eastern pike vs east

brown22
Varsity

eastern pike vs east

Post by brown22 »

Should be a great game in the soc 1 eagles been playing good basketball coach barrick has them playing as hard as ive seen my eagles play. East coming off the win agianst clay and a tough loss saturday im sure they are fired up the junior class in this league is fantastic and we get to see a few of them in this game shoud be a good one GO EAGLES.

GO EAGLES
eagle country
Freshman Team

Re: eastern pike vs east

Post by eagle country »

Always a tough game at east playing in that gym both coaches know each other very well should be an exciting game let's go eagles

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

going with east

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

East is tough beat on the "small floor" ... not only are they quick at all positions , the small court allows their BIG Man in the middle (Scott) to be a factor in the game ... on a big floor Scott would have a harder time being a factor/getting up & down the floor ... BUT with that being said - half of the league games ARE played on the "small court" an away "W" vs East would be a BIG BIG BIG "one up" on the rest of the small school SOC division ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I gotta ask: is this "small floor" an inside joke or is there actually something with the dimensions of the court/floor that are notable?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

formerfcfan wrote:I gotta ask: is this "small floor" an inside joke or is there actually something with the dimensions of the court/floor that are notable?
... no joke intended at all ... it is "visually" smaller imo ... not as long or wide - I MAY BE WRONG ... the 3 foot line all the way around is used as the out of bounds area when taking the ball out of bounds ... it is the size of gym, size of court that "I" grew up on back in the day before all of the "new" school buildings/gymnasiums became the norm ... one of those courts that has MORE basketball history than any court around ... I totally enjoyed watching the Portsmouth Clay vs Portsmouth East game Saturday night - elbow to elbow, standing room only, deafening noise , ... took me back to my days at New Boston in the late 60's , early 70's - great atmosphere for hoops ...

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

east plays on a small court for sure but that has nothing to do with the talent they have, they are capable of beating any team around here on any floor......vs st. joe they shot 30%, missing easy shots they normally make 19/49 from the field....st joe shot close to 60%, mostly easy lay ups...no excuses st joe had a deep talented team full of guys that play high level AAU BALL for a top team in country, they are legit. with that being said it will be tough for any team remaining on east schedule to beat them. i see them 19-3 at worse

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... asb - East is a VERY talented team ... AND most important is that there is NOT a single senior on the roster ! not one !! these talented youngsters will be back NEXT year !!! ... add to that mix on varsity a nice group of "talented" jv players as well ... the Tartan fans will be smiling for years down the road as well ...

... watching the Portsmouth East vs Portsmouth Clay game - there was only 1 senior between the 2 teams !!! doesn't get any better no matter which school you go to ...

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Absolutely hated playing in that place. It was like playing in somebody's garage.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

East floor is small and it will help the big man get setup east is a very talented team and young just like the eagles there is alot of under classman this year all over our area that are good ball players the kids and the coaches have all done great jobs. Im sure coach barrick has a game plan for the small floor and the big man pfloyd the eagles have come along way since that saturday in logan Im sure you could see a big differnce

GO EAGLES
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

east have someone named short,or do you mean scott?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

It is Scott biggdowgg... Blaine Scott ... my mistake ... and they actually have 2 Scott's ...Blaine & Zane Scott ... I corrected it ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

only seen them one ti e this year against huntington st joe so wasnt sure if they had a kid named short

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdowgg ... I made that mistake even after I sat with the Blaine Scott cheering section at Portsmouth East !!! all 10 of them or so !!! I'm getting too old, everything has to be written down apparently LOL ...

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

East wins by 8!!! End of story!!

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

olegoat50 wrote:East wins by 8!!! End of story!!
I don't think the game will be that far apart witch ever team wins it gonna come down to last possession of game 2 young and talented teams . East does have an advantage because it's in that cracker box of a gym Eastern will struggle with the Scott boy we always do with East big guys but with the way our defense has been playing we have a good chance this is gonna be a great game GO EAGLES

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eagle fans its gameday I look for my eagles to come out tonite and play great defense martin and hale will have to hit the boards hard tonite and we got to keeping looking to score im saying eagles 55-51 over east tonite LETS GO EAGLES.

GO EAGLES
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

FIRST TO 60 POINTS WINS

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

GO EAGLES!!!

EPN