will continue!!! ...IF you have any pull with the BIG GUY throw up a few thoughts and prayers for this old Purple hippo guy in Hocking County - I know it goes against your upbringing to support "purple" in general LOL but maybe the folks in Athens County will make an exception for the "purple hippo" ;-p

... was at the Jackson vs Logan game last night - I thank those folks who came up to me/ asked how I was doing - it IS encouraging to know that so many people are supporting me in this battle with cancer ... (thanks for asking last night logangrad - I appreciated it)

I'll make the exception this one time Floyd ... After all-is-well though - I'm going back to hating the purple! :mrgreen:

Glad your going to be around for the immediate future - hopefully things go good and you can sit and have fun watching games at the Convo

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Good luck with everything pfloyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... that's part of MY game plan ... get me back on my feet by the time Southern/SouthEast Ohio heads for the Convo ... until then I am carrying on with "my life" - which for me is taking in High School basketball for as long as I can ... hope/pray that the surgery has the best of outcomes so that I am back in action a week or two after the surgery instead of months ... I feel like the home team just took a lead going into intermission, and those first 3 minutes coming out of half time (the surgery in late January/early Feb) will set the tone for the rest of the game ... momentum ...

... 93dog ... I will make sure I run into you before surgery, I recommend that you see your doc for some type of "purple antibiotic" especially IF you see any signs of hives, skin rash, or if you get the urge to order "purple Chuck Taylors" LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks bman ... the hardest part has been getting mentally ready to deal with this "again"- just like golf winning THIS battle is 90% mental, going to have some shots that aren't what I pictured in my mind BUT I will stick with my game plan ... as I posted before winning is the only way I know how to play the game ...

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Floyd.. ill keep ya in my thoughts just gotta stay positive and hope all works out great

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”