SOC sweeps OVC

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: SOC sweeps OVC

Post by danicalifornia »

My thoughts on the day:

Lovely was clearly sick, every shot was short including FTs, but if Wheelersburg shoots even 60% from the line, it’s not a close game. Final score was way closer than the game felt like and that goes to Burg’s ability to close the game at the FT line AND the effort South Point played with in the second half. Burg did a good job defensively, but SP also missed a lot of makeable shots.

Northwest just rolled the Trojans after the first quarter. Wolfenbarker getting hot from deep opened things up for the driving ability of Lintz. All 5 starters being over 7 points for the Mohawks makes them a lot more difficult to guard. Bolin and Lintz are going to get theirs, but if the others get going too, watch out. Portsmouth with a really nice bounce back season, but they are definitely going to miss Berry, who was so much fun to watch this year. Coach Lisath is definitely the right man for the job to get Portsmouth back to the levels that they are used to.

Fairland came out with a great game plan and Minford made the right adjustments at the break. Going through Kayser in the 4th and cutting Buchanan off from getting going from deep was huge for the Falcons. The FT line was a massive difference in attempts, but Minford only shooting a single 3 in the second half led to a lot of that. Out of the games I’ve seen Minford this year, I think it was the best I’ve seen Montgomery play, he didn’t force shots from deep and just took advantage of what was given to him. Fairland did well to stay in the game for as long as they did, IMO.

North Adams rode their first half momentum to their big lead and had just enough to hold off the Tigers. Ironton with a really bad last 20 seconds starting with the foul, which the worst part was that the player they may have wanted to foul had the ball right before. Some clutch plays by the little basketball school to advance.

I think the higher seeds win again next Saturday, but I think both games will have a fun atmosphere. My biggest gripe about yesterday was the lack of atmosphere from the OVC teams outside of Ironton. Gotta bring some extra energy in a place like the Convo and it just wasn’t really there.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:27 pm My thoughts on the day:

Lovely was clearly sick, every shot was short including FTs, but if Wheelersburg shoots even 60% from the line, it’s not a close game. Final score was way closer than the game felt like and that goes to Burg’s ability to close the game at the FT line AND the effort South Point played with in the second half. Burg did a good job defensively, but SP also missed a lot of makeable shots.

Northwest just rolled the Trojans after the first quarter. Wolfenbarker getting hot from deep opened things up for the driving ability of Lintz. All 5 starters being over 7 points for the Mohawks makes them a lot more difficult to guard. Bolin and Lintz are going to get theirs, but if the others get going too, watch out. Portsmouth with a really nice bounce back season, but they are definitely going to miss Berry, who was so much fun to watch this year. Coach Lisath is definitely the right man for the job to get Portsmouth back to the levels that they are used to.

Fairland came out with a great game plan and Minford made the right adjustments at the break. Going through Kayser in the 4th and cutting Buchanan off from getting going from deep was huge for the Falcons. The FT line was a massive difference in attempts, but Minford only shooting a single 3 in the second half led to a lot of that. Out of the games I’ve seen Minford this year, I think it was the best I’ve seen Montgomery play, he didn’t force shots from deep and just took advantage of what was given to him. Fairland did well to stay in the game for as long as they did, IMO.

North Adams rode their first half momentum to their big lead and had just enough to hold off the Tigers. Ironton with a really bad last 20 seconds starting with the foul, which the worst part was that the player they may have wanted to foul had the ball right before. Some clutch plays by the little basketball school to advance.

I think the higher seeds win again next Saturday, but I think both games will have a fun atmosphere. My biggest gripe about yesterday was the lack of atmosphere from the OVC teams outside of Ironton. Gotta bring some extra energy in a place like the Convo and it just wasn’t really there.

... heck I don't even have to give my 2 cents worth daniC! good rundown ... basketball guys who know what they're talking about ! - nice ! LOL

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

greygoose wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:38 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:11 pm I wouldn’t brag about it. Minford won but can’t say they looked great. Burg looked like crap and barely beat SP who didn’t have Lovely for a lot of the game. NW beat a subpar Portsmouth team that had 1 true scoring option.
What are you talking about? Minford was down 6 at half and beat the brakes off Fairland in the 2nd half winning by 13 and they done it by pounding it inside and playing strong defense. Burg looked like crap also? Was it the 5/9 shooting behind the 3 point line in the 1st half Lovely played most of the game and SP didn’t get back into the game until he went to the bench and Burg decided to shoot 7-20 from the FT Line let’s not forget Burg is doing these things with a young roster they’re probably a year ahead of schedule. NW beat a good Portsmouth team by 22 points. Wow talk about not giving teams credit, it’s no big deal it’s the simple truth to the statement and let’s not forget South Webster is still going also the SOC conference is strong this year. OVC is done and Ironton with all the size and talent couldn’t beat NA no real surprise though as NA is a very complete and well coached team.
What am I talking about? You literally made my point for me. Minford trailed to an average Fairland team, sure they won but they didn’t look good doing it. Yes as I stated they didn’t have him, he was on the bench when they made the run, something was clearly up with him, if you didn’t have blinders on you could tell. Portsmouth was up and down, good at times yes, bad at times. South Webster is irrelevant to this conversation and to the county of scioto. NA is good, but could’ve very well lost to a below average Ironton team. That’s what I’m talking about. Do you comprehend now or no fella?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Just log off suckeye. You’re ignorant

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:22 pm Just log off suckeye. You’re ignorant
You’re ignorant swanky boy. You try to be a troll but you can’t even do that successfully. You just end up sounding as dumb as you look.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:02 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:11 pm I wouldn’t brag about it. Minford won but can’t say they looked great. Burg looked like crap and barely beat SP who didn’t have Lovely for a lot of the game. NW beat a subpar Portsmouth team that had 1 true scoring option.
What are you talking about? Minford was down 6 at half and beat the brakes off Fairland in the 2nd half winning by 13 and they done it by pounding it inside and playing strong defense. Burg looked like crap also? Was it the 5/9 shooting behind the 3 point line in the 1st half Lovely played most of the game and SP didn’t get back into the game until he went to the bench and Burg decided to shoot 7-20 from the FT Line let’s not forget Burg is doing these things with a young roster they’re probably a year ahead of schedule. NW beat a good Portsmouth team by 22 points. Wow talk about not giving teams credit, it’s no big deal it’s the simple truth to the statement and let’s not forget South Webster is still going also the SOC conference is strong this year. OVC is done and Ironton with all the size and talent couldn’t beat NA no real surprise though as NA is a very complete and well coached team.
What am I talking about? You literally made my point for me. Minford trailed to an average Fairland team, sure they won but they didn’t look good doing it. Yes as I stated they didn’t have him, he was on the bench when they made the run, something was clearly up with him, if you didn’t have blinders on you could tell. Portsmouth was up and down, good at times yes, bad at times. South Webster is irrelevant to this conversation and to the county of scioto. NA is good, but could’ve very well lost to a below average Ironton team. That’s what I’m talking about. Do you comprehend now or no fella?
How is SW irrelevant to this conversation? Last time I checked they were in the SOC & playing for a district championship along with 3 other SOC schools. There was some mid season chatter about the OVC being better than SOC. Both were solid but the debate is over.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:24 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:22 pm Just log off suckeye. You’re ignorant
You’re ignorant swanky boy. You try to be a troll but you can’t even do that successfully. You just end up sounding as dumb as you look.
You wouldn’t say a word to my face pansy

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:02 pm
See you changed your entire post after reading my post, your original post gave zero credit. Now you’re sitting here calling all your OVC teams who finished at the top of the league average, which I guess would prove the point of the post. SOC is better this season than OVC play and it was proven, South Webster is 💯 part of the conversation as they would’ve beaten all 4 OVC teams that played Sunday.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:27 pm My thoughts on the day:

Great rundown, I watched the games on SOSA and good guys but SOSA was commenting on the lack of atmosphere. I think a lot of that had to do with the games simply not being close. Northwest was a beat down, Minford just kept pulling away with their inside play by double digits, Ironton was down for so long things didn’t pick up until late, Burg led by double digits all game until they couldn’t hit the free throws. But great overall rundown of the games

Return to “Boys Basketball”