Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 4

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Space Cowboy
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 4

Post by Space Cowboy »

pfloyd and 93Bulldog are gonna be spending alot of time updating this week!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vinton County to #7

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak 50
Adena 34

Whiteoak 6-4 with 4 straight wins

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton has added a Home game on 1/19, looks like another tough game on the Tigers schedule.

(D2) Columbus Centennial (5-2)

12/01 - Dublin Coffman.............61-59.....Loss
12/07 - Brookhaven..................62-60.....Win
12/11 - Whetstone...................84-51.....Win
12/14 - Linden-McKinley............85-41.....Win
12/18 - East (Columbus)............73-56.....Win
12/21 - Beechcroft...................78-46.....Win
12/22 - George Washington, WV...66-56.....Loss

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Huntington 42
Lucasville Valley 56 a final

This one was the typical game plans of teams with areas they wanted to exploit vs their opponent : Valley came into the game with THE SIZE in the paint going from 6-3 to 6-5 down low (Hayden Dunn,Will Howard/Jordan West/Kyle & Caleb Miller both at 6-5) ... while Huntington's claim to fame lies with the quickness/speed not only on the perimeter but across the lineup ...with their goal being to get out in transition - let their speed allow them to get to the rim beating Valley defenders down court ... BOTH strategies worked ! the Huntsmen were able to get out in transition/beating Valley trying to get back on transition defense ... when not getting out on the break, HHS was able to get by the slower Valley defenders getting points at the rim ... Lucasville Valley's size allowed them to get to the rim for 3 quarters on occasion as the HHS zone was effective in keep the ball out of the paint and slowing down the tempo of the game ... quarter breaks showed that neither team could pull away in the first 3 quarters : Valley 10/Huntington 13 after 1 ... Valley 22/ Huntington 22 after 2 ... Valley 40/Huntington 40 after 3 quarters ...

... a Pfloyd Napkin Stat/imo - Valley ... the Indians forced passed into the post resulting in 12 TOs in the first 3 quarters ... at the same time Valley tried to open up the HHS zone from behind the arc ... Valley missed on their first 12 three balls , many misses resulting in HHS transition baskets ... VHS finished the game 3/20 from down town ...with the 3 treys playing a BIG roll in opening up a tight game going into the 4th ...

... a Pfloyd Napkin Stat/imo - Huntington ... HHS had a great game plan - keep the Valley BIGS touches to a minimum - make them beat you from long range - worked to perfection for 3 quarters - combine the Valley 0-14 from behind the arc with 12 TOs in the first 3 quarters HHS had a "W" in sight ... THEN both teams came out for the 4th quarter ... Valley was able to start the quarter with an 11-0 run 2 rare perimeter buckets by Chris Flowers forced HHS to go man defense which intern opened up the paint for baskets by Brown (4pt in the quarter) Howard/Shope each got to the rim for 2 pt each ... while the Indians got into a flow offensively, defensively Valley forced 11 Huntsmen TOs ... put it all together and you have the scenario with Valley outscoring HHS 16-2 in the quarter winning going away ... Lucasville Valley 56 Huntington 42 a final ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Huntington ...

Scoring : Brice Vickers 19,Lucas Sarver 12,Brian Hall 6, Elijah Shanks 3, Jacob Kellough 2
3 Pointers : 2/11 ... Brice Vickers 2
FT's : 8/14
TO's : 21 ... 11 TOs in the 4th quarter sealed the Valley "W"

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Valley ...

Scoring : Hayden Dunn 14, Chris Flowers 10,Kyle Miller 8, Ryan Brown 7, Will Howard/Jordan West 4 each,Bryan Rolfe 3, Baker/Holbrook/Shope 2 each
3 Pointers : 3/20 ... 0-14 before Flowers hit one in the 3rd ...
FT's : 5/10
TO's : 15

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

PFloyd..... Thanks for the napkin stats and rundown for those of us who couldn't make it ! I always enjoy your posts and hope yor're doing well. And what is in the water at Lucasville ,where do they get all these BIGS last years team was huge and this years version of the Bigs are only Jr's cant imagine how big they will be when they are Seniors . Anyway wish you well and looking forward to this weeks Top Elite 8 ,alot of good teams in SEO you got your work cut out for you !!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I liked the run-down as well ... just kind of surprised you didn't head over to OU-Chillicothe Floyd to watch VC and Piketon.

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks SOCMANOS - I always enjoy the opportunity to do a game rundown - means I was able to do the "eye test" on teams in Southern/Southeast Ohio - nothing better than getting to SEE teams in action - makes ranking teams sooooo much easier once you see what a team puts on the court ... I've watched a lot of hoops in my time - I in no way know the Xs & O's of the inner game BUT I do know what good basketball is/looks like, I know the fundamentals of good hoops, I know TEAM - one of the reasons I enjoy the Convo every year is many of the coaches that come up to the cheap seats, I get to hear these guys talk a "different language" - the X's and O's LOL ... different language BUT I'm learning!

... 93dog - I had watched Piketon Friday night vs Zane Trace , I DID think about heading up the hill to OUC to see VC BUT thought how hard it is to see Valley during the regular season - they don't get close enough to Logan very often - so I opted to see Huntington vs Valley ... good game HHS played solid until the 4th quarter ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

once again thx for all that you do pfloyd

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

if you were feeling up to it Floyd - the best way to catch some good teams/games (including VC) would be to get down to Chesapeake next Saturday.

South Webster (7-2) vs Vinton County (8-2)
Athens (7-1) vs Fairland (6-3)
Eastern Brown (9-1) vs Logan Elm (7-2)

* that's a pretty good lineup
* the division difference makes it intresting as well ... its an age-old debate about the differences between division II, III and IV. We will have a really good IV vs a solid II in the first game ... a good II vs a good III in the second, and then a really good III vs a good II in the third.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Beasts of the Southeast at Chesapeake is always great for hoops ... I will back in the hospital this Thursday so I won't be able to make my favorite trip to the river this weekend BUT you posted that you will be doing the Athens vs Fairland game on 970 - I will be listening on my iPad to the broadcast - make sure you rundown the scores for the previous games in your pre game ! LOL

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:if you were feeling up to it Floyd - the best way to catch some good teams/games (including VC) would be to get down to Chesapeake next Saturday.

South Webster (7-2) vs Vinton County (8-2)
Athens (7-1) vs Fairland (6-3)
Eastern Brown (9-1) vs Logan Elm (7-2)

* that's a pretty good lineup
* the division difference makes it intresting as well ... its an age-old debate about the differences between division II, III and IV. We will have a really good IV vs a solid II in the first game ... a good II vs a good III in the second, and then a really good III vs a good II in the third.
I would say Athens will be Fairland comfortably....but that's a long bus trip and in their backyard....though it is the home of their rival which could be like Jackson playing at Wellston.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

There is only 1 game before we go on the air (VC/Webster) ... but I'll be glad to report the score for ya Floyd.

:)

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Dont forget the last game Waverly vs The Peake at the Beasts of thr Southeast. A div. II vs a div III
93bulldog look us up when you get here sat. we will be at the t-shirt and raffle table most of the day Just look for the big guy with glasses wearing a Beasts shirt

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”