3/3 North Adams v Ironton

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Re: 3/3 North Adams v Ironton

Post by GoBigI »

Terry HAS to take that last shot. It should’ve never left his hands! Great game by both teams.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Glad to see Ironton back at the convo, only losing 1 starter for next year they will be back. Layne is a stud and only a freshman

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

Bfan99 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:53 pm Glad to see Ironton back at the convo, only losing 1 starter for next year they will be back. Layne is a stud and only a freshman
they gonna lose more than that Terry will enroll early at ND so he’s gone too

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

The full court pressure got Ironton back into the game but late in the 4th I would’ve pulled back some. Na started breaking the press and Rothwell was either scoring or going to the foul line. With the foul trouble they had, I’m surprised Ironton didn’t try to hold the ball more once they got it tied. Just my thoughts but their pressure in the 3rd was impressive. NA doesn’t typically get sped up like that.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironton I believe was down 1 late and had the ball and came down and chucked up a long three!! Didn't need that. I think if they get the lead there, they possibly win the game.

Was really Impressed with ironton's pressure in the second half. NA struggled with it and it took them out of there game as they tried to hold the ball that resulted in either a TO or a bad shot.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:18 am Ironton I believe was down 1 late and had the ball and came down and chucked up a long three!! Didn't need that. I think if they get the lead there, they possibly win the game.

Was really Impressed with ironton's pressure in the second half. NA struggled with it and it took them out of there game as they tried to hold the ball that resulted in either a TO or a bad shot.
I agree. Ironton shot selection in critical moments was shocking. As good as the press was due to their athleticism, I felt their half court defense was very bad and gave up too many easy, uncontested shots.

Return to “Boys Basketball”