Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 62
Nelsonville York 48 final

... a good game tonight at Jim's Gym (heck if you take the whistle away from those officials tonight it would have been even better imo- but I digress) ... this one was tight from the get go as both teams struggled to find the bottom of the net from the field, throw in a combined 15 TOs in the opening quarter and you end up with quarter breaks of Logan 10 NY 8 after one / Logan 26 vs Nelsonville York 26 at intermission ... The Purple turned up the defense as soon as they hit floor forcing 2 quick Nelsonville York TOs & 2 quick transition buckets to start the 3rd - forcing NY to call a time out at the 7:30 mark ... Nelsonville York committed 6 TOs in the qtr. leading to 4 LHS transition baskets, Logan's defense held NY to but one field goal in the 3rd, with the Orange and White unable to dent the scoreboard until the 3:33 mark with Casey Cox hitting 2 FTs ... Logan 45 Nelsonville 31 after three ... Coach Kline has to be proud of his boyz as NY turned up the defense themselves holding LHS to 3 fgs in the 4th as Logan looked to slow it up, take the air out of the ball ... NY turned it into a game with with 5:19 to play as Kyle Moore turned a Logan turnover into 2 points cutting the LHS lead to 8 points, 50-42 ... both teams traded "punches" with NY keeping the pressure on as Daniel Kline drilled a 3 ball with 1:46 left on the clock making the score 51-46 Logan ... a steal by Kline had the 6-4 senior loose in the lane for 2 more points - BUT no a very questionable traveling call waved off the 2 points ...what would have been a 2 possession game and 4 pt Logan lead remained 6 points ... from that point on it was a parade of Logan FTs to finish out the game (Chiefs were 11/15 from the line in the 4th) ... Logan 62 Nelsonville York 48 a final ...

... much closer game than the score indicated at the end ... TO's did NY in as they turned the ball over 20 times on the night vs 14 for the Chiefs ... Logan remained atop the TVC making their TVC record 3-0 on the season (beating Vinton County, Athens and Nelsonville York) ... Great job by the Logan Student Section tonight !!!!! might be the biggest turnout I have seen for awhile!!! led by the infamous Taylor Reichling & Co ... 32 minutes of support for the Purple by the student body - has to make the team feel good ... I would like to say thank you to Nelsonville York head coach Jay Kline ... what a class act ... Coach Kline took a moment during his teams warmups to venture into the Cheap Seats to find/shake hands with pfloyd - Coach what you said means a lot to me - thank you ... best of luck to your Nelsonville York squad the rest of the season ...

Pfloyd's Official/Unofficial Napkin Stats - Nelsonville York

Scoring : Daniel Kline 12, Kyle Moore 11, Austin North 8, Casey Cox 7, Kyle Freer 4, Marc Carter/Clint Handa/Jacob Blake 2 apiece

3 Pointers : 1/10 ... Kline 1

FT's : 13/22

TOs : 20 ... 9 in the first/6 in the 3rd ...

ATR : 11 baskets At the Rim

Transition : 3

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Logan ...

Scoring : Luke Miller 21, Bird McNeal 13 (off the bench) , Tristan Myers 11, Josh Mutzner 7, Ronnie Webb 4 , Josh Vermillion 3, Gaven Jourdan 2 , Patrick Klinger 1

3 Pointers: 7/14 ... Miller 4, McNeal 3

FTs : 13/19

TOs : 14

ATR : 9 baskets At the Rim

Transition : 6

JV Score :

Logan JV 60
NY JV 38 final

... Chiefs have picked up the D and not surprisingly the offense has clicked as well ... 3-2 in the last 5 outings with an excellent game vs Portsmouth included in one the 2 setbacks ... a BIG road game vs Chillicothe at the Hat Friday night ... going to see what the youngsters learned vs 6-8 Malik London when the Cavs came calling back in early December ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a couple of scores out of the MVL ...

New Lexington 65
Crooksville 40

Maysville 57
Sheridan 65

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... more scores ...

Miami Trace 39
Greenfield McClain 57

Hillsboro 59 (9-3)
Clinton Massie 57

Whiteoak 87
Ripley 80 2OTs

Eastern Brown 53
Georgetown 48

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I have a feeling that Hillsboro will be in for a rude awakening at Southeastern.

But:
Circleville 49
Logan Elm 39

Wow. There are going to be some ridiculous records at the Southeastern draw.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

I don't think enough can be said about how big Circlevilles victory over Logan Elm was for that program. First County title in god only knows and first win over their arch rivals in over a decade.

See ya at Spangler

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Pfloyd I see you moved Southern up. You probably thought that would shut 93 and me up. lol. Now what are the odds of Circleville cracking the elite 8?lol I liked how this team played over the summer but was surprised on the Logan Elm victory. I also liked how Waverly looked over the summer but after the beat down Valley put on them I would guess they would be gone from the elite. I know you have watched South Webster and now I see 93 is taking you to a Southern game lol. So let me know how you think these two teams would stack up against each other. While you are at it I know you watched Africentric play so let us know if any of the D4 teams in SEO you have watched have much of a chance if they would meet Africentric in the regionals. As always great napkin stats I always look forward to them. I really enjoyed all the run down on the games at Chesapeake last Saturday.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm deserves pulled out of the Elite Eight and Circleville should go in if they can hang with Bloom-Carroll on Friday. Circleville snapped an 18-game losing streak to Logan Elm. They had solid balance score, controlled the glass and played good team defense. LE looked unemotional for a rivalry game. Not a good thing. LE's ball movement and movement on the court in general was not good, and it looked like the team we saw in the first three games compared to the next seven games going into the Circleville game.

Major props to the Tigers on the win.

LOGAN ELM — Young 4-4-12; Cory Heeter 2-0-4; Vagnier 2-1-5; Pritchard 1-0-2; Riffle 6-3-16. Three-point goals — Riffle. Totals — 15-46 8-13 39.

CIRCLEVILLE — Burroughs 1-4-6; Smith 2-4-8; Amey 2-3-7; Johnson 1-0-2; Hamman 4-1-12; Moats 3-4-10; Manson 2-0-4. Three-point goals — Hamman (3). Totals — 15-28 16-26 49.

Quarter scores 1 2 3 4 F

Logan Elm 5 13 11 10 39

Circleville 7 15 10 17 49

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

dani, Agree with you completely with Hillsboro and I'd throw in the other SCOL teams as well. Hopefully the SCOL will go after Wilmington and Chillicothe now to replace Plains and London and become a better overall league.

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Pfloyd the only game Chesapeake lost was to Logan Elm at the convo. Huntington St. Joe--Gallia Academy--East Carter--Coal Grove--South Point--Logan Elm--Ironton--Fairland--River Valley--Rock Hill--Russell Ky.---------------Logan Elm was the only loss.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks peake hoops - it was the Rock Hill "W" that I was missing ... got it now ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7 ...

1. Chesapeake (10-1)

2. Chillicothe (9-3)/Warren (9-1)/Portsmouth (11-2)

3. Ironton (10-2)

4. Lucasville Valley (10-2)

5. Logan Elm (8-2)

6. Waverly (10-2)

7. Fairland (10-2)

8. Hillsboro (8-3)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

(8-3) Southeastern Ross
(9-3) Huntington Ross
(8-2) Peebles
(8-3) Unioto
(7-4) Fairfield Union
(8-2) Circleville
(5-4) Eastern Brown
(9-1) Southern
(8-4) Manchester
(8-3) Oak Hill
(7-4) Piketon
(8-3) Minford
(7-5) Vinton County
(7-3) Belpre
(6-3) South Gallia
(6-5) Marietta
(5-5) Jackson
(4-5) South Webster
(4-7) Whiteoak
(6-5) Lynchburg Clay
(6-5) Fairfield Leesburg
(6-4) Sheridan
(5-4) North Adams
(5-2) Wellston
(9-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame
(7-3) Eastern Pike
(4-8) Greenfield McClain
(7-4) Nelsonville York
(4-6) Zane Trace
(5-7) Athens
(5-5) Federal Hocking
(9-3) Coal Grove
(6-6) South Point
(4-6) New Lexington
(5-5) Miami Trace
(5-6) Washington CH
(5-5) Symmes Valley
(5-3) New Boston
(3-5) Waterford
(3-9) Westfall
(2-9) Paint Valley
(2-8) Logan
(3-6) Miller
(4-6) Crooksville
(6-5) St. Joseph
(3-6) Wahama
(4-4) Reedsville Eastern
(3-9) Gallia Academy
(3-7) Portsmouth West
(3-7) Rock Hill
(1-9) Wheelersburg
(2-8) Alexander

... Teams on the End Table ...

(1-6) Portsmouth East
(2-9) Western Pike
(2-8) Franklin Furnace Green
(1-10) Trimble
(1-9) Northwest
(0-10) West Union
(1-9) River Valley
(1-9) Portsmouth Clay
(0-12) Meigs
(0-10) Adena

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Floyd- will a win over Logan Elm get Circleville close to the top 8?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... how are the Elite 8 doing in the Week that IS ??? ...

#8 Hillsboro with a 2 point win over Clinton Massie goes to (9-3) ...'boro 59 Clinton Massie 57

#4 Lucasville Valley beat #6 Waverly ... Valley 59 vs Waverly 42 ... Valley moves to (11-2) while Waverly drops to (10-3) ...

#5 Logan Elm dropped their 2nd game in a row losing to upstart Circleville HS in Roundtown ... CH 49 vs LE 39 ... Logan Elm falls to (8-3) on the season ...

Co #2 Warren Local (10-1) added a "W" to their pocket schedules beating Washington county rival Marietta 44-39 ...

Co #2 Portsmouth (12-2) hosted #3 Ironton (10-3) ... the Trojans hung an "L" on the Fighting Tigers 59-53

Co #2 Chillicothe (9-4) took on Dayton CJ at the Flying to the Hoop Invitational Monday evening ... the Cavs took it on the chin losing big 64-44 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LoganElm_grad09 ... the Roundtown boyz moved to 9-2 on the season with that BIG "W" over a proven winner in LE and Coach Stiverson's Braves ... definitely will have the committee's attention, this as Circleville takes on yet ANOTHER "proven winner" AND the AP's D3 #1 Bloom Carroll AT BC ... do they need to win that one? I'm guessing the committee will look at the final score for sure ... I have seen Bloom Carroll twice this season so I know what the Bulldogs bring to the hardwood with McGlone/Ireland/Watts/Schmitz/James ... Logan Elm played BC to a 12 point loss ... we'll see how Roundtown fares ... with ALL of that said the win over Logan Elm has CHS with a bullet beside their name on the Napkin Stat sheet for the Week that IS ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd, most teams in the SE would have a pretty hard time hanging with or beating Carroll. If Circleville can hang with Carroll, I'd say that would have to earn some additional consideration. Carroll has raked up wins against Africentric, Hartley, Newark Catholic and Logan Elm to start a list. Also a win over the purple of Logan.

How's everything going health wise? Hope all is well as possible for the No. 1 basketball fan of SE Ohio. God bless, and hopefully you'll feel like taking in plenty of Basketball 30 beginning next month.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Trojans picked up a huge win over Ironton, Trojans seem to be on a roll, tough Jackson team tommorow,and a week to prepare for Warren, this should set up a little barrier one way or another in three way tie for 2 nd on your list.....tough for you because then some will be dropping out of the elite

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Trojans picked up a huge win over Ironton, Trojans seem to be on a roll, tough Jackson team tommorow,and a week to prepare for Warren, this should set up a little barrier one way or another in three way tie for 2 nd on your list.....tough for you because then some will be dropping out of the elite
Yea, something has to be done about the 3-way tie ... lol ... I say Floyd grows with the times and expands the Elite 8 - to the "Pfloyd's TOP 10 OF SOUTHEASTERN OHIO."

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

This wouldn't be Pfloyd's elite 8 thread without the weekly argument from Bulldog. Always a great read! Hey Bulldog, how about that D2 southeast district? It's shaping up to have some very competitive tournament games this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

underthemound wrote:This wouldn't be Pfloyd's elite 8 thread without the weekly argument from Bulldog. Always a great read! Hey Bulldog, how about that D2 southeast district? It's shaping up to have some very competitive tournament games this year.
You should have seen the old "93Bulldog/Pfloyd top 8" that use to be posted on jjhuddle ... lol ... There was some good debating that took place on those - now I just throw my 2-cents in to get Floyd all razzed up.

About the D2 sectional at Logan ... I was liking it a lot more when Athens still had Devon Sharp and I thought we could be a major player up in Logan with a real shot at making the Convo ... But the 'Dogs have slipped back into 're-building' mode with two freshmen in the starting line-up ... I could have hung my hat on Vinton County - but they have struggled against good competition ... Without a 'top contender' heading into the 'purple palace' - my intrest level has dropped a little I must say ... Plus, with four teams coming out of the sectional - I'm not sure how much drama will unfold up in Logan ... You have Warren, Logan Elm, Fairfield Union looking like good bets to make it to the Convo - with a handful of other teams trying to jockey for that 4-spot.

The D2 sectional use to be crazy with 4 or 5 really good teams fighting for 2 sports ... Athens was 19-1 two years ago and was left out in he cold after losing to Warren in the sectional finals ... Your not going to see that kind of situation now I don't think.

AS FOR THE D2 DISTRICT ... WELL THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY ... GAMES AT THE CONVO SHOULD BE AWESOME - LIKE ALWAYS ... EXCEPT THERE WILL BE 8 TEAMS INSTEAD OF THE TYPICAL 4!

SCHLICHTER
Waterboy

Post by SCHLICHTER »

What's the deal with Hillsboro? I saw they lost their first two games to Western Brown (10-2?) and Logan Elm (8-3), and then have won 9 of 10. Seems like they aren't being given much of a chance at the sectional. Am I missing something?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”