And then there is ONE ... Warren vs Maysville for the Golden Ticket to The Show (Today 4p Basketball :30 The Convo) ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

And then there is ONE ... Warren vs Maysville for the Golden Ticket to The Show (Today 4p Basketball :30 The Convo) ...

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd Tour ends today with the final game @ the 3 Weeks of the Convo ... appropriately with the final game on slate in the D2 Regionals in Athens , at the Round House on Richland ... and more appropriately with my #1 ranked team - the Warren Warriors taking on their 3rd straight MVL opponent , the Maysville Panthers for the opportunity to represent the SE District in the Final Four in Dayton next weekend ... Warrens has beaten New Lexington in the D2 District finale, opened regional play dispensing of the Tri Valley Scotties in the Semi's today the Panthers of Maysville offer yet another obstacle in Mr. Big Shot (the 3 ball that sent MHS to the finals by beating Bishop Hartley 50-49) Bobb (22pts), 6-3 Alex Bobb ... Maysville knocked off Hartley with only 3 players scoring which IS the magic number in post season play - the need for 3 scorers ... Bobb a senior leads a pack of a host of talented sophomores for the Panthers - trailing 15-28 at the half ,6-2 soph forward Jordyn Watson carried MHS in the third hitting 11 pts/18 for the game ... add to the soph list - Gator Nichols (10pts)/6-4 Kade Rock, 6-5 Kane Roehrig ... assisting in the senior leadership on the floor are Wesley Armstead & 6-4 Coen Fink ... Maysville might be the best of the 3 teams in the MVL gauntlet that Warren is running to get to Dayton ... Best of luck Warriors !!!

... about 20 minutes, then the PFTour will head down Rte 33 for the final time in 2024 ... a great 22 games so far and 24 following today's action at the Mecca of Boys High School Hoops - the Convocation Center ... we don't know the makeup of next years post season venues , as the new format with 7 divisions will definitely make for "changes" in the post season "structure" ... we will no doubt never have the 24 games or 3 weeks of the Convo again - dang it !!! we just got it back! and now ??? ... go support our Warren Warriors as the last of 71 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line who have an opportunity to get to Dayton, the Final Four next week !!! Pfloyd will be in the house - the Round House on Richland ...

mhs95_06
S

Re: And then there is ONE ... Warren vs Maysville for the Golden Ticket to The Show (Today 4p Basketball :30 The Convo)

Post by mhs95_06 »

Anyone know why they aren't showing this game on NFHS as advertized? I watched Warren and New Lex games fine on Thurs, and D4 final last night from my current locatrion in western Ohio. I've got it up now and it says Maysville vs. Warren will begin momentarily!

mhs95_06
S

Re: And then there is ONE ... Warren vs Maysville for the Golden Ticket to The Show (Today 4p Basketball :30 The Convo)

Post by mhs95_06 »

I'm listening on the radio, WJAW, but this game won't play on nfhsnetwork.com, like all the other regional games I've watched with my subscription.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

The D2 regional final game at Bowling Green is playing fine.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

mhs95_06 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:16 pm Anyone know why they aren't showing this game on NFHS as advertized? I watched Warren and New Lex games fine on Thurs, and D4 final last night from my current locatrion in western Ohio. I've got it up now and it says Maysville vs. Warren will begin momentarily!
It’s finally on now.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

mhs95_06 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:34 pm The D2 regional final game at Bowling Green is playing fine.
Score?

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Half Warren leads 32-17

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Maysville “lives by the three” and not living today.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

They are now, after 3 Warren up 45-44

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Must have hit 5 that quarter

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Maysville has been unreal in the 2nd half of the last two games. Congrats to them on reaching Dayton

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

I’ve seen Maysville 4 or 5 times. They almost never have two good halves. One mediocre or worse. Another very good or excellent. Again today. I know it’s not conventional thinking but I would have tried to not let the 2nd half be fast-paced. Shorten the game. Maysville goes for 55 in the 2nd half.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Outstanding season for Warren. Not quite what they wanted, but they went further than all but 8 D-II teams in the entire state. It's been said before, but Southeast D-II and East D-II had so much parity/equality this season. Different types of teams but 5 or 6 teams all very capable of making it to Dayton. Obviously Maysville and Warren. In addition Marietta, New Lexington and Tri Valley and maybe one or two others. Things will be very different next seasons with some of these teams in D-III and some in D-IV, but most of these teams have some good players back.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:36 pm
mhs95_06 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:34 pm The D2 regional final game at Bowling Green is playing fine.
Score?
I didn't watch the game at BG, just was checking to see if it was playing okay. Eventually got to see the
Warren game from the point they were up 9 in the 3rd and saw most of the turnaround demise of Warren from +9 to -8, but none of Warren's rise!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Maysville 72
Warren 64 a final

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Warren

Scoring ... Julian Stadelman 16, Trent Taylor 13, Connor Barry 11, Nick Cressey 6, Tyson Cochran 5, Hayden Wells 4, Jacob Sealey 4, Hudson Elzey 3, Chase Lupardus 2
3 Pointers ... 5/13 … Connor Barry 2, Tyson Cochran 1, Julian Stadelman 1, Hudson Elzey 1
FTs ... 9/17
TOs ... 16
PnP ... 20 fgs/ 40 points in the paint
PnT ... 5 fgs/ 10 points in transition
Pbk ... 1 fgs/ 2 points on putback buckets

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Maysville

Scoring ... Alex Bobb 20, Gator Nichols 17, Wesley Armstead 14, Jordyn Watson 14, Kane Roehig 5, Coen Fink 2
3 Pointers ... 11/29 ... Gator Nichols 3, Alex Bobb 3, Jordyn Watson 2, Wesley Armstead 2, Kane Roehig 1
FTs ... 19/31
TOs ... 9
PnP ... 8 fgs/ 16 points in the paint
PnT ... 3 fgs/6 points in transition
Pbk ... 1fg/ 2 points on putback buckets

Bonus Napkin Stats :

* Maysville picked up 26 points off of Warren turnovers
* Maysville went 9-13 (69.2%) from the field in the 3rd period outscoring Warren 27-13 in the period drawing within 1 , 44-45 …
* Warren was called for 30 fouls / 21 after halftime
* 4 of the 5 Maysville starters scored in double figures
* Warren had 18 points off the bench

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Another great breakdown of the game. Thanks for all you do. May next year I can get back on track and be there to watch in person.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:11 pm Another great breakdown of the game. Thanks for all you do. May next year I can get back on track and be there to watch in person.
I hope so peake71 ! Get everyone, including yourself healthy so you can get back on the basketball trail ! Not sure we will ever see the 3 Weeks of the Convo ever again due to the move to 7 divisions… getting rid of sectionals … April meetings at the OHSAA will clear much up I’m told … sitting back and waiting …

… I’m frustrated right now by the Warren and last nights South Webster losses - I posted the napkin stats on the Warren game - will do a rundown tomorrow , never good to post anything when frustration is directing you 😂 so I’m going to settle myself down and be more clear headed … coulda woulda shoulda had 2 teams at the Show next weekend …

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

I heard Warren had only 1 senior starter. Look for the Warriors to be solid again next year.

You can take the boy out of the 'ville, but you can't take the 'ville out of the boy!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”