Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 3/3 North Adams v Ironton

Post by Ironman92 »

Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

What does North Adams have outside of Copas?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:35 pm What does North Adams have outside of Copas?
Shooters and play pretty nasty team defense for their pace they play at. I think it’s an interesting matchup, Tigers should dominate the glass again, but NA rebounds well for being undersized.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Ironton over N Adams . I give N Adams a chance but I think Ironton has to much

UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

84Dragon wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:12 am Ironton over N Adams . I give N Adams a chance but I think Ironton has to much
I agree.Tigers win. Terry is a tough matchup for anyone guarding him.Heck of a player

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:35 pm What does North Adams have outside of Copas?
They’re a complete team honestly, Copas doesn’t have to carry the team by any means but he’s one of the quickest guys with the ball I’ve seen over the last few years. He’ll be a major handful for Terry, they’re not big but very fundamentally sound and while undersized they usually win the rebounding battle. Should be a good game, NA surprised me just because when they come out they just don’t pass that eye test you get from teams but they compete hard from start to finish and like I said very fundamentally sound and can hit the shots.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironton’s two tournament games have been just like their season. Capable of looking really bad or really good any given night.

unclequis
Riding the Bench

Post by unclequis »

Thacker and Layne made scoring down low nearly impossible for Chesapeake. Granted, Maynard and Perkins are much smaller than Copas, Rothwell, and Schweikart -- but even Kazee (who still had 19) at 6'2" was given some trouble. Seems to be an unsung aspect of Ironton's game -- interested to see how North Adams handles it next Sunday.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Should be a great game, north Adams needs to make some one else beat Them bedside Terry ,double team him and put it on the rest of the team.

Same with copas

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:17 pm Should be a great game, north Adams needs to make some one else beat Them bedside Terry ,double team him and put it on the rest of the team.

Same with copas
Terry had one of his best games of the year vs peake and if he continues to play like that Ironton will be moving to the next round. If you double Terry you will have problems with Schreck, Schreck is the teams leading scorer.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Watched both teams numerous times.
NA by 5-8 points.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Ironton by 15. Too physical for the little basketball school

syyoung
Waterboy

Post by syyoung »

On a good night for Ironton, this will be a close game. But anybody that's watched this team all year knows that they are capable of playing at a high level, or also capable of playing really terrible on any given night. It took all they had to beat a not so great Rock Hill team just before the Chesapeake game. The most likely scenario is that North Adams wins this game by at least 8. If Ironton shows up to play like they did against Chesapeake, and Terry is on that night, they can pull the upset.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ironton will flex their muscles early and this one will never be in doubt despite North Adams not ever giving up. Ironton 67-55

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

To best Ironton, match their physicality. They thrive on turning it over and running. If North Adams is strong with the ball in their half court offense, they can beat Ironton. Ironton does not want to play half court basketball. They want to speed you up and get out in transition. This will be either a close win by North Adams or a blow out by Ironton.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

I’ll take ironton in this one. Should be close but I think ironton is too physical for NA.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Bfan99 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:32 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:17 pm Should be a great game, north Adams needs to make some one else beat Them bedside Terry ,double team him and put it on the rest of the team.

Same with copas
Terry had one of his best games of the year vs peake and if he continues to play like that Ironton will be moving to the next round. If you double Terry you will have problems with Schreck, Schreck is the teams leading scorer.

Yes you are right ,but I'd take my chances with him beating me instead of letting Terry have a game like he did at Jackson

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Goes without saying - but a strong start can be the difference in this one. North Adams jumped on Zane Trace from the get go and hit like 6 3s in the first quarter. Both teams have good players, but you don’t want to play catch up at this level. Na can probably shoot the ball better, but Ironton will have a better inside game.

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

If the ironton from Chesapeake game shows up or even against SP give me Ironton by 10 if not it will be a close one

Return to “Boys Basketball”