Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 4

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 4

Post by 93Bulldog »

New Boston would have been glad to oblige and provide the infamous Pfloyd with results ... BUT ... since he continues to rank them dead last - they have declined.

I have been told they are even thinking about removing Pfloyd's name from the alumni list!

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... probably right about that 93dog ... 4 year baseball starter at 2nd base then shortstop means nothing anymore I'm sure LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I guess Wally is allowed in New Boston ... but not Pfloyd?

LOL!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is there a freshmen game tonight at the Athens vs Circleville get together ?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Freshmen at 5:00 ... JV around 6:15 or 6:30 ... varsity tip-off will probably be right around 7:30.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... does Athens have "guest" public wireless? seems like you have to have a password to use their wireless internet in the building ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No, you don't need a password. Folks all around me last night had one eye on the Ohio State Buckeyes - and one eye on the basketball game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

1/4 Game Menu ...

Peebles vs Eastern Pike
Whiteoak @ Adena
North Adams vs Miami Trace
Waterford vs Fort Frye
Circleville @ Athens
Federal Hocking @ Trimble
Vinton County @ Piketon
Meigs @ Wahama
Buffalo @ South Gallia
Gallia Academy @ Reedsville Eastern
Fairfield Union @ Crooksville
Logan Elm @ Westfall
Chillicothe @ Canal Winchester
McClain @ Zane Trace
Washington CH @ Hamilton Twp
St Joe @ New Boston
Rock HIll vs West Portsmouth
River Valley vs Green
Wheelersburg @ Russell KY
Lucasville Valley vs Huntington
Western Pike vs Southeastern
Fairland @ Chesapeake (from last night's ppd contest)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The Vinton at Piketon game is still being played at OUC's Shoemaker Center.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Is the Portsmouth-MLK game not going to happen or is there a makeup on th table?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Heard Feb. 8 may be makeup game for Portsmouth. Also saw where Chesapeake beat Fairland, 67-60 and West beat Rock Hill, 58-19.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...Have u heard the Gallipolis and Reedsville Eastern score? Thanks.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Piketon defeat Vinton County 56-47 at OU-C

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Piketon with an excellent weekend of hoops, beating Zane Trace Friday night 49-41 then traveling up Rte 23 to Chillicothe to beat a good Vinton Co squad on a neutral court 56-47 ... Jeremy Farmer returns at the end of the month for PHS ... going to be a tough matchup in sectional play imo ...

... thanks for the score bengalfan76

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Athens 62
Circleville 43 final

... Coach Skinner's boyz made me eat my words tonight - I said I "thought" tonight's game between the Athens Bulldogs and the Circleville Tigers would be a "good one" ... if anything tonights game can be looked "at least" a couple of different ways 1) the CHS TEAM was kidnapped somewhere between Rte 22/the 33 bypass on ramp and Athens - THAT was NOT the same team I watched vs LE or South Point or 2) Football season IS officially over in A'town - TEAM Bulldogs is ready for some basketball ! ... I'm going with door #2 ... the Athens boys laid claim to that #1 seed in the Logan Sectional by dismantling a "good" Circleville ball club ... I posted that CHS has a well balanced offensive attack - STILL TRUE 7,6,1,6,7 IS very balanced! just not enough points to "be in" a game let alone win a game against a quality ball club as the Athens Bulldogs ... I posted that CHS played good fundamental basketball - not so tonight 15 turnovers / little to no flow in the CHS offense ... BUT here is a thought - the Athens defense didn't allow Circleville to get into ANY flow on offense, the Athens length on the perimeter disrupted the shooting of the Tiger guards, the strength of Saltzman, Burrow, Leuhrman "squared" kept the Tiger "inside game" grounded ... IF you were at the game the Athens defense did ALL of these things and more ... I don't keep blocked shots but I would venture to say the Bulldogs had a combined 10 blocks on the night including 2 or 3 by 5-9 sixth man Griffin Lutz ... Athens "forced" the Tiger shooters off their "spots" - they couldn't get to where they wanted to be offensively and when they did a number of interchangeable 6-5 perimeter peoples with length was in their face ... Athens Defensively "took" this one away from Circleville ... offensively for the Bulldogs - Circleville could not matchup with Joe Burrow or Ibi Watson ... Athens won this one with a 30 points 3rd quarter ... match AHS's 3rd quarter 30 points up with the 23 that Circleville scored in their first THREE quarters combined - game over ... but let's be fair give Athens their first half total - Athens 53 Circleville 23 end of three ... game, set and match ... Athens 62 Circleville 43 final ...

... Pfloyd Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Circleville ...

Scoring ... Michael Camp 11, Justin Hill 7, David Burroughs 7, Will Giffin 6, Kyle Smith 6, Calbert Cooper 3, Rusty Shule(?) 2, Reed Hugus 1
3 Pointers ... 7/24 ... Kyle Smith 2,Michael Camp 3, Calbert Cooper 1, Justin Hill 1
FT's ... 8/11
TO's ... 15

... I'll be curious to see the comparison of shooting % numbers for the game for BOTH teams ... as hot as Athens was in the 3rd quarter (had to be 75% or better) Circleville was as cold shooting for the game - I'm guessing 20% or less , IF Athens hadn't gone to their bench the entire 4th quarter it would have been under 20% for the game imo ... I still like what Coach Goodyear is doing in Circleville but tonight's game showed that the Tigers aren't in the same league as the Bulldogs ...

... I have a couple sets of Napkin Stats for the Bulldogs ... let's look at the Monster 3rd quarter napkin stats alone for A'town ...

Scoring ... Joe Burrow 14, Ibi Watson 7, Evan Cooley 3, Zacchia Saltzman 2, Griffin Lutz 2
3 Pointers ... 6/7 ... Burrow 4/4, Watson 1/1, Cooley 1/1
FTs ... 2/4
TOs ... 1
Defense force 4 TOs by CHS
Transition buckets out of the AHS defense ... 3

... Pfloyd Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Athens (for the game) ...

Scoring ... Joe Burrow 22, Ibi Watson 13, Ryan Leuhrman 9, Zacchia Saltzman 7, Evan Cooley 5, Griffin Lutz 4, Adam Leuhrman 1, #42 (2 pts)
3pointers ... 9/18 ... Burrow 6, Saltzman 1, Watson 1, Cooley 1
FTs ... 10/13
TO's ... 16 ... 10 by the starters thru 3 qtrs ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

jottings thx for the reply on the Portsmouth -MLK game

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... you're welcome to park the bus and jump in the car with 93Dog - I have a nice itinerary lined up starting on Thursday!

THUR - EASTERN VS WATERFORD GIRLS GAME IN REEDSVILLE ... BEST RIVALRY IN THE TVC!!!
FRI - ATHENS at AKRON SVSM ... WE CAN SWING BY THE ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME AND CHECK OUT THE DESIGNATED PINK FLOYD AREA ... lol
SAT - ATHENS vs VALLEY (AND THE WARREN GAME) IN CHESAPEAKE ... BEASTS OF THE SOUTHEAST IS ONE OF THE BEST EVENTS TO ATTEND DURING THE WINTER!

I'm so excited I forgot I get to call the TRIMBLE vs MILLER game on Tuesday ... first time seeing the 'Cats up close and personal - I've caught em on TV a few times.

I'M PRETTY MUCH IN HOOPS HEAVEN, FLOYD ... OUT OF FOOTBALL MODE - AND BACK ON THE HARDWOOD 110%!!!

:mrgreen:

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”