Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast OH

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast OH

Post by pfloyd »

… some Pfloyd IMO's for off season discussion on what the Elite 8 should look like going into the 2014-15 season … keep in mind that ANY teams listed after the top 20 could be anywhere in the rankings … but it will make for some good discussion in the next 9 months …

… Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/Southeast Ohio - PRE Season …

1. Portsmouth

2. Athens

3. Unioto

4. Circleville

5. Peebles

6. Chillicothe

7. Miami Trace

8. Warren

… Treehugger Wannabes …

Alexander
Minford
Vinton County
Logan Elm
Coal Grove
Southeastern
Zane Trace
Piketon
Marietta
Paint Valley
Wheelersburg
Lucasville Valley
Chesapeake
Hillsboro
Eastern Brown
Adena
Fairland
Logan
South Gallia
Lynchburg Clay
Fairfield Leesburg
Symmes Valley
Nelsonville York
Eastern Pike
Trimble

… Teams on the End Table ...

… from here on out to the 72nd team is a wait and see situation … this is where YOU the "cheap seat" guys come in … what does the field of 72 having returning to the floor for 2014-15 ? AND what can we expect from the "newcomers" to the varsity teams ? …

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wow ... Athens No. 2?

Way to come out with your guns blazing Floyd ... lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Keep an eye on Trimble. I know they lose a lot, but that JV team last year that went 21-1 will all be varsity players in 2014-2015.

6'5 Micah Couch
6'6 Grant Clark
6'1 Justice Jenkins
6'1 Austin Downs (who had to sit out this year because of injuries from football)

They have a nice set of core players ... Jenkins and Couch will provide about as good of inside/out game as you'll see in the area next year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… thanks 93dog - THAT'S the info we need going into next season …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Wow ... Athens No. 2?

Way to come out with your guns blazing Floyd ... lol

What BETTER way to keep the discussion going for 9 months LOL … no ties … LOL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast

Post by 93Bulldog »

My eyes MUST be deceiving me because I see a DIVISION IV team in the elite 8????

Holly cow - that may be a first ... Floyd recognizing the 'little guy' for a change.

8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:My eyes MUST be deceiving me because I see a DIVISION IV team in the elite 8????

Holly cow - that may be a first ... Floyd recognizing the 'little guy' for a change.

8)
… :mrgreen: … by the way I'm very high on the TVC's Alexander Spartans for next season as well …

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Chillicothe looks a little low to me. :122249

Circleville is in a good spot and the spot you put Logan Elm into is fair given what they lost to graduation.

Nice list, pfloyd. Let the debates and countdown begin.

:122245

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote:Chillicothe looks a little low to me. :122249

Circleville is in a good spot and the spot you put Logan Elm into is fair given what they lost to graduation.

Chillicothe graduates 3 of their top 6 in their rotation, even though Tommy Bolte is absolutely outstanding. Replacing Isaiah Johnson (14 and 8 the 2nd half of the year) Nolan Taylor (3 year starter) and Eddy Wells (several big games, glue guy) won't be easy, especially early on. I think they will have another great year and really should compete for the SCOL title (Wilmington will be a bear)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote:
bman wrote:Chillicothe looks a little low to me. :122249

Chillicothe graduates 3 of their top 6 in their rotation, even though Tommy Bolte is absolutely outstanding. Replacing Isaiah Johnson (14 and 8 the 2nd half of the year) Nolan Taylor (3 year starter) and Eddy Wells (several big games, glue guy) won't be easy, especially early on. I think they will have another great year and really should compete for the SCOL title (Wilmington will be a bear)
I could see Wilmington dominating the SCOL in boys basketball. They have a really nice program that plays some of the big boys in SW Ohio.

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

Valley lost A LOT but will surprise!! They had a very strong JV and a stud in Rolfe returning with Brown. they WILL surprise and WILL contend for the SOC II AGAIN!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Have a love hate relationship with this one, love seeing the Trojans on top, and then again I hate seeing the Trojans on top, Hope they really can create a tougher atmosphere on the defensive side of the floor and if we can get some strong board play look out

Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

Pfloyd are you kidding me? No NY? 3 returning starters, a 15 win season following 16 wins the year before, a jv team with 4 talented freshmen with 16 wins and not even a mention. That has to be an oversight?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'll toss out an opening night in the SVC game to watch for, even if it is slightly early for it:

Unioto at Zane Trace

None of the last 4 meetings have been decided by more than 5 points, with 3 coming down to the last shot. ZT has more to replace than Unioto does, but the game being at ZT will help the Pioneers out a good bit. Pfloyd, you might have to make trips down to Kinnkinnick on consecutive weekends!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbbuckeyes wrote:Pfloyd are you kidding me? No NY? 3 returning starters, a 15 win season following 16 wins the year before, a jv team with 4 talented freshmen with 16 wins and not even a mention. That has to be an oversight?
93Bulldog wrote:Keep an eye on Trimble. I know they lose a lot, but that JV team last year that went 21-1 will all be varsity players in 2014-2015.

6'5 Micah Couch
6'6 Grant Clark
6'1 Justice Jenkins
6'1 Austin Downs (who had to sit out this year because of injuries from football)

They have a nice set of core players ... Jenkins and Couch will provide about as good of inside/out game as you'll see in the area next year.
drchap wrote:Valley lost A LOT but will surprise!! They had a very strong JV and a stud in Rolfe returning with Brown. they WILL surprise and WILL contend for the SOC II AGAIN!

… I like it !!!! no matter how you look at Post Season or Pre Season … it is ALL good … bbbuckeyes give up names please of those returning for NY … 93dog KNOWS how this game is played - names etc. information please … I need more info Federal Hocking, Belpre, Waterford as well …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote:I'll toss out an opening night in the SVC game to watch for, even if it is slightly early for it:

Unioto at Zane Trace

None of the last 4 meetings have been decided by more than 5 points, with 3 coming down to the last shot. ZT has more to replace than Unioto does, but the game being at ZT will help the Pioneers out a good bit. Pfloyd, you might have to make trips down to Kinnkinnick on consecutive weekends!

daniC! I like the short trip down 180 to ZT ! Unioto vs ZT sounds like a very good one to put on the Pfloyd 2014015 Tour for sure …

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:no matter how you look at Post Season or Pre Season … it is ALL good [/size][/b]… bbbuckeyes give up names please of those returning for NY … 93dog KNOWS how this game is played - names etc. information please … I need more info Federal Hocking, Belpre, Waterford as well
I may have turned the TVC web site over to baseball already - but I DID LEAVE 2013/2014 schedules, results and rosters on each team page.

:mrgreen:

Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

Buckeyes return Colt Adams - 2nd leading scorer, Jay Elliott - leading rebounder, Jeremy Warren - quickest defender, Brayden Withem - returning letterman. Coupled with Noah Andrews, Hunter Edwards, Alex Mount, and Aron Davis all talented sophs. The Buckeyes will be deep and athletic. They have 3 consecutive winning seasons with 45 wins and deserve more consideration for next year.

Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

Plus, 93 Bulldog the Buckeyes have beaten the Tomcats the last 7 times they have met and the Spartans 4 of the last 5, PFloyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… see bbbuckeye THAT is ALL useful information about the 2014-15 Edition of NY !!! AND you have to add that Coach Kline is a pretty darn good head coach as well ! …

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”