What Does Waverly Need To be a top team in the area next year?

Watchinghoops
Waterboy

What Does Waverly Need To be a top team in the area next year?

Post by Watchinghoops »

I’ve heard many things about waverly basketball for next year, bringing on new assistants and even bringing a player back won’t say much though because I don’t know for sure.

But what I do know is the tigers need to have all the the freshmen from this year return, have Carroll return and I would try to get Haynes and Hobbs to come back. Would have a ton of depth and a really good looking team. Haynes could be a top player in the area a long athletic 6’6 guard who can shoot it ( but won’t shoot ) play in the post really well and handle the ball very well. Hobbs can stretch the floor and looks like he’s grown a lot. If you add those 2 to all the studs like Kage, Teagen, Sawyer, Gunnar Russell, Carroll, Hez, Nibert you will have a very deep good all around team that should compete with ANYONE in the area I know it’s 8-9 months before the season but waverly could have an very good season

Can’t wait to see what coach Bradley has rolling for the tigers.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: What Does Waverly Need To be a top team in the area next year?

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Watchinghoops wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm I’ve heard many things about waverly basketball for next year, bringing on new assistants and even bringing a player back won’t say much though because I don’t know for sure.

But what I do know is the tigers need to have all the the freshmen from this year return, have Carroll return and I would try to get Haynes and Hobbs to come back. Would have a ton of depth and a really good looking team. Haynes could be a top player in the area a long athletic 6’6 guard who can shoot it ( but won’t shoot ) play in the post really well and handle the ball very well. Hobbs can stretch the floor and looks like he’s grown a lot. If you add those 2 to all the studs like Kage, Teagen, Sawyer, Gunnar Russell, Carroll, Hez, Nibert you will have a very deep good all around team that should compete with ANYONE in the area I know it’s 8-9 months before the season but waverly could have an very good season

Guess I’ll just shoot one post on this because of how far out it is. Haynes coming back would be huge, he’s not a guard though he was huge his sophomore year from inside not a good enough dribbler for that. He didn’t want to play last couple years but they convinced him one year and not this year. Does he play because he’s a senior we’ll see, I don’t think Hobbs JV player with limited varsity on the team they return. Nibert is a senior you have him listed but he’s gone. Russell will be asked to do a lot but Waverly is a little shorthanded on the ball handlers so if they can handle pressure they’ll be in good shape. They got about as many wins as I figure look for them to him around 12-13 wins next year as the youth continues to improve. Losing Nibert ability to create will be missed and other guys will need to step up for sure. There’s one player in mind in terms of coming bs k that comes to mind and if he did that would change the team for the better in a big way. However, if we’re talking about the same player I’ve heard that for a year now and all indications are he’s happy where he’s at.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

Watchinghoops wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm I’ve heard many things about waverly basketball for next year, bringing on new assistants and even bringing a player back won’t say much though because I don’t know for sure.

I think Waverly will be tough…if everyone returns.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Maybe over .500 next year, but it’s the year after that they should really start to see things pay off.

I get that the Alexander kid is likely going to be special, but it’s really hard to step in as a freshman PG and make a massive impact immediately. That’s more likely to come after Christmas, but at least in league play.

I’d guess they’ll finish 4th in the SOC3 next year, but could win it the following few years.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

I agree with @danicalifornia

the speed of the game is so much different from one level to the next. To jump two levels is a tall order. Physicality at the Varsity level isnt’t just a term, it’s a real thing.

I could see it in another year

Saul Goodman
Waterboy

Post by Saul Goodman »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:51 pm

Guess I’ll just shoot one post on this because of how far out it is. Haynes coming back would be huge, he’s not a guard though he was huge his sophomore year from inside not a good enough dribbler for that. He didn’t want to play last couple years but they convinced him one year and not this year. Does he play because he’s a senior we’ll see, I don’t think Hobbs JV player with limited varsity on the team they return. Nibert is a senior you have him listed but he’s gone. Russell will be asked to do a lot but Waverly is a little shorthanded on the ball handlers so if they can handle pressure they’ll be in good shape. They got about as many wins as I figure look for them to him around 12-13 wins next year as the youth continues to improve. Losing Nibert ability to create will be missed and other guys will need to step up for sure. There’s one player in mind in terms of coming bs k that comes to mind and if he did that would change the team for the better in a big way. However, if we’re talking about the same player I’ve heard that for a year now and all indications are he’s happy where he’s at.
Nibert has a younger brother who is a freshman. He ran point on the JV.

Return to “Boys Basketball”