Jeeps vs Tomcats 3/8/24

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Re: Jeeps vs Tomcats 3/8/24

Post by #Girlsrule »

:?: :?:
Last edited by #Girlsrule on Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

:evil:
#Girlsrule wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:15 pm
Sciotodowns wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 am [quote=#Girlsrule post_id=2104269 time=<a href="tel:1709954458">1709954458</a> user_id=15751]
For the life of me, I will never understand starting the kid from Scotland and never playing him again. Nothing like killing his confidence. And Brock Campbell only saw three minutes but he gave tremendous defensive effort, shoots two threes and gets yanked. I don’t get it. We need other scorers in the game.
Yeah I would question Coach Persin as well! 😂
Just won a District Championship by double digits and picked up his 800th win.
He’s a great coach but I’m not sure who’s calling the shots. 😂
[/quote]

someone told me tnite your SW volleyball coach and instead of congratulating the kids you teach you get on here to question coaching decisions :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a weird school yall different can’t even be happy w success lmao

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

burgpirater wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:46 am :evil:
#Girlsrule wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:15 pm
Sciotodowns wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 am [quote=#Girlsrule post_id=2104269 time=<a href="tel:1709954458">1709954458</a> user_id=15751]
For the life of me, I will never understand starting the kid from Scotland and never playing him again. Nothing like killing his confidence. And Brock Campbell only saw three minutes but he gave tremendous defensive effort, shoots two threes and gets yanked. I don’t get it. We need other scorers in the game.
Yeah I would question Coach Persin as well! 😂
Just won a District Championship by double digits and picked up his 800th win.
He’s a great coach but I’m not sure who’s calling the shots. 😂
someone told me tnite your SW volleyball coach and instead of congratulating the kids you teach you get on here to question coaching decisions :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a weird school yall different can’t even be happy w success lmao
[/quote]

Lol…wut?*

JPSFRV
Waterboy

Post by JPSFRV »

The point that “Girlsrule” makes is valid. The question is why? This is not the first time this question has been raised. In fact, many times. Why does the Scotland kid stay on the bench? He starts and then is pulled. Is it possible that he is simply not good enough? The general consensus on this forum would suggest that this is not the case. Why else? Others on this forum have pointed out that he gets sent to the bench for the smallest mistake. “Girlsrule” talks about how this can impact on the confidence of a player. I would suggest that this is a valid point also. I would further suggest that the purpose of high school sports is to develop the personality and confidence of young men and women. For those that have watched all the games, has Timothy’s confidence been enhanced over time?? The fact of the matter is that the coaches get to choose who gets to step on a court, and rightly so. Jack Timothy is an exchange student who will be gone soon; a Foreign National. Local players must come first…correct…???

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Just my opinion but Timothy was dominant in the post early in the season and then he started seeing less playing time. Now when he’s in he hardly gets any touches in the paint. Confidence definitely went down. He showed he can get to the basket almost as effective as ER. I mean websters won 22 games I guess I don’t have anything to chip in just weird how a kid went from 10-19 points per game to nothing

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
DatAppalachian
Waterboy

Post by DatAppalachian »

Long time reader, first time poster -- After reading the absolute poop chute that this site has become over the past couple years I stepped away. The Jeeps have been playing well so I figured I'd get on here to see what the Jeep Nation has been saying on here... man am I disappointed.

1) Shame on all of you. Your anonymity is not assured and most of you have been fingered years ago. You not only steer these conversation from legitimate discourse, but you embarrass the community and your name. Again, most of you are known so speak like it! The only thing worse than coming on here to praise the HS teams and seeing this vitriol is going to games and hearing people talk about how "X posted this on SEOP." "Well, did you see what Y posted." Be better.

2) These young men tied the record for most wins in a season (19), Won the first District Title in 11 years, and each and every one of them have bettered themselves on and off the court. If you have anything to say about the coaching or the players other than something akin to "Hot dog, this team is on fire and I hope they can continue with whatever they're doing" I suggest you keep it to yourselves. Many of you on here complaining coach other teams from SW. I'm not sure if it is jealousy, pettiness, or downright inability to feel good about the success of others but suck it up and congratulate these boys and coaches.

3) I'm team Jack. I spent the first half of this season saying he is the best #6 man in Southern Ohio; because despite what many of you are saying he was not starting at the beginning of the year. I truly believe that he plays harder than any other player out there and I love that he plays the post like it's 2003 -- apparently they never got the memo that post play is dead in Scotland. However, and this is just an old basketball fan throwing in his non-disparaging opinion, maybe the teams we've played these last few games aren't conducive to having a 6'7" (Roberts), 6'3" (Sommer) and 6'4" (Timothy) player? The coaches, I assume, see the worth and talent of Timothy. He went from a #6 man to a starter and it was well deserved. But quick, guard heavy teams -- like the Jeeps have been playing -- need small quick defenders. Shuphert has stepped up during those games. I wouldn't be surprised if Timothy doesn't start this next game and Shuphert does. Not because Timothy doesn't deserve it or because the coach have some vendetta against Scots, but because Leesburg Fairfield is guard heavy.

4) The benefit of having so many players that can come off the bench is that we can adjust to different teams and their play styles. The coaches know this, the players know this, and most of the fans know this. The saddest part is that I KNOW that those people talking trash on here know this as well. But they'd rather ignore that and use this platform to attack someone "anonymously" to make themselves feel better about their shortcomings: be it coaching or otherwise.

Great job this season Jeeps. Keep playing hard and bringing home championships. You're representing us well -- even if our fans are not.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

DatAppalachian wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:32 am Long time reader, first time poster -- After reading the absolute poop chute that this site has become over the past couple years I stepped away. The Jeeps have been playing well so I figured I'd get on here to see what the Jeep Nation has been saying on here... man am I disappointed.

1) Shame on all of you. Your anonymity is not assured and most of you have been fingered years ago. You not only steer these conversation from legitimate discourse, but you embarrass the community and your name. Again, most of you are known so speak like it! The only thing worse than coming on here to praise the HS teams and seeing this vitriol is going to games and hearing people talk about how "X posted this on SEOP." "Well, did you see what Y posted." Be better.

2) These young men tied the record for most wins in a season (19), Won the first District Title in 11 years, and each and every one of them have bettered themselves on and off the court. If you have anything to say about the coaching or the players other than something akin to "Hot dog, this team is on fire and I hope they can continue with whatever they're doing" I suggest you keep it to yourselves. Many of you on here complaining coach other teams from SW. I'm not sure if it is jealousy, pettiness, or downright inability to feel good about the success of others but suck it up and congratulate these boys and coaches.

3) I'm team Jack. I spent the first half of this season saying he is the best #6 man in Southern Ohio; because despite what many of you are saying he was not starting at the beginning of the year. I truly believe that he plays harder than any other player out there and I love that he plays the post like it's 2003 -- apparently they never got the memo that post play is dead in Scotland. However, and this is just an old basketball fan throwing in his non-disparaging opinion, maybe the teams we've played these last few games aren't conducive to having a 6'7" (Roberts), 6'3" (Sommer) and 6'4" (Timothy) player? The coaches, I assume, see the worth and talent of Timothy. He went from a #6 man to a starter and it was well deserved. But quick, guard heavy teams -- like the Jeeps have been playing -- need small quick defenders. Shuphert has stepped up during those games. I wouldn't be surprised if Timothy doesn't start this next game and Shuphert does. Not because Timothy doesn't deserve it or because the coach have some vendetta against Scots, but because Leesburg Fairfield is guard heavy.

4) The benefit of having so many players that can come off the bench is that we can adjust to different teams and their play styles. The coaches know this, the players know this, and most of the fans know this. The saddest part is that I KNOW that those people talking trash on here know this as well. But they'd rather ignore that and use this platform to attack someone "anonymously" to make themselves feel better about their shortcomings: be it coaching or otherwise.

Great job this season Jeeps. Keep playing hard and bringing home championships. You're representing us well -- even if our fans are not.
DA, just maybe if more fans of the game who "read" and don't post - WOULD post as you just did (and very well I might add) a lot of the bs would go away ... what I have found over 25 years of posting is that when those who are on here to "downgrade" coaches/players/teams/schools - don't get the responses they are looking for or don't get the reads/are ignored by those who do post with the best interests of athletes/teams/schools in mind - those posters go away ... I have posted a lot over the years BUT I have written and NOT posted even more as I don't want to give some a platform to continue their bs ... I know of many outstanding posters on SEOPs who have left or only read now who just feel it's not worth it anymore - which is unfortunate as these posters know the game, had much to contribute to threads that allowed ALL of us to learn about teams, players, school communities all across Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... your post DA - right on the money ...

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

DatAppalachian wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:32 am Long time reader, first time poster -- After reading the absolute poop chute that this site has become over the past couple years I stepped away. The Jeeps have been playing well so I figured I'd get on here to see what the Jeep Nation has been saying on here... man am I disappointed.

Well as angry as you seem hopefully you found your safe space and won’t feel the need to post anymore. But it’s great that you can post again if you want. Just as those who you complain about can. You might learn something from them though. After all, they never complained about you or your posts. Have a great day and stay safe. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

It appears in perfect thimble fashion they have disappeared

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:56 pm It appears in perfect thimble fashion they have disappeared
Did Hosey’s stomper not work? And did Norm’s diaper hold up? Those are the important questions. :mrgreen:

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Billy Brave wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:16 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:56 pm It appears in perfect thimble fashion they have disappeared
Did Hosey’s stomper not work? And did Norm’s diaper hold up? Those are the important questions. :mrgreen:
sleepy norm cant soil his diaper if he never is awake

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion

Return to “Boys Basketball”